Author Topic: Greetings from Jay!  (Read 1975 times)

Gamesjayplays

• Tier 2
Greetings from Jay!
« on: April 06, 2017, 04:55:38 PM »
Hello everyone! My username is Gamesjayplays, but you can call me Jay. I've wanted to join this forum for a while now, but never had the time. I run a youtube channel where I used to do let's plays, but has since shifted to do dubs of videos games without voice acting with a group of friends and people all around the internet. I've found this incredibly rewarding in hopes for it to take off in the future with many games planned to dub.

To the Moon is one of those games I'm currently working on, and I absolutely CAN NOT WAIT to finish the rest of the game. To then immediately start on dubbing the continuation.

My job keeps me very busy, so I don't intend on being incredibly active here, but would love to update you all on when I've completed another To the Moon part in the dub in the creative section. Here's my youtube for reference and part 1 of the dub! Please treat me well!

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChim-5RHTTUqgvoL9yFpHpw

Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdsOdUQtv8E

EatingToastYay

• Tier 6
  • You are what you eat.
    • My DeviantArt
  • Current Mood: thoughtful thoughtful
Re: Greetings from Jay!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 09:29:53 PM »
Hey Jay! Good to have you on the forum  :) Your dub project sounds really cool; while you may not be on here all that often, I'm glad you decided to join!

EgotisticalRaven

• Leeeeroy Jeeeeenkins!
  • Tier 7
  • ایگوتیستیکال ریون
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 11:09:08 PM »
It's great to see a new Freebirdian! There are a ton of great Freebird games here you can dub over too! A lot of free ones as well. I had a look at your TtM video, very nice quality!

If I was to give a little bit of constructive criticism for the dub though, Eva's voice was a little too whispery, and didn't sound like it had much emotion in it. Other than that, it's pretty good. I hope you continue to make these.
PoisonRabbit is dead, the EgotisticalRaven ate it.

TheFlyingMarlin

• Tier 5
  • Current Mood: unmotivated unmotivated
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 11:23:09 PM »
There are a ton of great Freebird games here you can dub over too! A lot of free ones as well. I had a look at your TtM video, very nice quality!

I'd like to see someone try dubbing A Bird Story, The Mirror Lied, or Do You Remember My Lullaby :P

But in all seriousness, Quintessence: The Blighted Venom would be a fun game to dub. It's a lot longer, and although it's virtually unknown outside this community, it's an amazing game. Some of the dialogue is a bit awkward compared to To the Moon, and the development's been on hiatus for several years (so it's unfinished), but it's still really good. Also, there are a lot more characters, with around 10 major characters (depending on who you count as "major"), in addition to countless minor characters, so if you wanted a project that could include more people, or a chance to try out multiple voices per person, then I'd highly recommend Quintessence.

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
  • Current Mood: creative creative
  • Discord ID: DragonMage156#0211
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2017, 07:45:06 AM »
I have yet to see the TtM dub but I agree with The Flying Marlin. Although Quintessence is a bit behind TtM in terms of quality, it's currently my favorite Freebird game :)

I'd love to hear a dub of it! Er... if you have enough people that is ^^;

Mobbstar

• Tier 3
    • Klei Forums profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2017, 01:58:27 PM »
Hey there, a cool person! :o

Neko sounds so chill when she should be mad :vikonsmile: Still, you made good choices for the voices!  8)
You can contact me faster via Discord or Steam. Ask for my account name if you care.

Gamesjayplays

• Tier 2
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2017, 10:36:31 PM »
Thank you so much everyone! And I've never played Quintessence. But I'm adding it to my list right now! Also thank you everyone for the critiques! I really appreciate it!