Author Topic: A Bird Story OST - Mud Dash - for the piano (with sheets :) )  (Read 10738 times)

MeIsaran

• Tier 2
A Bird Story OST - Mud Dash - for the piano (with sheets :) )
« on: November 15, 2014, 01:57:03 PM »
Love the music of A Bird Story, so I transcribed one of the pieces :)
https://youtu.be/rJUlkdoWRUY?list=PLWxFjhQ_MEQgbluOR4tr4IP-w0s9AsswP

Music sheets played: https://youtu.be/bPgQxwkipgI?list=PLWxFjhQ_MEQh2zyIsTw3CThVQmmn1Lxa_

(downloads for everything in the description :) )
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 05:40:02 PM by MeIsaran »

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
  • Current Mood: creative creative
  • Discord ID: DragonMage156#0211
Re: A Bird Story OST - Mud Dash - for the piano (with sheets :) )
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 04:41:16 PM »
That's really helpful, thank you! :)

MeIsaran

• Tier 2
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 10:08:28 AM »
That's really helpful, thank you! :)

I am glad you could use it ^_^

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
  • Discord ID: DragonMage156#0211
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 04:25:04 PM »
I can't actually read sheet music but the synthesia tutorial is helpful. Once I learn piano better I'll use it :)

EgotisticalRaven

• Leeeeroy Jeeeeenkins!
  • Tier 7
  • ایگوتیستیکال ریون
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2014, 07:16:43 PM »
Hey, thanks, I was really hoping for some sheet music for ABS. I, unlike Dragon Mage, can read sheet music.
PoisonRabbit is dead, the EgotisticalRaven ate it.

MeIsaran

• Tier 2
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2014, 05:03:32 AM »
I can't actually read sheet music but the synthesia tutorial is helpful. Once I learn piano better I'll use it :)
I am glad you can use it ^_^

Hey, thanks, I was really hoping for some sheet music for ABS. I, unlike Dragon Mage, can read sheet music.

I will do more of A Bird Story, but I currently don't have a lot of time, so I am doing the short ones first, as I would do those too anyways. However, vacation and more free time is coming up in a couple of weeks, so I might get to it then.
(It really just depends on which kind of music I feel like playing ^_^ )

Roxaszu

• Tier 7
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2014, 08:02:42 AM »
I like the first one,
I can't read music sheet too, But I can simply understand and can play with the one with the piano :)
Thx, MeIsaran :)

MeIsaran

• Tier 2
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2014, 11:39:06 AM »
I like the first one,
I can't read music sheet too, But I can simply understand and can play with the one with the piano :)

I know a lot of people that play that way. I learned to read sheets so I can bring them anywhere and don't have to learn all my songs by heart. But with synthesia and stuff, being able to read sheets isn't that big of a necessity anymore ^_^

Roxaszu

• Tier 7
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2014, 10:29:14 PM »
I like the first one,

I know a lot of people that play that way. I learned to read sheets so I can bring them anywhere and don't have to learn all my songs by heart. But with synthesia and stuff, being able to read sheets isn't that big of a necessity anymore ^_^

I think you're pretty good,
Do you have any plan to make your own music ?

MeIsaran

• Tier 2
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2014, 10:38:48 AM »
-snip-
-snip-

I think you're pretty good,
Do you have any plan to make your own music ?
Actually, I already did make my own music :D
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhW5QbvDv84qKgzvMxBRTvsKJou-WzGmD

Do note that I have this channel together with my brother, so not all of it is mine.
my tracks are: Hybrid Fun in Space, Harmonic Discord, Got The Music in You, snowman's emotions and gravity falls intro theme.
The other tracks are my brothers. I do have a lot more music in the making, but it takes really long with me to finish them. I am currently making the background music for a 4 min shortfilm of my brother though, so that should be quite cool. Although it will not be that great, as I only have had 4 days to make it :p

Roxaszu

• Tier 7
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2014, 12:33:48 PM »
Ahhh,
Yes, I like some of your (and your brother's music) (In fact, I'm hearing them right now) :)
I like that you aren't just playing the music, but also playing with the animation ;D

Great work,
Keep it up! ;D

Note :
I like Castle Of Darkness and Light, Hybrid Fun in Space, Unstoppable Castle, and Gravity Falls,
You make the Gravity Falls intro sounds even better than the original one, I think ;)

MeIsaran

• Tier 2
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2014, 01:52:57 PM »
Yeah, I decided that if I put a lot of effort in the music, the least I can do is accompany it with a cool video. :)
I also do this with my piano tutorials. The backgrounds and nice editing makes it enjoyable too for the people who don't want to learn it, but just watch it :)

I too like both the castle themes. Hybrid fun in Space was the first song I made, and I really like it a lot. It has so many layers of instruments and sounds that fit well together. I'm actually surprised of how good it is.

I actually got quite some "negative" feedback on the gravity falls theme. All of it was true, there are definitely some aspects that I should change about it, but most of it was deliberate. If I 'cover' an existing song, the least I want to do is make it something of myself, and not just a cover :)

WaffelPig

• Tier 2
  • Current Mood: cheerful cheerful
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2014, 10:20:51 PM »
Nice work! I'm probably gonna post me and my teacher's transcription of Thunder Chase soon. I was thinking of putting the scene on the game in the video and have me playing in the corner, but Fraps wouldn't record for me. Then I came here and saw we had almost the same idea, lol. Also, good job with the accuracy. My version of Thunder Chase is no where near as accurate. :) Good luck in the future with your transcriptions!

MeIsaran

• Tier 2
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2014, 04:50:37 AM »
Nice work! I'm probably gonna post me and my teacher's transcription of Thunder Chase soon. I was thinking of putting the scene on the game in the video and have me playing in the corner, but Fraps wouldn't record for me. Then I came here and saw we had almost the same idea, lol. Also, good job with the accuracy. My version of Thunder Chase is no where near as accurate. :) Good luck in the future with your transcriptions!

I love thunder chase! I actually wanted to do that first, but I didn't have enough time and it is quite above my level. Transcribing it with just the sound would have taken ages to figure out precisely what that dang left hand is doing. (I kind of figured out it somewhat, but far from what it actually is).
I might make a "more accurate" transcription sometime later, if yours really isn't that accurate.
Looking forward to your version!

WaffelPig

• Tier 2
  • Current Mood: cheerful cheerful
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2014, 11:20:48 PM »

I love thunder chase! I actually wanted to do that first, but I didn't have enough time and it is quite above my level. Transcribing it with just the sound would have taken ages to figure out precisely what that dang left hand is doing. (I kind of figured out it somewhat, but far from what it actually is).
I might make a "more accurate" transcription sometime later, if yours really isn't that accurate.
Looking forward to your version!
Yeah, for the left hand I just put in some octaves to go along with it, lol.
Edit : The song is in G flat minor, btw, and for the last part the notes in octaves are : A G# E C#, G# E B G#, A G# E B A G# F# if I remember correctly. Putting some of the stuff here to help you because I might have trouble turning them into a sheet music download. Probably won't be too hard though
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 11:25:38 PM by WaffelPig »