Author Topic: Discussion of Theories/Thoughts about the Story [Spoilers]  (Read 49560 times)

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: Discussion of Theories/Thoughts about the Story [Spoilers]
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2008, 03:02:05 PM »
Heheh, really? That's kind of strange in a good way, I suppose. :p Looking forward to it if ya do!

Thebazilly

• Tier 1
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2008, 10:17:17 PM »
Hi.  I'm new.  =D

A friend of mine has RMXP and found this game and reccomended it to me.

I loved it.  It reminded me of a PS2 game that I have called Shadow of the Colossus.  It had the puzzles and the mystery and story ambiguity.  (Although not quite as much ambiguity as this game.)  I also loved the music.  It was awesome.

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2008, 10:20:10 PM »
Heya, welcome to the forums. c: And glad you found it refreshing. I'd imagine that the extreme ambiguity would only work (and even then only for some) for very short games, as any longer ones would ensure that the player would feel like they've been cheated on, heheh.

Speaking of which, the unencrypted version is now posted on the board below this one, for those who are interested.  :vikonsmile:

Thebazilly

• Tier 1
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2008, 11:55:48 PM »
That's true.  Shadow of the Colossus had a bit more to go off of, and it's still a pretty short game.  But anyway, I liked it.

Arwym (آرویم)

• Keeper of the Fantasy
  • Forum Technician
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: creative creative
  • Discord ID: Arwym#6091
  • Twitter: arwym
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2008, 12:34:50 AM »
Ok, this is old now, but I wanted to make a point clear: don't credit the 'theory' I wrote about all to me.  I put it into somewhat 'pretty' words, but that was just a set of thoughts, ideas and comments that I collected as I read through other players' replies, my conversation with Reives, and my own conclusions; then I simply tried to join them together in a generalized manner, and as an end result, my comments here and the entry in my blog (currently offline).  Just leaving that clear before someone comes in and says that I am trying to steal someone's ideas or something.  :P

Well, now I'm wondering if there's something else that anybody wants to add to this discussion?

[Please do not PM me for forum support, unless it is a private matter.]

Sizzle

• Tier 7
  • TFP (Retired)
  • Current Mood: blank blank
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2008, 07:39:13 PM »
I think the story was rather...weird?

I think Reives made this game for the hell of burning time [x
This quote will be legend

abigailian

• isn't creeped out by yellow wallpaper
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Oh emm SNAP!
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2008, 12:16:09 AM »
No, he's already established he had ideas as he was writing. And lots of people on other forums apparently really liked it, and so did Arwym. I think some of us just won't ever get it.
This might hurt, it's not safe / But I know that I've gotta make a change / I don't care if I break,
At least I'll be feeling something

Sizzle

• Tier 7
  • TFP (Retired)
  • Current Mood: blank blank
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2008, 12:20:32 AM »
Your right I DON'T, I'm sorry if i made fun of your game at all Reives you know I love you :-* :-* :-* :-*

LAWL I like my version better though :)
This quote will be legend

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: playful playful
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2008, 05:13:31 PM »
This is my take on the story, it feels like I'm reading a sequal to THE YELLOW WALLPAPER If you guys liked Mirror Lied, I challenge you to read this story and keep your sanity, XD

Arwym (آرویم)

• Keeper of the Fantasy
  • Forum Technician
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: creative creative
  • Discord ID: Arwym#6091
  • Twitter: arwym
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2008, 07:33:29 PM »
I might take a look at that sometime.  Right now, I don't have much of a mind for reading, for as surprising as that sounds.  My brain and mind are tired, and full of crap.

[Please do not PM me for forum support, unless it is a private matter.]

abigailian

• isn't creeped out by yellow wallpaper
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Oh emm SNAP!
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2008, 07:48:05 PM »
This is my take on the story, it feels like I'm reading a sequal to THE YELLOW WALLPAPER If you guys liked Mirror Lied, I challenge you to read this story and keep your sanity, XD

I don't know why it bothers you that much. It is rather tragic, but it's relatively simple to understand, I think.
This might hurt, it's not safe / But I know that I've gotta make a change / I don't care if I break,
At least I'll be feeling something

Nessiah

• Tier 3
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2008, 05:44:52 AM »
Well I just played it. Didn't scare me one bit but I guess wandering around the house looking for potential danger but I got none was pretty  -cuss-

For some odd reason, it reminds me a lot of Yume Nikki for it's open endness. I'll try to post my thoughths later on and theories since it's dead late here haha.

I still haven't gotten to know what that bacteria meant, I know how it works but I'm thinking how it relates to the whole game. Maybe Birdie carries some virus? was it leah? Does leah know something that she didn't respond to mr. Iwillmailyoualotoftimesohohohoh!

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2008, 02:18:05 PM »
Hey Nessiah. Yep, it's not in the horror genre as I mentioned. I have had a few other people speaking of the resemblance with Yume Nikki as well; I haven't gotten to play it yet but watched the trailer, and I can see why. Looking forward to your thoughts on it.  :reivsmile:

P.S. Nessiah from GW?

Nessiah

• Tier 3
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2008, 09:41:18 PM »
Yes from GW :3

I know it's not a horror game but I think I was expecting something haha.  :whaaa?:

Well let's see for some odd reason that globe is giving out a weird stench I can't help feeling it's the cause of the fire, whenever I change the light of the room, the virus becomes visibile (or bacteria whatev) but then it's a sample, it could also be that thing has a connection to the whole birdie case. Maybe Birdie is carrying a virus and he's spreading it around the world that he needs to be killed? Maybe It's a symbolism of Leah's case, why is she faceless, the fire put out and stuff.

Maybe she's in her dream world maybe the fire wasn't real too many ifs :P

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2008, 08:45:52 PM »
^Oops, missed the post, my bad.

Well that's some interesting takes, some of which actually come close to one of my original intention. :) Aye, I know what ya mean with the expecting a potential horror but nothing ends up happening in that department, heheh.

And ah, I see. See, I remember the names I see! Aren't ya an oldie from there?