Poll

Are you interested in a new website design?

Yes!
9 (75%)
No!
3 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: New Website Design Proposal [POLL]  (Read 8263 times)

TheMysteryLynx

• Tier 2
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: New Website Design Proposal [POLL]
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2015, 03:22:35 AM »
Oh, nevermind that, I see what you're saying. I completely missed what you said about having the picture being on two different sides. Unfortunately my options are limited. So it can only be

1. The picture fills the whole screen

OR

2. The picture fills the top screen

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
  • Current Mood: creative creative
  • Discord ID: DragonMage156#0211
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2015, 03:27:08 AM »
Hmm. Do you mean like this?
Yeah like that. Too bad it won't allow that :reivsweat: But that one before is fine too.

Akira

• Tier 5
  • Masih berpikir..........
  • Current Mood: tired tired
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2015, 04:04:54 AM »
Hmm. Do you mean like this?
Yeah like that. Too bad it won't allow that :reivsweat: But that one before is fine too.
I would like the picture fills the screen because the website looks live, but i agree with Dragon Mage.
And your concept is great.  :)

TheMysteryLynx

• Tier 2
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2015, 12:11:11 PM »
There is only one problem to having the picture fill the whole screen. You see, everytime you insert items or objects into the page, the page gets longer. But so does the picture. and the bigger the picture means less resolution. The only way to really slow it down would be to make the background blurry, but sooner or later when Reives makes more games or wants to add more stuff to the website, things will get very complicated. I'm planning ahead for the future of the website, so I think its best if we have the picture at the top of the page and a brownish-blackish background for the rest of the way down. Imo, it still looks good, but if enough people really like the first option, then I will try to find a way to make it work. But thanks for your opinion Akira!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 02:17:03 PM by TheMysteryLynx »

TheMysteryLynx

• Tier 2
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2015, 12:24:59 PM »
And for the time being, I can't have the image look like the picture on the forum, which is static, while the rest of the page moves because I don't have options available to me right now.

Erenussocrates

• Tier 5
  • Broke Reives' laptop :P
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2015, 02:05:50 PM »
@TheMysteryLynx, I think it looks very good when the picture fills the whole page. I loved that screenie.  It looks really good.
But if it has to be at the top of the page like you said (though I cannot imagine how it would be like in my head) then so be it too. Anything with a picture looks better than just plain pitchblack I think, heh.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 02:07:52 PM by Erenussocrates »
Videogame developers are not gods that anyone should worship. I hereby decide that is my top existential reason to prove that horrible, horrible misconception, because that is becoming annoyingly rampant in every corner of the internet.  They can deserve critism, or thrashing even. It doesn't even need to be constructive critism. And even if you are a free game developer doesn't mean community is your personal ego farm.

TheMysteryLynx

• Tier 2
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2015, 02:58:31 PM »
[IMPORANT MESSAGE]

If you would like to contribute to this project, such as editing pages/giving feedback etc, please message me. I will give you privileges to access the website, so you can give direct feedback.

TheMysteryLynx

• Tier 2
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2015, 12:26:52 AM »
I've finished the blog. yay! I've also updated imgur, so you can see the new pictures from there.
Heres the link: http://imgur.com/gallery/7Ae6Y/new

Pictures here:
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 01:26:20 PM by TheMysteryLynx »

TheMysteryLynx

• Tier 2
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2015, 12:41:53 AM »
Right now, I'm going to work on finishing the tabs. Then, I will work on the links, re-directing stuff to the new website, blah blah blah. And then when I'm finished with that, I will work on the finishing touches; like experimenting on putting stuff on the sides of the website for easier navigation etc, etc.

TheMysteryLynx

• Tier 2
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2015, 12:47:48 AM »
Also, I've changed the navigation bar.

Erenussocrates

• Tier 5
  • Broke Reives' laptop :P
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2015, 03:04:37 AM »
I've finished the blog. yay! I've also updated imgur, so you can see the new pictures from there.
Heres the link: http://imgur.com/a/zBCIT

Pictures here:

Ugghhh I don't know why, but the pitchblack and blank sides look creepy for Freebirdgames, to me. Maybe it's just me lol.
Videogame developers are not gods that anyone should worship. I hereby decide that is my top existential reason to prove that horrible, horrible misconception, because that is becoming annoyingly rampant in every corner of the internet.  They can deserve critism, or thrashing even. It doesn't even need to be constructive critism. And even if you are a free game developer doesn't mean community is your personal ego farm.

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2015, 03:45:40 AM »
Well the best thing I can thing of is having a static image in the background and sides (like the forums) but she's very limited with what she has and she can't figure out how to do that. Maybe if we can get in touch with Arwym, we can see if we can do that.

TheMysteryLynx

• Tier 2
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2015, 01:18:00 PM »
Well the best thing I can thing of is having a static image in the background and sides (like the forums) but she's very limited with what she has and she can't figure out how to do that. Maybe if we can get in touch with Arwym, we can see if we can do that.

he*

Ugghhh I don't know why, but the pitchblack and blank sides look creepy for Freebirdgames, to me. Maybe it's just me lol.

I think you might need to see the website for itself instead of some pictures. With pictures, you are a little limited to what you see. The website is actually dark brown, and not black. BUT, I'll see if I can find a way somehow to have a static image. this is so difficult lol

EgotisticalRaven

• Leeeeroy Jeeeeenkins!
  • Tier 7
  • ایگوتیستیکال ریون
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2015, 09:07:32 PM »
Heres the link: http://imgur.com/a/zBCIT

Pictures here:

Not the first time Freebird's games have been mistaken for horror games.... (funny room and Leah)
PoisonRabbit is dead, the EgotisticalRaven ate it.

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2015, 11:40:07 PM »
You called?... Oh that Leah :P