Author Topic: What year do you think To The Moon takes place?  (Read 1841 times)

N7Soldier11

• Tier 2
What year do you think To The Moon takes place?
« on: January 19, 2019, 03:02:43 AM »
In To The Moon there is a reference to Animorphs. That book series came out in the 1990s when Johnny was a young child so I think To The Moon takes place in the 2060s-2080s.

What do you think?

Also can this universe be expanded? How do the governments feel about the artificial memory technology?

Do you think humanity in this universe will be able to become an interstellar civilization like Mass Effect/Star Trek or even The Expanse?

Sun

• Tier 6
  • Person of personness
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: What year do you think To The Moon takes place?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2019, 01:06:05 PM »
Yep, that's a reasonable timeframe.

And yeah, more could be said about the world around the characters, in their present. We'll see whether this will happen :)
I don't think it's necessary for the patient stories since those play in the past, but then, you just never know with this developer. After all, he did give us a glimpse into Sigmund's workings when we got to see how they go about attracting customers in Finding Paradise.
But who knows what's in store with Neil's and Eva's sidestory. Maybe that'll play heavier on developments in their world?

If TTM's humanity is to go to the stars, it might still be a long way away. Because, well, their world still looks pretty much like ours, just with some cool computer developments. Of course, that's once again an "as far as we know". Maybe in the last game, Reives will surprise us by showing that actually, Neil and Eva are just brains in jars on a trip to the edge of the known universe and they needed something to keep their minds busy during the journey so as to not go insane. I mean, the first game was called "To the Moon", and what I've learned so far is that Reives loves to plant bits of foreshadowing long before the actual thing they're referring to gets unveiled.

Also, with your user name, we should really have a debate on the original ending of Mass Effect.
(Just kidding, I'm over that now ... I think ...  :'()

N7Soldier11

• Tier 2
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2019, 01:33:39 PM »
I love the cool sci fi concepts Reives gave us. I am particularity excited for Faye. So the memory technology can create life?

chilakiller

• Tier 2
  • Video game designer, founder of Imertual
  • Current Mood: happy happy
  • Discord ID: 545014394053066752
  • Twitter: FJavierRayon
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2019, 07:51:55 PM »
In To The Moon there is a reference to Animorphs. That book series came out in the 1990s when Johnny was a young child so I think To The Moon takes place in the 2060s-2080s.

What do you think?

Also can this universe be expanded? How do the governments feel about the artificial memory technology?

Do you think humanity in this universe will be able to become an interstellar civilization like Mass Effect/Star Trek or even The Expanse?

Animorphs defintely helps to imagine that timeframe. I found it interesting that myself I was a kid when the series was transmitted in Mexico.