Author Topic: Beginning my journey today  (Read 1528 times)

Henrryparth

• Tier 1
Beginning my journey today
« on: December 25, 2018, 07:37:17 AM »
I have heard nothing but great things about this series and I want to experience it myself, definitely need some help getting back in touch with my feels and I heard this will do it. I plan on playing “A Bird’s Story”, followed by “To The Moon” and finally, “Finding Paradise”. The question I have is first, is that an appropriate order to play these games? And what are the three other episodes I saw on Freebird’s site and are they necessary to play?

StarwindD6

• Tier 3
  • Everything's alright so long as the beacon shines
  • Current Mood: alright alright
Re: Beginning my journey today
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2018, 11:07:50 AM »
Only To The Moon, A Bird Story, and Finding Paradise are related. Everything else is standalone and have their own characters, world, etc. And as for these three I personally think that A Bird Story should come right before FP since they are related in ways you will only realize when you play them, no spoilers. To The Moon can come before or after, though I think before is better because in some ways it is more aged/experience from making it went into FP.

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
  • Current Mood: creative creative
  • Discord ID: DragonMage156#0211
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2018, 03:23:51 AM »
I'd recommend To the Moon > A Bird Story > Finding Paradise

There are two minisodes that happen inbetween TtM and FP as well but it's more related to the doctors.

The other stuff (such as Quintessence, The Mirror Lied, Do you Remember my Lullaby) are not related to this series so don't worry too much about those. Though if you'd like to try out a longer game in the more fantasy/medieval genre, I'd recommend Quintessence. It's a bit outdated in comparison but people still like it.

fenzil

• Tier 4
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2018, 05:17:10 PM »
I think this thread is from a spam bot, like the other one I just replied to. The text in the OP is taken from an old Reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/freebirdgames/comments/7macah/beginning_my_journey_today/ It seems like we've got bots/spammers that copy text from Freebird-related Reddit posts and post them here. I almost gave a serious reply to the other one but I'm glad I looked up the text in it first  :-\

TheFlyingMarlin

• Tier 5
  • Current Mood: unmotivated unmotivated
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2018, 05:48:59 PM »
I think this thread is from a spam bot, like the other one I just replied to. The text in the OP is taken from an old Reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/freebirdgames/comments/7macah/beginning_my_journey_today/ It seems like we've got bots/spammers that copy text from Freebird-related Reddit posts and post them here. I almost gave a serious reply to the other one but I'm glad I looked up the text in it first  :-\

beep boop -er- I mean, THE BOTS ARE EVOLVING!

Thunderbird

• 雷の鳥
  • Tier 7
  • Flame Haze
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2018, 06:46:59 PM »
Both bots are banned now. I wonder what the purpose of those bots is, they are not linking to any scamwebsite.
Even if you are nothing more than a drop in a bucket...
Every drop leaves ripples.

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
  • Discord ID: DragonMage156#0211
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2018, 06:51:00 PM »
Oh man, I thought it was an actual person XD (and to think I just replied to "Freebird games deserves more attention" :facepalm: )

fenzil

• Tier 4
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2018, 02:06:21 AM »
Both bots are banned now. I wonder what the purpose of those bots is, they are not linking to any scamwebsite.

On some other forums I'm on, they'll edit the post sometime later with spam links. One particular forum has a big problem with bots reposting articles from slightly obscure sites (to make it harder to identify the plagiarism) and they get a discussion going. Then a week later, they'll edit to turn several words into links to premiumkitchensalez.ru, etc.

To be honest, I don't think they're bots anymore. It's probably a person paid to hunt down steal-able content and get through all the captchas and things.