Poll

You're a/an...?

Christian
Muslim
Jew
Atheist
Agnostic/unsure

Author Topic: Religion.  (Read 10195 times)

Abrom

• Tier 5
  • I came here for the free tears.
  • Current Mood: unmotivated unmotivated
Re: Religion.
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2015, 10:01:16 AM »
Meanwhile Kyo, here's an another footage from an average religion discussion x'D

https://youtu.be/XRPW5bB3GCI?t=30s
Can anyone translate what was actually being said in the video to make the guy react that way?
River: *Drops hacky sack*
River: "Can you throw this is as far as where Anya's at?"
John: "I can try."
John: "(Now I'll amaze her with my feat of strength.)"
John: *Throws hacky sack into ocean*
River: *Runs to cliff edge*
John: "River! Stop looking at my awesome throw and get away from that ledge!"
River: *Backs into John and silently sits down*
John: "(...Nailed it.)"

Sun

• Tier 6
  • Person of personness
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2015, 11:51:55 AM »
Meanwhile Kyo, here's an another footage from an average religion discussion x'D

https://youtu.be/XRPW5bB3GCI?t=30s
Can anyone translate what was actually being said in the video to make the guy react that way?

One of the commenters under that video said this:
"Mr. Sabri said ''i can fly , i have witness '' . But they did not believe to him.And one of the other guests started to telling and story about a liar.But Mr. Sabri started to shouting and rolling over.I could'nt understand what did he call.
After the presenter banished him kindly."

Erenussocrates

• Tier 5
  • Broke Reives' laptop :P
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2015, 04:29:04 PM »
Yeah, pretty much like that. The guy is a madman and the show program sought to exploit that most probably :P And he shouts "allah" while attempting to "fly"

Edit: The text bar on the video says:"Mr. Sabri:'I levitated, I have witness!' "
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 04:31:01 PM by Erenussocrates »
Videogame developers are not gods that anyone should worship. I hereby decide that is my top existential reason to prove that horrible, horrible misconception, because that is becoming annoyingly rampant in every corner of the internet.  They can deserve critism, or thrashing even. It doesn't even need to be constructive critism. And even if you are a free game developer doesn't mean community is your personal ego farm.

lepton

• Tier 2
  • Current Mood: blank blank
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2015, 08:04:02 PM »
Theistic agnostic here.  So I guess I do believe in a god but have drifted from my Christian upbringing.  You can find the divine more easily in the arts and stories than moral systems (which evolutionary group selection can explain).  I think if when I looked inside of myself I didn't see only grey/darkness and hear tinnitus, I'd be drawn to Quakerism.  They were centuries ahead of everybody else on the abolition of slavery and decades ahead of them on gay rights.

But I've made a game out of my agnosticism, writing questions nobody will or can answer.  It passes the time.
The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things.
- Rainer Maria