Author Topic: New User  (Read 5580 times)

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
  • Current Mood: creative creative
  • Discord ID: DragonMage156#0211
Re: New User
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2014, 03:49:06 AM »
I am still your friend, Dragon Mage (Even if you are a bot) :)
But when I check it again, you're not one of my buddy list yet,
Do I have to add you up now ??? :)
I don't even use my buddy list, what is it exactly? A list of your best friends on freebird?

EgotisticalRaven

• Leeeeroy Jeeeeenkins!
  • Tier 7
  • ایگوتیستیکال ریون
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2014, 04:13:05 AM »
I am still your friend, Dragon Mage (Even if you are a bot) :)
But when I check it again, you're not one of my buddy list yet,
Do I have to add you up now ??? :)
I don't even use my buddy list, what is it exactly? A list of your best friends on freebird?
You can buddy people by going to their profile and clicking, "Add to buddy list". It is not that helpful, mainly because this is a small forum and mostly inactive, but it does have a few uses. One is (if you look at the bottom on the forum homepage at who's online) it will tell you how many of your buddies are online. Another is if you go to your profile, you can check your buddy list, so you can keep track of users.
PoisonRabbit is dead, the EgotisticalRaven ate it.

Eli

• Tier 7
  • Det. Meddlesome
  • Current Mood: tired tired
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2014, 08:04:01 AM »
What's the purpose of a bot that only introduces itselt? No spam, no ad links. Strange creatures, they seem to become more and more social.

I suppose these kinds of accounts eventually add signatures with ads to their profiles, spam their own wall/profile, maybe even edit their posts a few weeks/months later.

Maybe someone has said this before in the history of the internet, but "Hello, I am new." has also been said before, so anyone who says "Hello, I am new." is a bot?

https://www.google.com.au/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=f-prVNG7MMiN8Qfl44Ao&gws_rd=ssl#q=%22Hello+I+am+New%22

My dear EgotisticalRaven, I may have disappointed you in the past by not being as dead as expected, but you can count on my detective skills.
What struck me as odd at first was the username, webanalyst.
Then I saw this:
I would like to share the some ideas.

So I copied the whole post to Google, and saw that someone used the exact same topic title, same username and same mistake (the some) in another forum back in September:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:FyVCGh5JCjsJ:www.blackhatteam.com/f106/new-user-105865.html+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=safari
(In case Google removes it from its cache, you can view it here:
http://w01.freezepage.com/a/14164/01236HLIYKCGFPX/0 )

And for some reason, that forum has removed that post since then, and has banned the user:
http://www.blackhatteam.com/members/webanalyst/

I guess that's because that user has been used for spamming purposes, but that's only my guess.

Unimaginative Username

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2014, 08:24:09 AM »
This is like the end of an episode of Agatha Christie's Poirot where he explains how he knew someone was guilty. I like it.

Dev J Chand

• Tier 5
  • Wacky Cynic
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2014, 10:11:17 AM »
Ali helped in tracking down that Chinese named person too. He should get the "Freebird Detective" award.

Kyo

• no title at all
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: evil evil
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2014, 10:43:56 AM »
Freebirdia - where a bot's introduction thread gets more replies than real person's.

Eli

• Tier 7
  • Det. Meddlesome
  • Current Mood: tired tired
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2014, 05:23:53 PM »
This is like the end of an episode of Agatha Christie's Poirot where he explains how he knew someone was guilty. I like it.
Exactement!
Well, "My dear EgotisticalRaven" was inspired by Sherlock Holmes's "My dear Watson", but I like Poirot too. :P

Ali helped in tracking down that Chinese named person too. He should get the "Freebird Detective" award.
Thanks Dev! But to be fair, only Kyo can be credited for that (and I believe that username was Japanese).

Freebirdia - where a bot's introduction thread gets more replies than real person's.
So my fellow detective agrees that OP is a bot.
(I used yet another of my numerous skills to bring the attention back to... my skills!)