Author Topic: Show Your Support  (Read 42398 times)

Sizzle

• Tier 7
  • TFP (Retired)
  • Current Mood: blank blank
Show Your Support
« on: October 01, 2008, 11:47:18 PM »
Okay boys and girls, this is a serious thread and I'd like you all to take a few moments to read this.

Quintessence:The Blighted Venom:
A game I'm sure you've all well heard of. Reives has spent alot of time and effort into this game considering he's got things he has to do in real life to. (College, debate, etc)
I think it'd be nice if you guys could show your support for him. No I do not mean just donations though if you can that's fantastic and I'm sure he appreciates it. Though what I'm talking about is web advertisement.
You know what that is, signatures, banners, or a simple "Hey friend this game Quintessence is the bomb, here's the site.", anything you can to get the word around.

A few ways to show support:
Signatures:
Not just on the Quintessence forums, but any forums. A few good forums to do this are listed as followed:

Signature graphics can be found at: http://quintessence-tbv.com/support.html
Put a graphic along with a link to the Quintessence home page in your signature.
(To add a Signature graphic, right click the image you'd like to use, and copy the address, now in the signature text box add this code shown below.)
Code: [Select]
[IMG]PasteURLHere[/IMG]
Web Banner:
Own a website? Well add a Quintessence banner to it, it's the least you could do. You can find banners on www.quintessence-tbv.com, or create your own. Hell I'm sure if you told Reives you were going to advertise his site/game he'd make a custom one for you. It only takes a few minutes of your time and it goes a long way.

Tell a friend:
Another thing you could do, see all those people on your msn, aim, and yahoo buddy list?
You:"Hey Bob"
Bob:"Whats up?"
You:"I found this really cool game, I think you should try it out."
Bob:"Umm sure."
You:"Go to www.quintessence-tbv.com it's awesome, dude join the forums to, we can post random junk on there :P"
Bob:"Okay!"

It's not much, and it's more the reason you should be able to do it, and it makes a huge difference, that friend you referred could be the next JellyRebel or Sizzle :).

Review
(Credits to Arwym Starlight)
Anywhere you see the game Quintessence, be that here or anywhere else on the web, give a good and full honest review of the game in your spare time. Take it very seriously, as good reviews attract more players and help the author at the same time. :)

Report Bugs
Remember to always post any bugs you find, even if there tiny grammar errors. A good quality game will insure new players come back, as most will see the creator is very determined and cares about the players.
Bug's can be reported here: http://quintessence-tbv.com/forum/index.php?board=6.0

Feedback
If you find the game is lacking, in anything that may be, talk about it don't just keep it to yourself as Reives does care and will take time to read what you have to say. And most of the time will do something to make it better in any which way that may be. Plus it improves the overall gameplay thus attracting more players and shows you care about the game.
Feedback/Suggestions can be posted here: http://quintessence-tbv.com/forum/index.php?board=7.0

Register
Not exactly web advertisement, but come on...The "guest" that seemingly lurk around the forums...If you like the game, register an account and thank Reives. It's not hard to do at all and it shows gratitude and I'm sure Reives appreciates it. You never know, you may like the forum and start posting on a regular bases. Go here to register: http://quintessence-tbv.com/forum/index.php?action=register.

Okay, so with that said, I'm done...I'm sure I've only told you what you already know. But the point of this was to get your attention on the subject hoping you do something about it if you haven't already.

Thanks for your time all. :)
-Sizzle (Charles)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 10:00:24 PM by Sizzle »
This quote will be legend

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: Show Your Support
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 01:42:22 AM »
Heheh, thanks for the post and the enthusiasm. Normally the announcement board is for the admin's posts only, but in this case I'll let it stay for obvious reasons.

There are some rather good sites there that I haven't touched yet; will probably do so in the near future when I get some time.  :reivsmile: And I also need to update some user bars; the ones there are way too old.

Sizzle

• Tier 7
  • TFP (Retired)
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 01:55:46 AM »
Thanks, and no problem. :) Glad it can stay >< I wasn't sure where to post it, but I wanted everyone to see it so I posted here :p

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: playful playful
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 02:26:39 PM »
EMINWEB IS ON THE LIST  :o

yes, please advertise there XD

Sizzle

• Tier 7
  • TFP (Retired)
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 02:31:43 PM »
Yep I did that just for you Legacy :)

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 02:50:03 PM »
Whooo, I already tell people what an awesome game Quintessence is, so I can't really show much more support.

Sizzle

• Tier 7
  • TFP (Retired)
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 03:30:44 PM »
Good :) I'm not very active on anyother forums, but I do tell my friends all the time about this game :) and I also encourage others to do that same :p I think that works? :)

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 08:10:10 PM »
Lol, the only friends I've gotten to play it are never active online :P

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 08:23:27 PM »
There are quite a few big places on that list like phanx, gamespot and the like that I haven't touched yet - will do so in the future.

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2008, 02:39:05 AM »
Just posted it on Neoseeker a bit ago:
http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/22121/t1242923-quintessence-blighted-venom/

Registered on eminweb, going there in the future. c: Same with gamespot and a few other places.

Sizzle

• Tier 7
  • TFP (Retired)
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2008, 02:43:39 AM »
Perhaps that where the guest came from :p

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2008, 10:29:33 AM »
Alright, that'd be a good idea, Reives. The more Quintessence gets advertised, the more people will play it  :D

Arwym (آرویم)

• Keeper of the Fantasy
  • Forum Technician
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: creative creative
  • Discord ID: Arwym#6091
  • Twitter: arwym
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2008, 06:13:40 PM »
This is good.    ;D

But I would like to add two or three more ways of supporting Quintessence:

1) Reviewing the game in a fair and objective manner.  Taking it seriously.

2) Reporting bugs, glitches, errors, and any other problems you find with the game.

3) Very much like the first, but... remember to offer constructive feedback.  If you don't like something, or if you think something can be improved, please say so, explaining why, and what you think can be done to improve.

There you go.  :)

[Please do not PM me for forum support, unless it is a private matter.]

Sizzle

• Tier 7
  • TFP (Retired)
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2008, 02:21:45 AM »
I edited the main post and put yours in there to :) and I gave credit where needed :p

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2008, 05:03:19 PM »
Thanks guys. :) Much appreciated. I still haven't posted on the other few forums yet, but I will soon.