Author Topic: Hey...I'm Abrom  (Read 9714 times)

EgotisticalRaven

• Leeeeroy Jeeeeenkins!
  • Tier 7
  • ایگوتیستیکال ریون
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: Hey...I'm Abrom
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2016, 10:47:26 AM »
I was in a psychiatric ward for a few days, and I'm convinced that the medical field has no idea how to treat mental illness. It was a lot more assisted living than treatment. After a couple days, I decided to just view it as an elementary themed vacation; you can't be trusted with anything, follow the rules, go to your classes (groups), and do your childish paperwork. It became easy living once I got in that state of mind. Most of the patients were fairly normal. And yes, there were a couple crazies. The assisted living really applies to the elderly there, but they're assisted very poorly. I mean, mental illness or not, when a bedridden patient is yelling "Hospital, help, I'm dying!" for hours, CHECK ON HIM GOD DAMMIT! I talked with the guy when he was yelling and he understood me just fine, so why can't the nurses do that? Despite how bad this seems, I'm probably going to be back in there on my birthday. I got a doctor's appointment then and I can't stand living where I am. It's filthy and decisions that affect me are made without even talking to me. At least the psycho ward is clean.
Wow, that doesn't sound very effective. Good luck with surviving it, that's all I can really say. Maybe you'll slowly start to get better?
PoisonRabbit is dead, the EgotisticalRaven ate it.

Eli

• Tier 7
  • Det. Meddlesome
  • Current Mood: tired tired
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2016, 12:58:43 PM »
I'm officially at a loss for words.
Hopefully you will find a qualified psychiatrist.

EatingToastYay

• Tier 6
  • You are what you eat.
    • My DeviantArt
  • Current Mood: thoughtful thoughtful
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2016, 06:23:45 PM »
And I thought my town was bad. Hopefully you can find some actually qualified help... I kind of question the abilities of these doctors and other folks in your area. Maybe you should move to New England one day, there are some pretty good hospitals in Boston and we're decent leaders in research and technology.
Yo, just be careful out there. People vary widely in quality of character. Don't listen to the haters.

Abrom

• Tier 5
  • I came here for the free tears.
  • Current Mood: unmotivated unmotivated
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2016, 09:24:37 PM »
I'm officially at a loss for words.
Hopefully you will find a qualified psychiatrist.
I was seeing a psychiatrist while I was there. I would see him for 2 minutes a day, and that was just so he could verify what the nurse practitioner wanted to do. Even before I got into the psych ward, I was already seeing a nurse practitioner that was consulting with a psychiatrist, so the medication side of things was really the same as what I was already getting. I had given up on the idea that there exists a happy pill to make things better, but now I'm giving up on the idea that they'll ever give me a medication that'll even help at all. Now that I lost faith in medication, the placebo effect is gone, and apparently that's all they are :/
River: *Drops hacky sack*
River: "Can you throw this is as far as where Anya's at?"
John: "I can try."
John: "(Now I'll amaze her with my feat of strength.)"
John: *Throws hacky sack into ocean*
River: *Runs to cliff edge*
John: "River! Stop looking at my awesome throw and get away from that ledge!"
River: *Backs into John and silently sits down*
John: "(...Nailed it.)"

Eli

• Tier 7
  • Det. Meddlesome
  • Current Mood: tired tired
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2016, 04:12:35 PM »
Don't lose faith in medication, of course they are not all placebo ones.