Author Topic: Does Johnny Remember....*SPOILERS*  (Read 2619 times)

Aenvir77

• Tier 2
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Does Johnny Remember....*SPOILERS*
« on: March 14, 2013, 08:03:23 AM »
So since Eva only moved River from Johnny's highschool memories and brought back Joey(and thus, removing the need for beta blockers), does Johnny actually remember his first meeting with River? Or did Eva remove that too and I didn't notice?
(For that matter, does he remember actually reaching the moon with River?)
Oh yeah, first post blah blah. I'd just like to add a PS and say I am slapping myself repeatedly for not playing this game a year ago. Great work,  Freebird!

kikikai

• Tier 5
  • *staaaaaaaaaaaaaaares*
  • Current Mood: doubtful doubtful
Re: Does Johnny Remember....*SPOILERS*
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 08:21:20 AM »
Well, this is my opinion anyway...in order for Johnny to remember means that Joey didn't die therefore Johnny didn't have to take the Beta Blockers. So yeah, he could remember, but it might be a 'childhood memory' thing, it's there but vague enough for him to get 'motivated' to go to the moon. He might have remembered River after a while during his 'training to be an astronaut'. Going to the moon with River might have happened, since we have seen his elderly memories getting altered too (all the way to where River is watching over Anya with him).

But even if he remembers or not, River died knowing that Johnny didn't remember so that's just sad :'(

Just Lance

• 狼と冒険家
  • Tier 7
  • Commodore of Freebirdia Orbital Defense Fleet
  • Current Mood: perverse perverse
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 08:21:45 AM »
In my opinion those memories blocked by beta blockers will stay blocked for Johnny. Then the machine wrote the new memories into Johnny's mind. Those were the ones in which Joey stayed alive and we witnessed them at the end.
Thus we can say that his original memories remained and clashed with the new ones generated by the machine.
That clash happened and he dies. We witness that scene when he travels towards the moon.
So at that time he have both sets of memories but those blocked are well... blocked.
That's my point of view anyhow. Take it as it is. :)
"God, it's so hard to be a smartass nowadays." Dr. Neil Watts (To the Moon)

Tumbles

• 海が私の心です。
  • Tier 7
  • I am who I am, but not yet.
    • Big Palooka
  • Current Mood: cheerful cheerful
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 08:33:27 AM »
Yeah, the beta blockers are a medical issue, so even Sigmund's Super-Fabulous Memory Machine™ can't remember the blocked memories. I figure that the new timeline splits off at around just before the point at which Joey dies in the old one.

Spoiler: show

~

kikikai

• Tier 5
  • *staaaaaaaaaaaaaaares*
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 08:42:07 AM »
Buuuu? :-X ...Does that mean Sigmund Corp is not so advance due to it still being new?

Tumbles

• 海が私の心です。
  • Tier 7
  • I am who I am, but not yet.
    • Big Palooka
  • Current Mood: cheerful cheerful
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 08:49:45 AM »
Buuuu? :-X ...Does that mean Sigmund Corp is not so advance due to it still being new?

Nah, it's pretty advanced, but the beta blockers are a physical medical issue. Hmm, how do I explain...

Let's say Johnny had an arm amputated several years before calling the doctors. Even if he wished to have his arm back, they couldn't physically put it back. It's the same with the beta blockers; it's a physical issue.

Spoiler: show

~

Aenvir77

• Tier 2
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 04:58:34 PM »

Nah, it's pretty advanced, but the beta blockers are a physical medical issue. Hmm, how do I explain...

Let's say Johnny had an arm amputated several years before calling the doctors. Even if he wished to have his arm back, they couldn't physically put it back. It's the same with the beta blockers; it's a physical issue.
I dunno, if Sigmund's Magic Memory Device can recreate an entire life how hard would it be to bypass beta blockers?

Just Lance

• 狼と冒険家
  • Tier 7
  • Commodore of Freebirdia Orbital Defense Fleet
  • Current Mood: perverse perverse
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 05:26:14 PM »
The machine doesn't need that. It's now kinda mixing of apples and oranges.
Let's call John's original memories A.
Machine does need A to to create a new memories of life let's call that B.
When you base B on A you don't need the A as nothing more as a base, but that doesn't have any impact on the medium (in this case brain) of A.
So the fact that machine and doctors gained access to those memories doesn't have any impact on the medium. It's like Linux partition on Windows HDD when booting Windows. It's there but you can't access it by normal means.
Clear now?
"God, it's so hard to be a smartass nowadays." Dr. Neil Watts (To the Moon)

kikikai

• Tier 5
  • *staaaaaaaaaaaaaaares*
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2013, 02:27:09 AM »
@x@