Poll

You're a/an...?

Christian
Muslim
Jew
Atheist
Agnostic/unsure

Author Topic: Religion.  (Read 10891 times)

Kyo

• no title at all
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: evil evil
Re: Religion.
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2015, 02:34:26 PM »
Kyo:
yeah, it's not like islam is particurarly evil. All religions are.
Today at 06:04:27 AM
Eh, I don't really want to talk about religion (I've already been lapidated twice this week and it's only Thursday) but this needs some clarifying. It was an oversimplification and technically a joke as pretty much everything I say.

The idea behind religions is pretty nice: they generally tell people to be good, help and love "thy neighbour" and so on. Unfortunately, religious people tend to fight for their religions while not understanding them. Or claim to Believe and don't even try to be good as their god tells them to be.

I can summarise this by quoting a Polish marshal, one of our great National Heroes. Just swap "nation" with "religion" and "people" with "followers". He said this about Poland. And yes, it's a genuine quote, translated literally by me.

[Warning: explicit language.]

Spoiler: show

"Beautiful nation, but its people are whores." - Józef Piłsudski

Erenussocrates

• Tier 5
  • Broke Reives' laptop :P
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2015, 12:59:13 PM »
Atheist it is, for me.

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, I knew that this place was a home for me :3 >wwwwwwwwwwww<
Videogame developers are not gods that anyone should worship. I hereby decide that is my top existential reason to prove that horrible, horrible misconception, because that is becoming annoyingly rampant in every corner of the internet.  They can deserve critism, or thrashing even. It doesn't even need to be constructive critism. And even if you are a free game developer doesn't mean community is your personal ego farm.

Sun

• Tier 6
  • Person of personness
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2015, 01:27:23 PM »
Atheist it is, for me.

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, I knew that this place was a home for me :3 >wwwwwwwwwwww<

Ummm. Not everyone here is an Atheist. Like, I'm a Christian.

Edit: And I also think discussing religion here has the potential for lots of trouble, so ... :S
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 01:46:30 PM by Sun »

Erenussocrates

• Tier 5
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2015, 02:56:52 PM »
I know everyone don't have to be atheist, but I'm speaking accordingly to the poll results >x3 That's why I said it is my home lol
Videogame developers are not gods that anyone should worship. I hereby decide that is my top existential reason to prove that horrible, horrible misconception, because that is becoming annoyingly rampant in every corner of the internet.  They can deserve critism, or thrashing even. It doesn't even need to be constructive critism. And even if you are a free game developer doesn't mean community is your personal ego farm.

Sun

• Tier 6
  • Person of personness
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2015, 03:33:31 PM »
Ahh, I see. When I read that line, I felt so excluded :D

Abrom

• Tier 5
  • I came here for the free tears.
  • Current Mood: unmotivated unmotivated
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2015, 05:06:25 PM »
Ahh, I see. When I read that line, I felt so excluded :D
JOIN US
River: *Drops hacky sack*
River: "Can you throw this is as far as where Anya's at?"
John: "I can try."
John: "(Now I'll amaze her with my feat of strength.)"
John: *Throws hacky sack into ocean*
River: *Runs to cliff edge*
John: "River! Stop looking at my awesome throw and get away from that ledge!"
River: *Backs into John and silently sits down*
John: "(...Nailed it.)"

Erenussocrates

• Tier 5
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2015, 09:09:35 PM »
Naahh, don't do that abrom, lol

Kyo

• no title at all
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: evil evil
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2015, 03:43:15 AM »
Here's some footage from an average discussion about religion:

Kingsman - Church Scene HD

Erenussocrates

• Tier 5
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2015, 06:26:31 AM »
Looks as lovely as console discussions <3

GingerCorslette

• Tier 5
  • No comment.
  • Current Mood: alright alright
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2015, 10:24:57 AM »
Hahah, "Freebird" playing in the background!

Abrom

• Tier 5
  • I came here for the free tears.
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2015, 01:41:36 PM »
Hahah, "Freebird" playing in the background!
Holy shit, you're right!
River: *Drops hacky sack*
River: "Can you throw this is as far as where Anya's at?"
John: "I can try."
John: "(Now I'll amaze her with my feat of strength.)"
John: *Throws hacky sack into ocean*
River: *Runs to cliff edge*
John: "River! Stop looking at my awesome throw and get away from that ledge!"
River: *Backs into John and silently sits down*
John: "(...Nailed it.)"

Erenussocrates

• Tier 5
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2015, 06:20:33 PM »
Guitar solo of freebird is awfully repetitive. So is some of the music of freebirdgames (To The Moon and A Bird Story main themes). Mind=blown, universe implodes, illuminati confirmed.

TheFlyingMarlin

• Tier 5
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2015, 06:54:35 PM »
Guitar solo of freebird is awfully repetitive. So is some of the music of freebirdgames (To The Moon and A Bird Story main themes). Mind=blown, universe implodes, illuminati confirmed.

I wouldn't say that the TTM and ABS music is awfully repetitive. Yes, much of it is the same main theme, but altered in a way that fits the story. Repetition isn't always a bad thing, and I feel like Reives is good at showing that.

And as for the topic of this thread, I identify as a Christian, but I feel like many people are bastardizing the teachings of Christ by judging others and being too self-centered, much like how ISIS and other groups are bastardizing Islam. My views are constantly evolving and changing every day, and looking back, there are times where I was agnostic, even though I didn't really acknowledge it. However, I try my best not to identify people and judge them based on their religious views.

Erenussocrates

• Tier 5
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2015, 10:46:14 PM »

I wouldn't say that the TTM and ABS music is awfully repetitive. Yes, much of it is the same main theme, but altered in a way that fits the story. Repetition isn't always a bad thing, and I feel like Reives is good at showing that.

I didn't say it was bad anyways :P Music of TTM and ABS are brilliant, that repetitiveness is something that I can tolerate, it gives them their flavor I guess. But on the other hand I don't like Freebird's solo though.

Erenussocrates

• Tier 5
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2015, 09:39:37 AM »
Here's some footage from an average discussion about religion:

Kingsman - Church Scene HD

Meanwhile Kyo, here's an another footage from an average religion discussion x'D

https://youtu.be/XRPW5bB3GCI?t=30s