Author Topic: Finding Paradise pre-theories  (Read 46896 times)

Double A

• Tier 6
  • Double double
  • Current Mood: tired tired
Re: Finding Paradise pre-theories
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2015, 06:18:55 AM »
That's an interesting question! :deepstuff: However I don't really know the answer.....

Probably someone can think of something?
I'm still alive. Object Oriented Programming subject has yet to kill me. Same cannot be said for Data and Discrete Structures....

Maximax92

• Tier 1
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2015, 08:13:12 AM »
Hi there guys, I read this interesting post, and I don't have a solid theory about what the story of Finding Paradise will be, but actually I think as one of you already said, that there could be more behind the choice of not having dialogues at all on A Bird Story. I wouldn't be surprised if the character were deaf-mute or something similar. This could explain why his books are so important to him, and why he is so lonely and his pals make fun of him. For example I am thinking also at when one of his schoolmate accuse him of having thrown the paper plane in class, and he does nothing to defend himself. Also in the elevator we can se he is really shy, the inability to speak would explain a lot of things. And this story "bird focused" gets even more importance through this idea, because of course they wouldn't be able to speak anyway even if the character hadn't this condition, but the deaf-mute thing would stress even more why they become so close: people that can't speak are usually really capable of loving and communicating with gestures, like when we see how newborn babies, when they still don't talk, are so capable of creating really strong bounds with domestic pets. To me it sounds possible ;)

Da_NKP

• Tier 2
  • Kirby riding a Warp Star at Warp speed (Engage!)
    • World of Writing
  • Current Mood: thoughtful thoughtful
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2015, 08:26:58 AM »
Possible, but I could also say the same if this kid had some form of Autism. Being crazy shy and not speaking at all fits, as well as not defending yourself, as you are unaware of how to do so (and are, perhaps, scared to do so because of a past attempt that didn't work out so well). Also, there are some who either are incapable of speaking or just refuse to speak altogether. They prefer written response than verbal, as there is more to verbal communication than the words you say. Loving books? That's almost a stereotype.

While I could go on, I'll just conclude by saying that I doubt he'll do another character with the same condition (and if the protagonist is Autistic to the point of not speaking, that technically makes it different from River's Autism).
I don't always program,
but when I do,
I write spaghetti-code.
Stay caffeinated, my friends.

Da_NKP

• Tier 2
  • Kirby riding a Warp Star at Warp speed (Engage!)
    • World of Writing
  • Current Mood: thoughtful thoughtful
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2015, 08:48:38 AM »
Actually, just thought of this: What if he has Locked-In Syndrome? Of course, the term is more observational than medical (focusing on the fact that someone cannot communicate in any way versus focusing on how they got to that point). However, I think it could fit.

So, bear with me: I'm going all in on this :D

First, let's set up some basic assumptions:
    He's obviously a kid, so we can assume whatever happened to him happened when he was a kid
    A Bird Story shows his experiences in a somewhat realistic manner that tends to take shortcuts in both logic and physics, if need be.

Now that we've got that, let's begin: He's clearly dreaming.

First, Locked-In Syndrome keeps a person "locked-in" or unable to interact with their environment. They can still, however, view and observe what's happening. This is somewhat important and could apply in various ways. For example, let's point out that this kid does not defend himself when accused. He doesn't talk. In fact, most of his "actions" involved viewing or seeing things. Yes, in the game he's walking around to see those things, but I'll move on.

Now, can you remember any recent or remarkable dreams you might have had in the past? If so, did any of them tend to stick with what you understood of the world until it wasn't convenient? Like, you spend most of your time obeying physics until something crazy happens and the only way to "survive" is to do something that goes against reality? I know that's vague, but it's what we see him go through. I won't mention the whole paper airplane flight, but if you notice how things look real enough until he decides to go walk in the forest, did you notice how he leisurely strolls out of his classroom and into the middle of the forest? Or perhaps, when he wants to go home, it's about five to six steps away from that same section of forest? Or maybe, when he wanted to get a closer look at the injured bird, all of the trees moved aside for him? This, at least to me, sounds like dream logic. This also happened to be a significant portion of his life (this is, admittedly, a Meta statement, since Kan would only choose to make a mini-episode if there was something meaningful and relevant to the story) and, while he still reflects on it frequently in his dreams, some of the original logic has gone. You could say the dream - the original memory of an event that legitimately happened - has started to fragment over repeat dream sessions.

So, to wrap everything up, our new patient is currently suffering from (probably a more terminal, life-threatening form) Locked-In Syndrome, which is being reflected, along with the event that most likely caused it, in his dream: A Bird Story.
I don't always program,
but when I do,
I write spaghetti-code.
Stay caffeinated, my friends.

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
  • Current Mood: creative creative
  • Discord ID: DragonMage156#0211
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2015, 04:43:41 PM »

^ This proves you can always find paradise in NZ xD

I wonder if the man in Finding Paradise will actually travel to New Zealand or Australia in the game. Or atleast have some mention of it.

Austin Li

• Tier 2
  • Current Mood: stressed stressed
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2015, 05:34:08 AM »
To the moon had sick Australian references everywhere.
I love milk.

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2015, 03:40:12 PM »
Yeah XD who knows, maybe Neil will make an NZ reference in Finding Paradise :P

Abrom

• Tier 5
  • I came here for the free tears.
  • Current Mood: unmotivated unmotivated
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2015, 06:55:06 PM »
Yeah XD who knows, maybe Neil will make an NZ reference in Finding Paradise :P
Now that Kan knows, I'm expecting it.
River: *Drops hacky sack*
River: "Can you throw this is as far as where Anya's at?"
John: "I can try."
John: "(Now I'll amaze her with my feat of strength.)"
John: *Throws hacky sack into ocean*
River: *Runs to cliff edge*
John: "River! Stop looking at my awesome throw and get away from that ledge!"
River: *Backs into John and silently sits down*
John: "(...Nailed it.)"

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2015, 10:22:47 PM »
In relation to Abrom's theory here: http://freebirdgames.com/forum/index.php?topic=6192.0

If this is mostly true then I think that Finding Paradise will be about the boy wanting to find the girl her fell in love with when he was younger but he wasn't able to in his life. His completed wish may show him flying a plane and finding her again.

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2016, 08:45:31 PM »
So incase you didn't know, Kan recently uploaded a new teaser image:

Like holy sh-! Is this even FP anymore! O_O Things look a whole lot more intense than it was in TtM.

It seems Neil and Eva get sucked into a void of some sort. Reives, what are you trying to tell us?! D:

FirmlyGroundedAspie

• Tier 2
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2016, 08:55:28 PM »
It seems Neil and Eva get sucked into a void of some sort. Reives, what are you trying to tell us?! D:
Some sort of rift in space-time is what I thought...

TheFlyingMarlin

• Tier 5
  • Current Mood: unmotivated unmotivated
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2016, 10:06:11 PM »
Perhaps it's similar to the road-block Neil and Eva ran into in TtM, with that big blank white area.

Jade

• Tier 3
  • Current Mood: alright alright
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2016, 11:56:55 PM »
Meanwhile their hairs are dynamic XD

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2016, 02:18:19 AM »
I love the sprite poses. So lively and realistic ^_^

I couple things I notice... There is a cloudy background, indication that they are in the sky. I'm thinking somewhere in his childhood (or whenever the patient is flying :P )

Also, what's that thing behind Neil's head?

Kyo

• no title at all
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: evil evil
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2016, 03:58:47 AM »
Meanwhile their hairs are dynamic XD
Yeah, I heard Kan has implemented NVIDIA HairWorks into the game.