Author Topic: Finding Paradise  (Read 8968 times)

StarwindD6

• Tier 3
  • Everything's alright so long as the beacon shines
  • Current Mood: alright alright
Re: Finding Paradise
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2017, 12:50:46 AM »
The brown dress...Telling Clin that he can't fly against the wind(of course the bird would know)...Wrapping her wings around Colin..."a friend going far away" and learning to fly so he could go find the bird...And diving into the bush...So much subtle things I literally have to give it a replay sometime to catch all of it.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 01:02:15 AM by StarwindD6 »

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
  • Current Mood: creative creative
  • Discord ID: DragonMage156#0211
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2017, 04:40:08 AM »
So the "bird story" Colin mentioned in his earlier memories was fake/made up.

On the other hand, I LOVE how she has bird wings :)

Multiuniverse

• Tier 2
  • The Chronicler of The Winds
  • Current Mood: sad sad
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2017, 05:23:10 AM »
So the "bird story" Colin mentioned in his earlier memories was fake/made up.

On the other hand, I LOVE how she has bird wings :)

I think the bird was real. But Colin designs Faye base off the bird.
“My story is done, but it keeps on starting over. In the end it will hover like an invisible note, embedded in the wind that ceaselessly blows from the sea. It will exist in the raindrops falling on the parched earth, and in the end it will exist in the air we breath” - Henning Mankell (Chronicler of The Winds)

Kyo

• no title at all
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: evil evil
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2017, 12:58:14 PM »
The brown dress...Telling Clin that he can't fly against the wind(of course the bird would know)...Wrapping her wings around Colin..."a friend going far away" and learning to fly so he could go find the bird...And diving into the bush...So much subtle things I literally have to give it a replay sometime to catch all of it.
Also, when Colin asks Faye if she "remembers the first time we came here" (the hill), she asks back: "which first time?" Colin answers with "the second one, I guess."
That's because he's talking about the first time she came there with him as a human; the "first-first" time was as a bird.

Leave Me Alone

• Tier 2
  • Many talk about dreams, few put them into action
  • Current Mood: angry angry
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2017, 01:43:15 PM »
Right, spent 30 hours in total poring over the game. 

I'm 100% certain Faye is the personification of the bird that Colin came up with after the bird was gone. There are way too many signs to back this up. There is:
  • Her colour code, it's the same brown as the bird
  • Colin carrying her around on his back during their race up the cliff, similar to how he carried the bird in his backpack
  • The way she hides in a bush, exactly like the hide and seek with the bird
  • On top of what Kyo said about being to the cliff for the second time, there is another line of dialogue where Faye and Colin talk about their time on the balcony. Not balconies, or across the balcony
  • The wing symbolism everywhere. Not just the wings that appear when she hugs Colin, but her ponytail when she plays with it, and the way that ponytail floats when she is in the machine interface world. It's even got the white streak from her hair band that looks like the underside of the bird's wing

@Starwind
Not sure about birds, but from playing flight sims, it's usually easier for aircraft to fly against the wind, especially during takeoff and landing. Rushing air approaching from the front generates lift on the wings. Only time you'd really want a tailwind is for cruising.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 01:51:40 PM by Leave Me Alone »

StarwindD6

• Tier 3
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2017, 04:17:17 PM »
Right, spent 30 hours in total poring over the game. 

I'm 100% certain Faye is the personification of the bird that Colin came up with after the bird was gone. There are way too many signs to back this up. There is:
  • Her colour code, it's the same brown as the bird
  • Colin carrying her around on his back during their race up the cliff, similar to how he carried the bird in his backpack
  • The way she hides in a bush, exactly like the hide and seek with the bird
  • On top of what Kyo said about being to the cliff for the second time, there is another line of dialogue where Faye and Colin talk about their time on the balcony. Not balconies, or across the balcony
  • The wing symbolism everywhere. Not just the wings that appear when she hugs Colin, but her ponytail when she plays with it, and the way that ponytail floats when she is in the machine interface world. It's even got the white streak from her hair band that looks like the underside of the bird's wing

@Starwind
Not sure about birds, but from playing flight sims, it's usually easier for aircraft to fly against the wind, especially during takeoff and landing. Rushing air approaching from the front generates lift on the wings. Only time you'd really want a tailwind is for cruising.

Oh, that I know. I was referring to when Colin kept trying to throw his paper plane over, and Faye remarked that it won't make it over flying against the wind. I just thought it was another hint towards the personification, since if Faye was the bird she would definitely know enough about flight to say that.

EDIT: Wow, 30 hours is some dedication.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 06:46:33 PM by StarwindD6 »

Multiuniverse

• Tier 2
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2017, 08:46:45 AM »
One teeny thing that’s bugging me is the system the notes are put.

I prefer the ones in To The Moon where they’re arranged in a book and changed according to new informations over the one in FP which are just listed. I dunno it’s just more aesthetically pleasing.
“My story is done, but it keeps on starting over. In the end it will hover like an invisible note, embedded in the wind that ceaselessly blows from the sea. It will exist in the raindrops falling on the parched earth, and in the end it will exist in the air we breath” - Henning Mankell (Chronicler of The Winds)

StarwindD6

• Tier 3
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2017, 03:02:09 PM »

I prefer the ones in To The Moon where they’re arranged in a book and changed according to new informations over the one in FP which are just listed. I dunno it’s just more aesthetically pleasing.

I think that's only how it is in mobile. In TtM PC the interface is also kind of weird, but I think that's a RMXP limitation.

Multiuniverse

• Tier 2
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2017, 06:57:43 PM »

I think that's only how it is in mobile. In TtM PC the interface is also kind of weird, but I think that's a RMXP limitation.

Oh Ok yeah because I played Ttm on mobile then FP on PC so that makes sense.

Erenussocrates

• Tier 5
  • Broke Reives' laptop :P
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2017, 04:13:51 PM »
Btw, I'm really curious about one thing. Is Neil's transformation a reference to Saint Seiya? Nothing else that looks like that rings a bell.

Edit: Also the obvious 80's action anime music that plays in that scene completes the picture LOL
Videogame developers are not gods that anyone should worship. I hereby decide that is my top existential reason to prove that horrible, horrible misconception, because that is becoming annoyingly rampant in every corner of the internet.  They can deserve critism, or thrashing even. It doesn't even need to be constructive critism. And even if you are a free game developer doesn't mean community is your personal ego farm.

StarwindD6

• Tier 3
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2017, 05:51:08 PM »
Btw, I'm really curious about one thing. Is Neil's transformation a reference to Saint Seiya? Nothing else that looks like that rings a bell.

Edit: Also the obvious 80's action anime music that plays in that scene completes the picture LOL

I thought that scene was just a reference to 80's anime in general.

Erenussocrates

• Tier 5
  • Broke Reives' laptop :P
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2017, 05:57:19 PM »
Well nothing else rings a bell like that except if Neil is into, I don't know, Sailor moon or something though lmao (that would have been hilarious and kinda out of his character though)
Videogame developers are not gods that anyone should worship. I hereby decide that is my top existential reason to prove that horrible, horrible misconception, because that is becoming annoyingly rampant in every corner of the internet.  They can deserve critism, or thrashing even. It doesn't even need to be constructive critism. And even if you are a free game developer doesn't mean community is your personal ego farm.

Silmina

• Tier 1
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2017, 03:48:54 AM »
In my humble opinion, I like FP better than TtM. Not to mean comparing them both because both are quite amazing on their own ways.

But what I do like from FP is, that in the end, Colin can really accept his regrets. While TtM mainly focus on fulfilling wish that never happened in reality, FP tells us to forgive and accept every regrets we have and live with it. I really like the moral of the story (mainly because I can retaliate my life with it), that everything happened to us yesterday is what make us today, and that today is the most beautiful day we have - that we would not trade for anything. Well, Colin had a lovely wife and son, and I believe that deep in his heart, he feels happy.

my first comment, sorry for my bad english  :3

Multiuniverse

• Tier 2
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2017, 05:04:20 AM »
In my humble opinion, I like FP better than TtM. Not to mean comparing them both because both are quite amazing on their own ways.

But what I do like from FP is, that in the end, Colin can really accept his regrets. While TtM mainly focus on fulfilling wish that never happened in reality, FP tells us to forgive and accept every regrets we have and live with it. I really like the moral of the story (mainly because I can retaliate my life with it), that everything happened to us yesterday is what make us today, and that today is the most beautiful day we have - that we would not trade for anything. Well, Colin had a lovely wife and son, and I believe that deep in his heart, he feels happy.

my first comment, sorry for my bad english  :3

“There is no man… however wise, who has not at some period of his youth said things, or lived in a way the consciousness of which is so unpleasant to him in later life that he would gladly, if he could, expunge it from his memory. And yet he ought not entirely to regret it, because he cannot be certain that he has indeed become a wise man” - Marcel Proust

kittymaverick

• Tier 1
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2017, 07:31:47 AM »
FYI, for more bird personification hints for Faye, there were two that haven't been mentioned:

1. The place that Colin hung out with Faye while they play their instruments, later revealed to have a dead tree rather than a living one, is one of the locations that appeared in ABS. It was a pretty key location too, if I remember right... (Was it where Colin found and let the bird go? I can't recall and haven't had time to check beyond other people's screen shots.)

2. The very last time we see Faye in the game, she disappears off screen to the sound of flapping wings.