Author Topic: A repented pirate short tale (spoilers inside)  (Read 1696 times)

sgunf

• Tier 2
A repented pirate short tale (spoilers inside)
« on: January 01, 2018, 10:31:54 AM »
Hi,
I must admit that I illegally downloaded TTM.
Then I started playing. I am not a pixel art fan, and I began the Eva and Neil journey with not much enthusiasm; I gave it a chance because of good reviews.
Then I knew River and John. I immersed in their life and began to feel what they felt. I got angry with Eva because of her nonsense choice, and I've been grateful to her, always because of  her nonsense choice.
Most important thing, I received a rare gift, that only good stories can give: I cried.

Then, when finished, I went on GOG and bought the game. This story deserved it all and my conscience would not forgive me if I did differently.

I know that piracy has ALWAYS to be blamed, but I just wanted to let you know the power of well done works. Thank you Kan Gao and sorry for my behaviour.

(...and sorry for my very poor english, too!)

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: playful playful
Re: A repented pirate short tale (spoilers inside)
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 12:59:05 PM »
Good to see you enjoyed it enough to go buy it AFTER finishing it. That takes some real motivation :)

I hope you're able to similarly enjoy Finding Paradise :3 Did you play TTM in English? Or a translated version?

sgunf

• Tier 2
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 02:15:38 PM »
That's the reason I decided to tell everybody what I did.
Now, for FP things are different. I bought it BEFORE starting it :)
I played english version of TTM, anyway. I didn't even know there were 2 italian translations, but that didn't change the way I enjoyed this tale.
Will come back later with my toughts on FP, maybe.

For now: thanks, really

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
  • Current Mood: creative creative
  • Discord ID: DragonMage156#0211
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2018, 06:26:30 PM »
Oh that's cool. Yeah TtM does what a lot of games nowadays fail to do and that's invoke emotion to make even the most serious people shed a tear and relate to real life people. WITH RPG Maker I might add.

Glad you enjoyed the game and brought it afterwards :)

sgunf

• Tier 2
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2018, 06:03:46 PM »
Ok, I consider myself quite a serious person, and yes, like Dragon Mage stated, I shed a tear (more of one, to be honest) with FP, too!
I honestly wasn't enthusiast about the minigames, as in my humble opinion they don't add so much to the game, but with this second episode Kan Gao hit the spot again.

And again: thank you :)