Author Topic: [RESOLVED] XP Imported Tileset Issue  (Read 3931 times)

TheFlyingMarlin

• Tier 5
  • Current Mood: unmotivated unmotivated
[RESOLVED] XP Imported Tileset Issue
« on: April 21, 2015, 03:00:52 PM »
I recently started using RPG Maker XP. I've had it since June, but haven't really used it. The aesthetics of XP are way better than those in VX Ace (the other RM I have). However, there's one issue that's really impeding my progress. Whenever I use an imported tileset (this does not happen with the default RTP), the character just walks over almost all of the tiles, not just the "O" passable tiles. I've tried to match the tiles with their RTP equivalents in terms of passability, 4-way passability, and priority. How can I fix this?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 04:23:20 PM by The Flying Marlin »

Thunderbird

• 雷の鳥
  • Tier 7
  • Flame Haze
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: XP Imported Tileset Issue
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 03:23:34 PM »
Hm..imported tilesets are no different from the regular ones. If you set a tile to nonpassable it should work, unless there is a passable tile in a layer above it. My guess is that you used an random empty tile to delete stuff from your map. The problem is, that this isn't deleting, it's replacing it with an invisible passable tile. Always use the upper left tile to delete stuff.
Even if you are nothing more than a drop in a bucket...
Every drop leaves ripples.

TheFlyingMarlin

• Tier 5
  • Current Mood: unmotivated unmotivated
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 03:40:51 PM »
Hm..imported tilesets are no different from the regular ones. If you set a tile to nonpassable it should work, unless there is a passable tile in a layer above it. My guess is that you used an random empty tile to delete stuff from your map. The problem is, that this isn't deleting, it's replacing it with an invisible passable tile. Always use the upper left tile to delete stuff.

So do I have to use a different blank tile (one that is impassable) over all impassable tiles on layers 1-2?

Thunderbird

• 雷の鳥
  • Tier 7
  • Flame Haze
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 03:49:21 PM »
So do I have to use a different blank tile (one that is impassable) over all impassable tiles on layers 1-2?

If you use the blank tile in the upper left, it's actual deletion. So your tier 1-2 layer passability counts.

Btw: You can use impassable invisible tiles to fix stuff, but I prefer to use invisible tiles for passability only in the end of the mapping process though.It's a real pain to map with them (if you want to change anything, you might not remember where the unpassable and passable invisible tiles are)

« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 03:51:15 PM by Thunderbird »
Even if you are nothing more than a drop in a bucket...
Every drop leaves ripples.