Author Topic: OFFICIAL FREEBIRDIA 2014 SECRET SANTA!!!! SIGN UPS CLOSED!  (Read 13591 times)

Judedeath

• ~Insert Japanese things here~
  • Tier 7
  • JOHN-PEE-AIR!
  • Current Mood: happy happy
OFFICIAL FREEBIRDIA 2014 SECRET SANTA!!!! SIGN UPS CLOSED!
« on: November 08, 2014, 11:45:45 PM »
:pegasled: :pegasled: :pegasled: :pegasled:So Christmas is coming, and in the lands of Freebirdia that means one thing!

SECRET SANTA

So I'm sure you're all curious about how this will work, and I'll tell you.

For those not familiar with what Secret Santa is, it's where a bunch of people throw their names into a hat and then draw those names to find out who they're giving a gift to secretly.

How this translates to Freebirdia is that everyone signs up, and I tell everyone who they're giving the gift to, the gift is then made and sent back to me, and I then send it to the intended person/post it in the secret santa thread depending on preference of the sendee. This is to let the fun part of this happen, THE GUESSING! You get to guess who sent you your present!

Now the gifts can be anything, a picture, a song, a story, just remember to try and customize it a bit for the intended recipient if possible, for example if you're writing a story or something make it have something to do with either them, or something they like. You don't need to be a super story teller or artist or anything, just knowing you made the present for them and it's meaningful is what matters.
 (Last years present thread can be found here for your perusal. http://freebirdgames.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170.0 And remember if all else fails, make a scavenger hunt. If you really want you can buy something for someone, but it is encouraged that you make something.

All you need to do to sign up is post in this thread, THAT'S RIGHT! POST IN THIS THREAD

The only rules/limitations are you must have been a member for over 2 months from the sign-up date or you must have more than 50 non-spam posts(I am the lord of the Secret Santa and reserve the right to overrule these rules at anytime HAHAHAHAHAHAHA)

In that post, post what you would like to receive(maybe just what is a show you are into or something like that) and what kind of gift are you capable of making(be creative, whatever you can do.)

I will be leaving sign-ups open until the end of November probably, but please if you do sign-up be sure to submit your gift on time or your person will be left gift-less when they spent their time making someone else something, and that just isn't fair.  -cuss-

I do understand the holiday season is a busy time for everyone and to make sure everyone has as much time as possible I will be setting the Gift Deadline as midnight Mountain Time December 19th http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_Time_Zone to allow everyone that last weekend to make all their gifts perfect!

NOVEMBER 28th

GIFT DEADLINE:
December 19th

EDIT: If you have any questions about the secret santa feel free to post in the thread or PM me.

:pegasled: :pegasled: :pegasled: :pegasled:
Reives
Pep
Roxaszu
EgotisticalRaven
Tumbles
Sun
JustLance
legacyblade
Kirroha
UNICORN!
Star-San
Super Wyndfal
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 07:26:00 PM by Judedeath »
Old River was as dead as a doornail, this must be distinctly understood or nothing wonderful can come of the story I am about to relate.

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
Re: OFFICIAL FREEBIRDIA 2014 SECRET SANTA!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 12:21:33 AM »
Whoot, thanks for organizing, Jude! I'm up for joining. :) Anything is fine as far as receiving gifts go, and for giving, I could do music, maybe a bit of artwork/pixelart, and stuff in between.

Pep

• Tier 2
  • Pickled olives!
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 02:15:13 AM »
I'll join! I can draw and write, and I would like an art or a fanfiction. :Evapple:

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
  • Current Mood: creative creative
  • Discord ID: DragonMage156#0211
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 03:05:18 AM »
I would join but how do I know what to do . . . and for whom? Well I can draw and write (not very well but I can still do it). Don't write my name down yet, I'm still unsure about this and this is my first Secret Santa here after all. I'm mostly worried about not finishing my project for whoever . . . I get unmotivated easily :facepalm:

Roxaszu

• Tier 7
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2014, 03:10:20 AM »
This Looks Awesome,
I'm in.

I can Design, re-edit your picture, Photoshop your picture, making story or short story game with RPG Maker or maybe playing with pixel art pictures, that could be fun :)

EgotisticalRaven

• Leeeeroy Jeeeeenkins!
  • Tier 7
  • ایگوتیستیکال ریون
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2014, 03:31:32 AM »
I have never done one of these, but they always look like fun.....

I don't really care what someone sends me, as long as it is in good taste.  ;)
I can write stories, draw pictures, write poems or even write a piano piece.
PoisonRabbit is dead, the EgotisticalRaven ate it.

Tumbles

• 海が私の心です。
  • Tier 7
  • I am who I am, but not yet.
    • Big Palooka
  • Current Mood: cheerful cheerful
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2014, 05:15:32 AM »
Sign me up. The Tizzle is in the hizzle.

I can make whatever! Art, stories, little games (this is my usual thing), weird photoshop stuff, you name it. I'm the best at everything (except that).

I'm happy to receive anything, but please, try to keep it under $100. Lolrofl, but seriously, anything is good. :seraismile: Surprise me.

And Jude, if anyone drops out, let me know. I'd be happy to make some backup stuff.

Spoiler: show

~

Sun

• Tier 6
  • Person of personness
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2014, 08:02:15 AM »
Signing up. But you need to send me the secret files on the users here (come on, no use denying they exist) so I know the details on whoever I get. Deal?

Roxaszu

• Tier 7
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2014, 08:20:39 AM »
I'm happy to receive anything, but please, try to keep it under $100. Lolrofl, but seriously, anything is good. :seraismile: Surprise me.

So,
If I give you a horror picture that suddenly come out , and then come out from your Monitor, Will that surprise you ??? (It's called 3D art nowadays btw):P

@ Judedeath : So, When Will we know who will we send to ?

Judedeath

• ~Insert Japanese things here~
  • Tier 7
  • JOHN-PEE-AIR!
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2014, 02:43:11 PM »
I would join but how do I know what to do . . . and for whom? Well I can draw and write (not very well but I can still do it). Don't write my name down yet, I'm still unsure about this and this is my first Secret Santa here after all. I'm mostly worried about not finishing my project for whoever . . . I get unmotivated easily :facepalm:

I tell everyone who they are gifting to at the end of november whenever I decide to close sign-ups. You decided based on who you get.

In terms of being unmotivated you'll have about 3 weeks to get the gift ready and if really pressed for time, make a stick figure comic or something.
Old River was as dead as a doornail, this must be distinctly understood or nothing wonderful can come of the story I am about to relate.

Just Lance

• 狼と冒険家
  • Tier 7
  • Commodore of Freebirdia Orbital Defense Fleet
  • Current Mood: perverse perverse
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2014, 04:56:01 PM »
Sign me up.
Also  Orbital BomBANment Canon (OBBC) is ready. :)
"God, it's so hard to be a smartass nowadays." Dr. Neil Watts (To the Moon)

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
  • Discord ID: DragonMage156#0211
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2014, 05:22:06 PM »
Well for a first year here doing something simple wouldn't hurt anyone so . . .
:pegasled: Sign me up! :pegasled:

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: playful playful
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2014, 11:13:57 AM »
I've always wanted to do this, but always forget to sign up!

So please sign me up :3 I'll prolly do something pixely.

Kirroha

• 僕はとてもきれいな人だよ!
  • Tier 7
  • ... or so I heard.
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2014, 06:46:03 PM »
I'll join! I can write and I can draw! :)

WaffelPig

• Tier 2
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2014, 11:06:42 AM »
Sign me up ^_^