Author Topic: Any programmers want to carbon copy this game for me?  (Read 3044 times)

Arayvenn

• Tier 1
Any programmers want to carbon copy this game for me?
« on: August 12, 2015, 05:43:20 PM »
Hey everyone. I'm trying to create a carbon copy of To The Moon, but stick in a proposal in the launch scene. This is my girlfriends absolute favourite game, I want her to play it on stream with my proposal snuck in, I can't think of a better way to propose. I could get all the art assets and do the mapping if anyone is willing to help write the events and game. I won't be selling it, it will only be given to my girlfriend for the proposal, but I will pay you assuming it's not illegal. Would appreciate any response!

Sun

• Tier 6
  • Person of personness
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: Any programmers want to carbon copy this game for me?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 04:25:18 PM »
Since there is no qualified reply yet, I'm putting my half-knowledge out here.
TtM was created using RPGMaker (no idea which version, but I'm guessing it's downward compatible). That software is affordable and allows for easy game creation. If you had RPGMaker, you could likely script the sequence yourself. The assets that come with it might be enough already.
You might not even need a carbon copy of the whole game, maybe it'd be enough to replace the map where Eva and Neil are standing on the bridge with version modified by you. I'm really guessing here since I never worked with my own version of RPGMaker that I bought in a Steam sale (it goes on sale at least twice a year). This is where you might need the help of Reives - I don't know whether you can just access, edit and swap out maps like that.

GingerCorslette

• Tier 5
  • No comment.
  • Current Mood: alright alright
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 09:27:25 PM »
Yes, you're gonna have to talk to Kan.  It's the easiest way, since he has the source files.

EgotisticalRaven

• Leeeeroy Jeeeeenkins!
  • Tier 7
  • ایگوتیستیکال ریون
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 01:55:31 AM »
Awww! That sounds so sweet! The best chance for this is by contacting Kan Gao.
PoisonRabbit is dead, the EgotisticalRaven ate it.

Thunderbird

• 雷の鳥
  • Tier 7
  • Flame Haze
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 08:35:00 AM »
Since there is no qualified reply yet, I'm putting my half-knowledge out here.
TtM was created using RPGMaker (no idea which version, but I'm guessing it's downward compatible). That software is affordable and allows for easy game creation. If you had RPGMaker, you could likely script the sequence yourself. The assets that come with it might be enough already.
You might not even need a carbon copy of the whole game, maybe it'd be enough to replace the map where Eva and Neil are standing on the bridge with version modified by you. I'm really guessing here since I never worked with my own version of RPGMaker that I bought in a Steam sale (it goes on sale at least twice a year). This is where you might need the help of Reives - I don't know whether you can just access, edit and swap out maps like that.

You are right, it's not necessary to make a new game from scratch, it would be possible to edit in scenes in the existing one. The game was created with RPG Maker XP, so you need to have this software in order to do that. You would also need the unencrypted game files (best way would be to get them from Kan).

« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 08:54:36 AM by Thunderbird »
Even if you are nothing more than a drop in a bucket...
Every drop leaves ripples.

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: playful playful
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2015, 12:47:55 PM »
Send me a PM if you don't hear back from Kan. I can modify the game files (through leet haxing) and send you a modified version of the game's RGSS Encrypted Archive (where all the actual game files are stored) that will contain your message where you want it. (and I don't think this would upset Kan, as the game would still have all the same DRM in place)