Games & Design > In-Development Indie/Homemade Games

Last Word

(1/27) > >>

Merlandese:

If the pen is mightier than the sword, the mouth is mightier yet!

One-Sentence Story: In a society where getting the last word means having power over others, a small party is disrupted by a polite gentleman issuing orders via one-way intercom.

Genre: JRPG-like/Interactive Novella

Description:Photographer Whitty Gawship attends a prestigious get-together at the residence of the impressive Professor Chet Chatters. Members of the party are veteran conversationalists, each trying to gain subtle power over one-another. The mood shifts when Whitty and the others discover that the professor can get the last word in every conversation via his miraculous invention. Dastardly!

But what are the professor's motives? And why invite a commoner?

Last Word is an unconventional JRPG. Battle sophisticated guests using words as weapons. Collect topics by gossiping to unlock mysteries. Drink wine. The night is young and no one can leave until the devious Professor Chatters says so! Can Whitty and Seymour overcome the power of the professor's amazing machine? Or will they succumb to the saucy banter of the motley aristocrats around them? Don't hesitate in getting the Last Word.

EDIT: Updated. Older content in spoilers.

Spoiler: show

I'm going to upload images as I work on the game. I can't really take the time writing too much about it just yet since I'm on a deadline. But thanks for looking into it!

Roxaszu:
So,
This is some kind of detective game ? (Or maybe like ace attorney game?)

But anyway,
so far, It looks like interesting enough for me,
You make it simple, yet interesting.
I wish I can join the contest too, But it's already Half month from now, So, yeah. :reivsweat:
Good Luck with the contest. :)

Elke:
Wow! I really like that idea! Very quirky and original! Best of luck on the contest!

(Do you think you'll be posting a demo of this? *U* It looks very interesting )

Unimaginative Username:
It looks like a pretty cool game. I hope it goes well for you - if you need someone to run through it before sending it off, I'm available.

Roxaszu:

--- Quote from: The-PurpleOrange on June 13, 2014, 02:03:12 PM ---It looks like a pretty cool game. I hope it goes well for you - if you need someone to run through it before sending it off, I'm available.

--- End quote ---
Well,
Maybe I can do a little help too,
Not promise, really.
But I'll try to do my best :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version