Author Topic: A Bird's Theory.  (Read 3002 times)

Squirtle

• Tier 1
A Bird's Theory.
« on: February 25, 2015, 08:54:47 PM »
Alright, so I literally just got through with A Bird's Story. now this is a theory so I will not waste your time with my personal opinion of the game. (I totally did not cry at the end or anything. I'm a man..... a big strong man..... I swear!) The main character of A bird's story ~insert boy name here~ is going to be the patient dyeing of old age or whatever old people die by. While playing the game it was obvious that the child's memories are covered in pretend. well here is the theory for you. That bird you see in A Bird's Story? yea, it's not real. ~insert shock sound effect here~ why on earth would I give that assumption? well I'll tell you. I remember seeing somewhere by the director of the game that this childhood memory would not been shown in Finding Paradise..... well considering the last time that are Sigmund friends tried to skip a part of a memory the machine would not work correctly. In my book, this is a huge memory that had a huge impact on this kid we see. so why would this memory not be shown? because the device that our Sigmund friends use is used to go into memories, get to the bottom of them, and say a few sloppy puns that make you realize that the Sigmund corp is just used as comic relief to sidetrack us from whats happening. we are witnessing someones entire life while they die. what do I think the boy from ABS wish is? I think that he wants either one of two things. to become a aviator, or to find a life long friend that he never had as a child....or even both. because the child never had friends, he pretended to have a bird as a best friend. hey, but that's just a theory.... A Bird's Theory.  ;)

Gogobrasil8

• Tier 3
  • Current Mood: cheerful cheerful
Re: A Bird's Theory.
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 08:07:12 AM »
Now, almost 10 months later, i come with a reply...
The theory that the bird is a girl makes a lot of sense (mainly because of the ending), and i can see where you were going with the ~real memories~ thing. Maybe they change his mind so the pain isnt that great and what we see are his memories after they modify em..... IDK
Lunair >> all

To the Moon - Finished
Do you remember my lullaby? - Finished
The Mirror Lied - Finished
Quintessence - Finished (Sorta, of course.)
A Bird`s Story - Finished

:plat:<- I love This Smiley

Twitter: @gogobrasil8_br

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
  • Current Mood: creative creative
  • Discord ID: DragonMage156#0211
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 02:13:30 PM »
How did I miss this thread?! :o Or not even reply? :reivsweat: anyway, this theory seems pretty legit. Kinda similar to Abrom's theory on the game.

Sun

• Tier 6
  • Person of personness
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 02:22:59 PM »
Hmm, same here. I didn't notice this thread when it was made.
The bird doesn't have to be imaginary to not feature in the next game. After all, in Johnny's childhood, there also were many more events than those we've seen (we didn't experience the years between his birth and the carnival, or after Joey's death and highschool). But I'd bet there will be some kind of nod to the bird during Finding Paradise. ;)

Abrom

• Tier 5
  • I came here for the free tears.
  • Current Mood: unmotivated unmotivated
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2015, 08:41:19 AM »
This guy beat me to it? Damn!
River: *Drops hacky sack*
River: "Can you throw this is as far as where Anya's at?"
John: "I can try."
John: "(Now I'll amaze her with my feat of strength.)"
John: *Throws hacky sack into ocean*