Author Topic: Pre-Purchase Finding Paradise?  (Read 11107 times)

turkizhere

• Tier 2
Pre-Purchase Finding Paradise?
« on: January 17, 2016, 01:19:45 PM »
I can't find (lol) "Finding Paradise" in steam so I assume that it has yet to been put there. But I would like to pre-purchase it so I feel relief just knowing that it will be downloadable and playable in my library when it's released.

In short, Mr. Developer, please make it so that we can pre-purchase Finding Paradise in steam.

stitch123

• Tier 2
  • Current Mood: alright alright
Re: Pre-Purchase Finding Paradise?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 02:30:53 PM »
+1  D:

FirmlyGroundedAspie

• Tier 2
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 05:04:47 AM »
And on GOG, please. The Witcher 3 was advertised (and available for pre-order) on there for a long time prior to release - so it should be possible.

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
  • Current Mood: creative creative
  • Discord ID: DragonMage156#0211
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 04:41:27 PM »
@Reives ^

(I wish you could tag people on these forums)

EgotisticalRaven

• Leeeeroy Jeeeeenkins!
  • Tier 7
  • ایگوتیستیکال ریون
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 05:04:14 PM »
I think this is a good idea, but it may make Reives worry to much about meeting a deadline, and he might panic about the game and rush it.
PoisonRabbit is dead, the EgotisticalRaven ate it.

turkizhere

• Tier 2
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2016, 07:26:59 AM »
I think this is a good idea, but it may make Reives worry to much about meeting a deadline, and he might panic about the game and rush it.

There are dozens of games on steam that literally says "Coming Soon". And Mr. Developer has already given us an approximate release date/year. By having the game on steam and making it
purchasable indicates that the game will be released. Delays are fine.

Also, it would be fitting considering that a teaser trailer has already been released. We, the fans, would like to show our support to Mr. Developer by telling him to shut up and take our money. Unfortunately, throwing money at the screen isn't working so allowing pre-purchases on steam would fix that.

I, however, do not wish to pressure Mr. Developer with this request and I understand if he do not wish to oblige, but it's something to keep in mind.

TheFlyingMarlin

• Tier 5
  • Current Mood: unmotivated unmotivated
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2016, 08:51:47 AM »
Mr. Developer

From now on, that's what I'm calling Reives.

turkizhere

• Tier 2
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2016, 03:37:44 PM »
I feel like this thread deserves a bump after so many months. I would really like it if you could at the very least show that you are aware of this Mr. Developer.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 03:07:43 AM by turkizhere »

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2016, 04:08:40 PM »
*raises hand* I'm aware! :) Originally one of the biggest deterrents for me for doing pre-purchase was that I figured it'd be best if folks know more about the game first once it's out before purchasing (via reviews, feedback from others, etc.) -- but now that Steam has set up an official refund system in case it's not what folks expected anyway, it seems to be a non-issue. (And it was more of an issue for A Bird Story than Finding Paradise anyway, since ABS was a deviant from the TtM kind of game that folks were expecting, where as FP actually is a TtM-like game.)

So yes, I might do that this time for Finding Paradise, and throw in some perks in there as well. That being said, it's still going to be a while before that happens, though -- it'd probably be not too long before the game's released. c:

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2016, 10:03:39 PM »
Okay, so someone messaged me with concern about my previous suggestion of perk in case of pre-order coming off like "baiting people to pre-order" with that and whatnot -- So just thought in case anyone actually feels that way, no worries, the whole thing's done on the foundation that you can just refund if you don't like it or whatnot anyway (and keep the perks even if you do).

Or maybe the perks would be an early access to something, so it's not "lost forever if you don't pre-order" and stuff. Basically, I don't think it's an issue; just find some way folks are cool with and go at it. :) I only suggested perks because I'd want pre-order to have something going for folks who want that (that wouldn't have existed otherwise anyway), and I'm only considering pre-order because people are asking for it. Simple stuff.

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2016, 12:22:02 AM »
I'll just wait. If you do decide to put it up on Steam for pre-order, I'll buy it ASAP! :)

stitch123

• Tier 2
  • Current Mood: alright alright
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2016, 12:50:31 PM »
...long post...

It'd be really nice to have some perks, but I'd definitely preorder the game even if there weren't any.

EatingToastYay

• Tier 6
  • You are what you eat.
    • My DeviantArt
  • Current Mood: thoughtful thoughtful
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2016, 07:00:37 PM »
If there were an option to pre-order now (when the game's not even done   XD ) I'd do it twice, one for me and one for my friend - they hugged me after we played To The Moon together  :seraismile: so I bet they'd like it too! Just so I could play it as soon as it's released  ;)

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2016, 09:54:57 PM »
To The Moon together
That reminded me of Don't Starve Together. Imagine if To the Moon had a multiplayer version. That'd be awesome! :)

Imagine both you and your friend playing this game for the first time. You two wonder around finding memory links and you both experience feels at the same time (practically crying into the microphone XD ). However, that would be rather hard to code.

I think the best we can do is play it at the same time on our separate games (while talking about it).

EatingToastYay

• Tier 6
  • You are what you eat.
    • My DeviantArt
  • Current Mood: thoughtful thoughtful
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2016, 01:13:04 PM »
That would be cool! But then, it's possible that one person might miss out on seeing a memory link that the other person got first.