Poll

Are you interested in a new website design?

Yes!
9 (75%)
No!
3 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: New Website Design Proposal [POLL]  (Read 8284 times)

TheMysteryLynx

• Tier 2
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: New Website Design Proposal [POLL]
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2015, 01:47:31 AM »
UPDATE

1. Finished A Bird Story linked page
2. Finished To The Moon linked page
3. Finished the Webcomic page
4. Finished the 'Who?' page

Work in progress

1. The Mirror Lied linked page
2. The Quintessence linked page
3. The 'Do you remember my lullaby' linked page

Arwym (آرویم)

• Keeper of the Fantasy
  • Forum Technician
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: creative creative
  • Discord ID: Arwym#6091
  • Twitter: arwym
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2015, 06:52:16 PM »
Hello there,

Thank you for your interest.

A Web site re-design has been suggested a few times over the years, but Khan very much still likes the current design. I will eventually do this, but right now, I am focused on the forum upgrade. Probably by next year, we will have a brand new Web site. Believe me, I agree with you on this and I've been working on a few ideas myself.

I will surely keep all these suggestions in mind. Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 06:55:49 PM by Arwym »

[Please do not PM me for forum support, unless it is a private matter.]

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: playful playful
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2015, 07:07:26 PM »
Not trying to be mean, but honestly I think the website we have now looks better. Maybe it's just because I learned my (now retired) web development skills back at the beginning of web 2.0 (thus leading to a different design philosophy than is currently valued), but the design you've put together looks bare, generic, and a bit amaturish.

I will admit, our current website does need a bit of work. The design isn't responsive or particularly mobile friendly. But the main website especially has a lot of personality to it, and the color scheme really meshes with the mood of the games on the site. The forums already don't match the main site particularly well (sorry Arwym, I know you worked hard to make it match!),  but they at least look like they're part of the same website. If we switched to your proposed design, it'd feel like you were walking into a completely different part of the internet whenever you switched between the forums and the main site.

Again, I'm not trying to be mean. You've got some promise as a web developer, and if you actually enjoy web development, you have a leg up on most of the people working in the industry! I just don't think the generic squarespace layouts are a good fit for freebird.

TheMysteryLynx

• Tier 2
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2015, 04:07:33 PM »
Okay. I completely understand. It was just a small side project I wanted to work on and gradually make progress on it to eventually show to people, but I'll just stop development on it and leave it up to Arwym. Thanks for your opinions though!

Arwym (آرویم)

• Keeper of the Fantasy
  • Forum Technician
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: creative creative
  • Discord ID: Arwym#6091
  • Twitter: arwym
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2015, 11:55:15 PM »
I never really tried to make the forums match with the current Web site, but thanks. XD Khan has been doing some of the work around, actually. He changes the background and other graphics every once in a while.

And yes, like I said, I agree that the design is outdated, both technically and aesthetically. And, like I also said, next year will be a good time for a most-needed upgrade, and all of your input will be highly regarded. :)

TheMysteryLynx, it's always good to have that initiative, and I really, really appreciate it. :) Please, keep it up.

I wish I had more time to dedicate to this community, because you truly deserve it. I work as a Web developer full time, so it's a shame I can't put most of what I've learned in the last few years fully at work here, but it's intended.

Thanks, everyone!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 11:59:00 PM by Arwym »

[Please do not PM me for forum support, unless it is a private matter.]