Author Topic: The Crooked Man O_O  (Read 7434 times)

Akira

• Tier 5
  • Masih berpikir..........
  • Current Mood: tired tired
The Crooked Man O_O
« on: December 06, 2013, 05:26:46 AM »

The Crooked Man is a freeware horror adventure game by Uri made in WOLF RPG Editor.

David Hoover decides to move into a new apartment during a rough time in his life.
After some odd occurrences, he decides to ask about the room's former owner, but learns little.
So he sets off in search of him, strangely compelled to know more about this man...

Screenshot :
Spoiler: show

Seriously though, the story is pretty much depressing, complex and you get to learn more and more stuff about David and the other cast. I’ve said the casting is bad but at least David grow some back bone as the story progresses. What I kinda don’t understand why would someone look after someone who doesn’t even know his face or knows a little about him. It’s odd but hey it’s horror we get things like that in horror games most of the time so yeah it was pretty decent, the story.

I won’t recommend this game to people who is depress right now. The game itself is all about failures in life so it might trigger something bad to people who’s experiencing failures in life. So yeah, don’t play this if you are depress or sad or had a quarrel with your family!

Download : http://www.mediafire.com/?810fzsptasl71s5
Mirror : http://www.vgperson.com/games/TheCrookedMan.zip

From Kynte's blog
http://kynteism.blogspot.com/2013/03/the-crooked-man-review-download-link.html

Spoiler: show
oh one thing...
sorry for the title of the topic
i think maybe i can make smileys in the title
and i'm fail :(
i just wanted to make vikon smiley (like this O_O )

« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 03:44:34 AM by Akira »

TheFlyingMarlin

• Tier 5
  • Current Mood: unmotivated unmotivated
Re: The Crooked Man O_O
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 12:28:24 PM »
Sorry for the necroposting, but here goes anyway.

The Crooked Man is one of my all-time favorite games. This game really piqued my interest in RPG games. It was the second RPG horror game I played (after Ao Oni), but it resonated with me so much. I love the storyline, and after playing it, I was left speechless. The only other game to do that to me was To the Moon.

I first played this game in the fall of 2013. After that, I started researching RPG maker (at first I wanted to use WOLF, the software used to make this game, but it is only available in Japanese) and experimented a little bit with the free trials. However, last June (2014), my brother told me about the RPG Humble Bundle, which I bought right away. That was how I got To the Moon.

So if it wasn't for this game, I wouldn't have gotten into RPG design, and I wouldn't be on this forum.

Also, have you tried the second playthrough? It's almost the exact same, but with a slightly different (and much deeper) ending.

Abrom

• Tier 5
  • I came here for the free tears.
  • Current Mood: unmotivated unmotivated
Re: The Crooked Man O_O
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 05:46:56 PM »
Sorry for the necroposting, but here goes anyway.
Don't feel bad about it. Everyone seems to encourage it here; it's what keeps these forums alive :)
River: *Drops hacky sack*
River: "Can you throw this is as far as where Anya's at?"
John: "I can try."
John: "(Now I'll amaze her with my feat of strength.)"
John: *Throws hacky sack into ocean*
River: *Runs to cliff edge*
John: "River! Stop looking at my awesome throw and get away from that ledge!"
River: *Backs into John and silently sits down*
John: "(...Nailed it.)"