Author Topic: [IMPORTANT] Features going away  (Read 1164 times)

Sirius

• Tier 2
  • Current Mood: annoyed annoyed
Re: [IMPORTANT] Features going away
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2019, 03:34:05 PM »
Amazing. An official Discord server. Do you have any idea how many unofficial Freebird Discord servers you just killed with that?
Millions. You killed millions.

Ah, at least there's a designated hell place people can be redirected to should they become insane enough to create another unofficial Freebird Discord server then.

In any case, notify me should an IRC server arise. That, at least, would be relevant.

Arwym (آرویم)

• Keeper of the Fantasy
  • Forum Technician
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: creative creative
  • Discord ID: Arwym#6091
  • Twitter: arwym
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2019, 01:30:57 AM »
Amazing. An official Discord server. Do you have any idea how many unofficial Freebird Discord servers you just killed with that?
Millions. You killed millions.

Ah, at least there's a designated hell place people can be redirected to should they become insane enough to create another unofficial Freebird Discord server then.

In any case, notify me should an IRC server arise. That, at least, would be relevant.

Sadly, IRC isn't used much by the latest generations. :( I like IRC a lot, too, but that's the truth. Anyway, we always have the forums, they aren't going anywhere. :)

[Please do not PM me for forum support, unless it is a private matter.]

EatingToastYay

• Tier 6
  • You are what you eat.
    • My DeviantArt
  • Current Mood: thoughtful thoughtful
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2019, 09:04:46 AM »
Oh no the shoutbox! But I'm glad that the website is being worked on and not forgotten  :kardiansmile:
gosh i really haven't posted for a long time either. Maybe it's time to start making fanart once again!

atommo

• Tier 7
  • Awesomeness :D
  • Current Mood: cool cool
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2019, 06:09:58 PM »
While security is good and all, I cannot approve of the shoutbox being removed

Here's the problem: this forum is VERY inactive as-is. The shoutbox was one of the few things that was relatively active. Now that it is gone, this forum feels like a graveyard. The point I'm trying to make is, what's the point of the changes if it causes a dead forum?

Its not just the shoutbox. I didn't really see the need to remove the long-gone 'chat' and 'shop' either. They were fun things to have and even if they weren't used much, they were still used (I miss those Quintessence darts and the football passes). Yes, there are alternatives out there, but those won't help the forum be any more active (and I mean active in a good way (not the toxic kind of active)). Better to have something and not feel the urge to use it than feel the urge to use something that is no longer there. And this site just feels... wrong... without the shoutbox at the top.

Those features are what make/made this forum more fun than any other. I mean they kept me around this long (and for the record, this is the longest I have ever been semi-active on any forum). This is/was a nice, cozy forum and I haven't seen any other forum that's been able to give the same feeling. All the others I've seen are either too toxic or repressive.

It just seems like the removal of pretty much all the features that made this forum unique is going to end up ultimately killing it

:-\
The sentence below is false
The sentence above is true

Stardale

• Freebird Linguist-Actor
  • Tier 7
    • Blog
  • Current Mood: happy happy
  • Discord ID: senseigab#6268
  • Twitter: senseigab
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2019, 04:42:42 PM »
Make the Freebird Games Forum Great Again!!! T_T

But on a serious note:

Regarding customized forum titles (e.g. Arwym's "Keeper of the Fantasy" line below her username): In the past, we were able to modify our own forum titles through the Quintessence darts, which were only bought from the store. Since the store had been removed, what could members with titles do to have them changed or removed?