Author Topic: THE OFFICIAL FREEBIRDIA 2013 SECRET SANTA! [GIFT DEADLINE IN 24 HOURS]  (Read 23290 times)

Judedeath

• ~Insert Japanese things here~
  • Tier 7
  • JOHN-PEE-AIR!
  • Current Mood: happy happy
:pegasled: :pegasled: :pegasled: :pegasled:So Christmas is coming, and in the lands of Freebirdia that means one thing!

SECRET SANTA

So I'm sure you're all curious about how this will work, and I'll tell you.

For those not familiar with what Secret Santa is, it's where a bunch of people throw their names into a hat and then draw those names to find out who they're giving a gift to secretly.

How this translates to Freebirdia is that everyone signs up, and I tell everyone who they're giving the gift to, the gift is then made and sent back to me, and I then send it to the intended person/post it in the secret santa thread depending on preference of the sendee. This is to let the fun part of this happen, THE GUESSING! You get to guess who sent you your present!

Now the gifts can be anything, a picture, a song, a story, just something creative, just remember to customize it a bit for the intended recipient if possible, for example if you're writing a story or something make it have something to do with either them, or something they like. You don't need to be a super story teller or artist or anything, just knowing you made the present for them and it's meaningful is what matters.
 (Last years present thread can be found here for your perusal. http://freebirdgames.com/forum/index.php?topic=4667.0 And remember if all else fails, make a scavenger hunt.

All you need to do to sign up is post in this thread, THAT'S RIGHT! POST IN THIS THREAD

In that post, post what you would like to receive(maybe just what is a show you are into or something like that) and what kind of gift are you capable of making(be creative, whatever you can do.)

I will be leaving sign-ups open until the end of November probably, but please if you do sign-up be sure to submit your gift on time or your person will be left gift-less when they spent their time making someone else something, and that just isn't fair.

I do understand the holiday season is a busy time for everyone and to make sure everyone has as much time as possible I will be setting the Gift Deadline as midnight Mountain Time December 22nd http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_Time_Zone to allow everyone that last weekend to make all their gifts perfect!

GIFT DEADLINE:
December 23rd

EDIT: If you have any questions about the secret santa feel free to post in the thread, PM me or add me on skype @ jude.death

:pegasled: :pegasled: :pegasled: :pegasled:
Just Lance
Tumbles
SpecialCookies
Moony
Akira
Vasha
Stardale
mepwnn
Reives
Storm Obsession
Raxus
supershigi
Kirroha
Cef
Gorran
KrackenKitty
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 05:16:45 PM by Judedeath »
Old River was as dead as a doornail, this must be distinctly understood or nothing wonderful can come of the story I am about to relate.

Ruben

• ~True Remembrance~
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • :)
Re: THE OFFICIAL FREEBIRDIA 2013 SECRET SANTA!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 05:06:30 PM »
Nice, thanks for organizing this! :)
I won't participate this years either, but it's always fun to see the presents afterwards.

P.S.: Sorry for modifying your post, but I couldn't resist to add a little movement too annoy Dr Watts. :P

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 05:33:47 PM »
Thanks for organizing this, Jude! :) Have fun everyone, and please feel free to participate -- there's no pressure as to what you make, as long as it's something and you try to customize it. c:

Just Lance

• 狼と冒険家
  • Tier 7
  • Commodore of Freebirdia Orbital Defense Fleet
  • Current Mood: perverse perverse
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 06:26:45 PM »
Shrek Donkey Pick Me

I want in! ^^
"God, it's so hard to be a smartass nowadays." Dr. Neil Watts (To the Moon)

Tumbles

• 海が私の心です。
  • Tier 7
  • I am who I am, but not yet.
    • Big Palooka
  • Current Mood: cheerful cheerful
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 12:16:23 AM »
Yeah, count me in.  8)

Spoiler: show

~

~

• 放浪者
  • Tier 3
  • Beauty Hunter
  • Current Mood: thoughtful thoughtful
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2013, 04:33:06 AM »
I'll be forever alone this Christmas, so count me in!
- visitor | hunter

Akira

• Tier 5
  • Masih berpikir..........
  • Current Mood: tired tired
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2013, 05:01:26 AM »
I don't know how the event going. I'm new here.
Can you explain for more detail?
(Indonesian people)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 05:04:43 AM by rafhael132 »

Dev J Chand

• Tier 5
  • Wacky Cynic
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2013, 05:33:13 AM »
(Indonesian people)

If you're not a spambot, write about what gift you want, and make something, or just send something on your own to a person. Do so by sending it to Judedeath first.

Judedeath

• Tier 7
  • JOHN-PEE-AIR!
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2013, 10:18:44 AM »
(Indonesian people)

Well it's a gift exchange, but of computer stuff we've made, such as a picture made in MS Paint or a song or pretty much anything that can be made on a computer and transmitted through the internet. There is a middle-man between  the two people exchanging gifts, so that the person gifting can remain a secret throughout the process.
Old River was as dead as a doornail, this must be distinctly understood or nothing wonderful can come of the story I am about to relate.

Moony

• 満月がとても美しいですね。
  • Tier 7
    • Website
  • Current Mood: cheerful cheerful
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2013, 09:45:32 AM »
I will join~

(Indonesian people)

Well it's a gift exchange, but of computer stuff we've made, such as a picture made in MS Paint or a song or pretty much anything that can be made on a computer and transmitted through the internet. There is a middle-man between  the two people exchanging gifts, so that the person gifting can remain a secret throughout the process.
I have also seen people giving Steam games as gift, but it is mostly stuff you can make yourself (poems, photographs, stories, etc). :3

EDIT: Since we are all paired up already, let it be a surprise what I can do :3

But here is what I would love to receive: I am not picky, I will appreciate whatever it is. I would be happy with a song, a story, a photograph, a drawing, a game, etc. It could really be anything. :)

Here are some random things that I love: owls, any kind of blue (I really love turquoise), burgundy (the colour), photography, Dr. Who, Firefly, Justified, Downton Abbey, Mr. Selfridge, Coffee & tea, fashion, different design stuff like typography & stuff, moon (obviously :P ), stories/books, jazz, etc. {I am giving lots of random choices since in the past I have sometimes struggled with giving a gift with just a few suggestions}. n_n
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 06:27:11 PM by Moony »
http://meelika.myportfolio.com/ - photography portfolio
http://wanderstarstudios.com/ - game Rax & I are working on

Akira

• Tier 5
  • Masih berpikir..........
  • Current Mood: tired tired
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2013, 04:26:58 AM »
Okay, I'm In!
Thanks for the explaination. ;)
Oh-oh i forgot  :o
How to send my creation to JudeDeath?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 04:31:42 AM by rafhael132 »

Judedeath

• Tier 7
  • JOHN-PEE-AIR!
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2013, 11:37:08 AM »
You'd send it to me through either the forum's PM feature, eMail or Skype.

Vasha

• 小説家
  • Tier 7
  • Relentlessly Gay
    • My Tumblr
  • Current Mood: blank blank
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2013, 06:58:19 PM »
I'm in for this! Um... I can make a (crappy) picture, (crappy) music, or (theoretically) a story? -flop- And I dun really care what I get, just make it something super awesome!

Judedeath

• Tier 7
  • JOHN-PEE-AIR!
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2013, 07:08:30 PM »
Ok, so I was planning on ending the sign-ups in a week, but we're not getting as good of a turn out as I hoped, so that deadline isn't set in stone, but please if you're thinking of signing up, sign up, make your friends sign up, make your enemies sign up just get people to sign up.

Stardale

• Freebird Linguist-Actor
  • Tier 7
    • Blog
  • Discord ID: senseigab#6268
  • Twitter: senseigab
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2013, 10:58:38 PM »
I'm signing up, too! :)