Author Topic: Scroll-Over Text? [RESOLVED]  (Read 2909 times)

Merlandese

• 静態の遊子
  • Tier 7
  • ---
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Scroll-Over Text? [RESOLVED]
« on: August 10, 2011, 01:10:06 PM »
I wanted to place a system in RPMXP that works like this:

Final Fantasy Tactics A2 300 quests

Basically, the main idea I want to take from it is that, as you're scrolling over each icon, text is shown at the bottom of the screen. A simple solution would be to make a bunch of images with the text written inside and display them as you hover over each, but is there a way I could do this through programming alone? Or does anyone know of a free-to-use script that does exactly this?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 04:21:19 PM by Merlandese »

Sarkilas

• Tier 6
  • That guy
  • Current Mood: creative creative
Re: Scroll-Over Text?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 02:55:53 PM »
Since nobody has posted here yet, I just wish to clarify some things regards to your questions.

First of all, yes, this is not a complex script. It's very doable with programming just by having a grid board image (at whatever size you want, exceeding the screen as in the video and just re-position it based on that) and placing icons onto it.

On another note, I do not know of a script available that resembles the system you are looking for, but I reckon even mediocre scripters could pull a script like this off. It wouldn't be thousands of lines, if you exclude the data sets. By data sets, I mean the captions and contents of each individual entry on the board.

I am far too busy to make this for you myself, so if you don't want to request it elsewhere and you still need this system, I could give you some pointers if you are willing to script it yourself.

That's all for now. Peace out, bro o/

/Sark

Need scripting help? Toss me a PM and I'll see what I can do.
Also able to help with anything RMXP related. Please do not hesitate to ask.

Merlandese

• 静態の遊子
  • Tier 7
  • ---
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 03:33:57 PM »
Thanks, Sark! :-D I appreciate the help!

I searched around a little harder and found a script that'll do the trick: by gerrtunk.

This changes text into images that can be manipulated like pictures for anyone else interested in using it.

Sarkilas

• Tier 6
  • That guy
  • Current Mood: creative creative
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 03:39:53 PM »
That is fairly interesting. A very simple concept, but very effective. Glad things worked out for ya! :)

Need scripting help? Toss me a PM and I'll see what I can do.
Also able to help with anything RMXP related. Please do not hesitate to ask.