Author Topic: Finding Paradise pre-theories  (Read 45874 times)

Dev J Chand

• Tier 5
  • Wacky Cynic
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: Finding Paradise pre-theories
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2014, 01:24:45 AM »
Well, then the parts where he slept make no sense, besides the whole story is established as being told from the boy's imagination. It'd also make the beginning scene where the boy moves backward pointless.

Abrom

• Tier 5
  • I came here for the free tears.
  • Current Mood: unmotivated unmotivated
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2014, 08:49:47 AM »
Ok, I must have missed something big - Why is it pretty much an accepted fact that A Bird Story is tied with To The Moon, and Finding Paradise is the name of the To The Moon sequel? The only references I've seen is that unimportant characters are represented as shadows (just like in John's memories), and the ending of A Bird Story, in which, we see 'Finding Paradise' and are shown a timeline. To me, it makes it seem that this story is going to continue on all throughout the protagonist's life, and we've only seen one small part where he was a child. I don't think just because it shows a timeline that it necessarily means it's connected to To The Moon. I think that it's a good guess, but from what I saw, I think that Finding Paradise is merely going to be a sequel of A Bird Story, where we see the next stage of his life. I mean, lots of RPGMaker games have elements from each other. I don't think that shadow people and a timeline solidifies that A Bird Story and To The Moon are connected. Is there something that I missed? Did Kan already hint at any of this at some point?
River: *Drops hacky sack*
River: "Can you throw this is as far as where Anya's at?"
John: "I can try."
John: "(Now I'll amaze her with my feat of strength.)"
John: *Throws hacky sack into ocean*
River: *Runs to cliff edge*
John: "River! Stop looking at my awesome throw and get away from that ledge!"
River: *Backs into John and silently sits down*
John: "(...Nailed it.)"

Kyo

• no title at all
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: evil evil
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2014, 12:39:15 PM »
Ok, I must have missed something big - Why is it pretty much an accepted fact that A Bird Story is tied with To The Moon, and Finding Paradise is the name of the To The Moon sequel? The only references I've seen is that unimportant characters are represented as shadows (just like in John's memories), and the ending of A Bird Story, in which, we see 'Finding Paradise' and are shown a timeline. To me, it makes it seem that this story is going to continue on all throughout the protagonist's life, and we've only seen one small part where he was a child. I don't think just because it shows a timeline that it necessarily means it's connected to To The Moon. I think that it's a good guess, but from what I saw, I think that Finding Paradise is merely going to be a sequel of A Bird Story, where we see the next stage of his life. I mean, lots of RPGMaker games have elements from each other. I don't think that shadow people and a timeline solidifies that A Bird Story and To The Moon are connected. Is there something that I missed? Did Kan already hint at any of this at some point?
Yes. I'm not going to look for quotes, but it is confirmed that To the Moon is episode 1, while Finding Paradise is episode 2 of an unnamed story. From what we know, FP should be more similar to TtM in that the main characters will be the doctors and their patient - the boy from ABS.

Abrom

• Tier 5
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2014, 01:27:43 PM »
Unnamed Story? Lol, well, isn't it called Finding Paradise? Maybe 'unknown' is what you were getting at. Anyway, could somebody please show me these quotes? I tried skimming through the site, and Kan's facebook, twitter, and youtube, but I couldn't find anything about Finding Paradise.

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
  • Current Mood: creative creative
  • Discord ID: DragonMage156#0211
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2014, 01:55:16 PM »
I tried skimming through the site, and Kan's facebook, twitter, and youtube, but I couldn't find anything about Finding Paradise.
Nothing's been said about it yet but we might see an update soon.

Abrom

• Tier 5
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2014, 02:23:55 PM »
Oh...alright. Because all I could find was Kan stating that A Bird Story was a 'spiritual sequel' of To The Moon, and I didn't really think that it meant it was really connected, especially since Kan seems to keep trying to make people understand that it is NOT To The Moon.

Kyo

• no title at all
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: evil evil
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2014, 04:28:45 PM »
Unnamed Story? Lol, well, isn't it called Finding Paradise? Maybe 'unknown' is what you were getting at.
Unnamed. I meant it like this:

"An Unnamed Saga"
- Episode 1: To the Moon
- Episode 2: Finding Paradise ( + its prequel/prologue - A Bird Story)
- Episode 3: ??­??­?
And so on.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 03:20:21 AM by Kyo »

Sun

• Tier 6
  • Person of personness
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2014, 05:50:43 PM »
Why is it pretty much an accepted fact that A Bird Story is tied with To The Moon, and Finding Paradise is the name of the To The Moon sequel?

Anyway, could somebody please show me these quotes? I tried skimming through the site, and Kan's facebook, twitter, and youtube, but I couldn't find anything about Finding Paradise.

It's e.g. on the game's page:
"Taking place in To the Moon‘s universe"
"While Dr. Watts and Dr. Rosalene aren’t in this game (chronologically, it takes place before their time), the boy in it eventually grows up to become their patient in “episode 2″ of the series."
http://freebirdgames.com/games/a-bird-story/

Abrom

• Tier 5
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2014, 07:25:16 PM »
Sun - OH MY GOD, I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT I MISSED THAT! GAH! WHY IS KAN GIVING OUT SPOILERS LIKE THAT ANYWAY?!

Kyo - Ohhh, now that makes more sense to me.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 07:26:55 PM by Abrom »

ToxicCows

• Tier 1
Finding Paradise Theory!
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2014, 04:24:01 PM »
Ok so heres my theory it will as in To The Moon but with another dream! We can already see that this person has an awesome fantasy and that will be more awesome in the game its self because then freebird games can do almost anything. It will also be much about flying and (SPOILERS AHEAD IF YOUR NOT DONE WITH A BIRD STORY DO NOT READ!) to find his old bird again and be like him like a bird. This might happen. Second of all, Neil will be one of the patience because on the end of To The Moon (MORE SPOILERS AHEAD ABOUT TO THE MOON!) it's like brighting up for a second and he takes one of these pills! Hope you all enjoyed my theory :)  :whaaa?:

epicfail98200

• Tier 1
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2014, 03:54:04 AM »
A lot of these theories seem to be directly tied with the one bit of information given to us in ABS. Although it will definitely have an impact on the next game, I don't think it'll be the entire premise. The fact that the game stayed true to the "No dialogue" theme given to it must have more meanining behind it. Finding Paradise will for sure have dialogue (or at least I'd assume) which leads me to believe.. "Is there more to the story being hidden right in front of us?" especially with the songs in the soundtrack having the names of "Yesterday" "Today" and "Tomorrow".

Although personally I felt it took place over a couple of days suggested by the songs "Before Fall" and "After Fall". Maybe things like this can give people more inspiration or true detectives new ideas as to what this "Hidden Detail" can be.

Mersealie

• Tier 1
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2014, 03:10:59 PM »
This is a very interesting topic, may I join in? ^-^
I'm guessing that "A Bird Story" was the result of Neil and Eva work on their patient. The game rewind the boy's life at the beginning of the game like how Johnny Wyles' life did when he was put into that machine. And the gameplay was really lucid such as the work of Sigmund Corp's technology. Let's not forget that practically everyone BUT the boy was faceless. These can be related to what happen to Jonny when he got hooked up to that machine right? THEORY TIMEEE!!!!: What we saw in A Bird Story was all an illusion set up by Neil&Eva and the boy's life didn't roll that way. His life was probally really awful, not having his parents around, getting bullied, all the things that make life poopy. And im guessing that what really HAPPEN will be revealed in Finding Paradise. Oh yea, and the title of the next game:"Finding Paradise" i can only imagen that it's the boy that's trying to find this "paradise"
That's all!
-Mitchy

Da_NKP

• Tier 2
  • Kirby riding a Warp Star at Warp speed (Engage!)
    • World of Writing
  • Current Mood: thoughtful thoughtful
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2015, 02:55:23 PM »
Hey, since this is TtM2, is anyone curious what this patient's condition could be? Obviously, River had her own condition and Johnny had a medically induced one. Maybe I'm the only one thinking the new patient (or perhaps someone else he knows) has some kind of not-so-well known condition.

Any theories there? It might even help identify the plot of Finding Paradise, but given Kan's track record, I doubt it.
I don't always program,
but when I do,
I write spaghetti-code.
Stay caffeinated, my friends.

Abrom

• Tier 5
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2015, 10:12:46 PM »
Hey, since this is TtM2, is anyone curious what this patient's condition could be? Obviously, River had her own condition and Johnny had a medically induced one. Maybe I'm the only one thinking the new patient (or perhaps someone else he knows) has some kind of not-so-well known condition.

Any theories there? It might even help identify the plot of Finding Paradise, but given Kan's track record, I doubt it.
I guess I never put much thought into what illness he could possibly have. I mean, what condition could it be, in which, the patient confuses reality with imagination?

Da_NKP

• Tier 2
  • Kirby riding a Warp Star at Warp speed (Engage!)
    • World of Writing
  • Current Mood: thoughtful thoughtful
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2015, 10:26:09 PM »
I honestly have no clue. I'm more familiar with the Pervasive Developmental Disorders than anything else.
I don't always program,
but when I do,
I write spaghetti-code.
Stay caffeinated, my friends.