Author Topic: Tower of the Moon  (Read 9321 times)

Unimaginative Username

Re: Tower of the Moon
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2014, 05:13:57 PM »
Excuse me if you have already answered this somewhere, but what engine, language - and so on - are you using to create this game?

I'm looking forward to seeing this completed - it looks excellent so far. :)

WaffelPig

• Tier 2
  • Current Mood: cheerful cheerful
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2014, 08:22:55 PM »
This game looks really cool, and just like what ThePurpleOrange said, the way everything folds out looks great. I like how you're trying to focus on strategy, not grinding. Good luck on finishing the game! :D

Erichermit

• Tier 4
    • Facebook for Pelagic Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2014, 02:52:35 PM »
@ThePurpleOrange: I'm making this using Unity! I have the pro edition but so far I'm pretty sure that everything I've used is doable in the free version. I'm writing the actual code in C#. For the graphics I'm using a spriting program that supports trixels called "Hexels". Thank you very much for your excitement!

@WaffelPig: Thank you!

Wow! I haven't posted here in a while, but I have been saving up lots of NEAT STUFF! Let me show you!

I ended up having a sudden decision to make positioning somewhat important. There are now three positions for your characters to occupy, one of which is a front line space and the other two are backline.
I havenít yet completely decided the meaning behind this but it probably involves stuff like ďSome moves can only target the front line space.Ē
Iím going to be very careful to make sure ďStick a warrior-type in the front line always onlyĒ isnít the only decision to make. Iím okay with the idea that *most* of the time the front line will be occupied with a warrior, though. Youíll be able to switch positions throughout the battle.
I had to split the inventory/skill menu in two to stop this new change from causing the menu to occupy too much vertical space. I think this is fine.
Oh also, that little thing you see down at the bottom there is a Star Tear. Itís money.

Sprite variety based on class is now functional. Although all the classes are still the exact same on the inside, it's now ready to be set up.

I just started work on the character creation screen. Like everything else, I really want this to be pretty.

How do you want your hair to look?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 03:10:22 PM by Erichermit »

Kyo

• no title at all
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: evil evil
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2014, 03:02:26 PM »

As always, great design and interface + its animations! I also love those toned colours, especially in the character creation screen.

WaffelPig

• Tier 2
  • Current Mood: cheerful cheerful
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2014, 09:13:45 PM »
You should add a Goku hairstyle :p :caketime:

Elke

• Tier 3
  • hiyo~ I'm kinda back?
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2014, 09:53:27 PM »
Oh Dang! I absolutly adore the art style! :D Sounds like it;s going to be really good! Keep it up!
-Elke-

Erichermit

• Tier 4
    • Facebook for Pelagic Games
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2015, 05:05:53 PM »
Hey

so ToTM was on a bit hiatus for a while when I suddenly made a different game called Earthtongue, which ended up taking up about 6 months.

I'm back to TOTM! And.. I'm kind of throwing away everything I did. Because I've gotten a lot of better since then.

so here's an example of how things are looking now!

I probably won't be actively posted here all too much though, but I try my best to keep a log of all my gamedev stuff at erichermit.tumblr.com