Author Topic: Connecting to real life...... access denied?  (Read 5094 times)

divStar

• Tier 2
Connecting to real life...... access denied?
« on: May 02, 2013, 05:32:53 PM »
Hey guys and girls,

First: I read so many beautiful posts in here - it really made me feel better in some way.

I'm listening to the "To The Moon" Soundtrack for months now - and quite frequently too. I also can play one song or another on my piano, but certainly not good enough to record it. Listening to it makes me feel melancholic - and at ease.

I bet no one wants to hear much about my past - in the end I'm just another user. So if you don't - just skip the following paragraphs. I feel like I can write something in here - so I beg to excuse the length in advance.

I'm from Ukraine, living in Germany for over half of my life. I'm a foreigner and always treated as such - especially by the government. My father and me came here when I was 6 for medical treatment. We were in Germany for about 6 years till the government decided to deport us (even though my parents had a job and we went to school + we weren't criminals in any sense).
When I was back in Ukraine I found the people there to be much nicer, but the country has next to no rules. The high and mighty people do whatever they want. So after a few years we came back. But in 2003 my parents and my sister were forced to leave Germany again - even though - again - my parents had a job etc. I haven't seen my mom since then, because I cannot legally go to Ukraine, because the Ukrainian government won't let me have a passport and the Germans say I have to have a passport in order to try and get a German one.

After my parents left Germany, they - again - had to go through a lot of trouble, because living in Ukraine is all but easy especially if you've got no connections, because you left for a few years. Then in 2012 my father died because of a heart stroke and even though we were on pretty bad terms for a few years, I was incredibly sad. Actually I cannot remember the last time I felt happy for more than a day or week (I'm happy when I buy a new computer or find a nice game or something, but this doesn't last). In fact if not for the music (mostly soundtracks) I had discovered for myself, I'd probably already have committed suicide, but music gives me the will I need to keep going.

I love quiet pieces such as "Once upon a Memory" from the To The Moon Soundtrack. It's so incredible and has such intense feelings to it, that I feel like I just can't go. I love almost all other songs on the soundtrack and thus am very happy to say "thank you" to Kan Reives Gao and all of the other people, who helped creating this game.
I also tried to play some of the songs on my e-piano, but since I only play music by heart/feeling/memory (I don't know any notes), I'm far from perfect.

Anyway: thanks everyone! In my opinion this game is so fascinating, because it caught me with its mostly natural story (okay - memories cannot be changed like this, but still..). I'll definitely buy the next episode of the game - I'm really hoping for it :).

P.s.: I got a platypus plush and after playing the game it has a totally different meaning for me :). Best regards and  :plat:.

Tumbles

• 海が私の心です。
  • Tier 7
  • I am who I am, but not yet.
    • Big Palooka
  • Current Mood: cheerful cheerful
Re: Connecting to real life...... access denied?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 07:47:31 PM »
Damn, you've had an interesting life. O_O Thanks for the read! I'm not sure what else to say, but everyone here is always happy to chat. :vikonsmile:

Spoiler: show

~

divStar

• Tier 2
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 01:46:58 AM »
Thanks :). I'm not particularly proud of it nor did I really chose the kind of life I had. On the other hand I'm still alive so it's fine I guess. Thanks for reading it :). This was just an excerpt - I just felt in the mood to write something.

Lobstrosity

• Tier 4
  • Did you know that Gargan Roo is like pufferfish?
  • Current Mood: tired tired
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 03:18:54 AM »
Huzzah for saving lives! x2

Good to see that all is well.
~This messages was brought to you by Lobstrosity. Thank you, and have a good night.

Thunderbird

• 雷の鳥
  • Tier 7
  • Flame Haze
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 06:50:41 PM »
Sometimes I really don't understand the actions of the government...why do you want to kick our people who have a job/go to school ->are integrated in the society and contribute to it? (yes, I'm from Germany)
I hope you have more luck in the next steps of your life.
Even if you are nothing more than a drop in a bucket...
Every drop leaves ripples.

Ruben

• ~True Remembrance~
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • :)
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 04:50:55 AM »
I'm from Germany as well and I know pretty well myself how much bureaucracy can suck. I feel sorry you had to suffer from it so much,

But here you're always welcome. This is a warm country and everyone is kindly friendly. If you want to talk about games, music, your aunt's dog, authism, your current mood or your own personal problems you can do all that here, and there'll always be people who will listen.

Also: Yay for soundtracks! :)

Dr. Zooks McCoy

• Tier 7
  • Dr. Rodney McKay's female sidekick
    • Soundcloud
  • Current Mood: creative creative
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2013, 09:25:35 AM »
in the end I'm just another user

Everybody's unique :) And welcome to Freebirdia!
America has the same issue with immigrants, so many of them have jobs and kids in school but have to hide because they didn't do the paperwork :(
Also I'm curious, where'd you learn English? You sound like a natural! :D

Greggy

• Tier 2
  • Live n Laugh
  • Current Mood: alright alright
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2013, 06:42:58 AM »
All the hardships you've been through is not really your fault.. but blaming others won't help the situation you are in. Just keep your head up and always look at the bright side of life. Philosophies say that not all people can be happy but its up to you if you want to agree with that or screw philosophies in the head and do what makes you happyy. Stay strong and the whole FreeBird community is with you. Stay strong and never give up :D
Storyline > Graphics

Unimaginative Username

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2013, 08:29:12 AM »
All the hardships you've been through is not really your fault.. but blaming others won't help the situation you are in. Just keep your head up and always look at the bright side of life. Philosophies say that not all people can be happy but its up to you if you want to agree with that or screw philosophies in the head and do what makes you happyy. Stay strong and the whole FreeBird community is with you. Stay strong and never give up :D

Monty Python - Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life [HD]

Dr. Zooks McCoy

• Tier 7
  • Dr. Rodney McKay's female sidekick
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2013, 12:30:38 PM »
^ That just made my already good day a little better! XD

divStar

• Tier 2
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2015, 02:02:40 PM »
Wow incredible.. this topic is so old.. but I just felt like posting some sort of update, because a lot happened ever since...

First things first: thank you all very much for your kind replies.
I had "advanced" (as opposed to "general") English classes and paid a lot of attention to it. Furthermore my father wanted to study English, but because of circumstances did not get the chance to do so. For as long as I can remember he sort-of pushed me into this direction.

I also decided to read English IT books myself, because it would give me a chance to be ahead of the time - as translations usually take several months to several years and thus certain interesting books are not available until the technology is either very successful or not successful at all (I am talking about software development).

In order to practice my English, I joined an American multi-game guild; we have Teamspeak meetings as well as role-play (in a MMO), which certainly helps me discover new words and expressions.

The real update though is, that I finally got a passport (one, that confirms, that I do not have ANY Citizenship (yes - you read it correctly)). With this passport I can finally travel, though the lawyer, that helped me get this passport, said he does not recommend going to Ukraine with this passport, because they might treat me as a Ukrainian and thus possibly even imprison me once I enter that country.
On the bright side: I was able to invite my mom and she visited me for a couple of weeks and we had a chance to talk about lots of things. It sure was an experience, because we have not talked to each other for about 7 - and not seen each other for about 11 - years.

Still though.. I am very happy, that once I am on deathbed, I will not need any doctors to give me fake memories so I can die in peace, because - actually ever since I played this game - I decided to do things, that I can and live to my fullest and right now - and not regret anything. This does not mean I was partying all the time - I was not... but it means, that if I get a chance to travel somewhere or to do something, I will do so - and not cast it away by saying, that I will do it sometime later.

This also goes for relationships... even though I am not in one currently, I certainly am much less .. mh.. afraid? .. of them now. In the past I have been afraid of being injured or misunderstood by others, but now I decided, that if you never try, you will never know. Luck is something, that only comes to those seeking for it... if I follow this, I have to seek for my happiness - as has everyone of you. I really hope we all can find it, because life is too short to be sad or angry (even though it is normal to be so at some occasions).

In any case.. thank you all for reading / "listening" hehe...  :plat:

Sun

• Tier 6
  • Person of personness
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2015, 02:10:16 PM »
Hey :) While I wasn't around to read your intro post, it's good to hear that you could change so much that your life has turned to the better now. Wow. It sounds like you're on the right track :)

Eli

• Tier 7
  • Det. Meddlesome
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2015, 07:28:14 AM »
I'm really happy for you, thanks for sharing. :)

Double A

• Tier 6
  • Double double
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2015, 09:36:26 AM »
First off, welcome! I hope you have a wonderful time here.  :)

Next up, may I just say how fascinated I am about you posts. Ignore the sad parts, it's how you kept going that's amazing. I loved reading those posts.
Anyway, I hope you have an excellent life and I pray for the best.  :Evapple:
I'm still alive. Object Oriented Programming subject has yet to kill me. Same cannot be said for Data and Discrete Structures....

Roxaszu

• Tier 7
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2015, 01:32:50 PM »
Hi,
Welcome back :)

Yeah,
We'll never know what life will throw to us if we just stop on one condition,
But as long as you still trying, I do believe that you can't fail :)

Anyway,
It's good that to hear that you start to raise up :)

Thanks for sharing,
I learned from your story myself :)