Author Topic: Awesome ABS!  (Read 1529 times)

Vasha

• 小説家
  • Tier 7
  • Relentlessly Gay
    • My Tumblr
  • Current Mood: blank blank
Awesome ABS!
« on: February 11, 2010, 08:34:25 PM »
so, yeah, i'm starting up my RMXP again, and now i need help. I'm gonna start looking around for what i want myself, but i'm just wondering your opinion.

i want a really awesome ABS to use, not too simple, but not too complex. i'd use the BlizzABS, but it always crashed on me (and i don't have time to read the really long manual for it). Pretty much all i need it to do is be able to:

• Battle on the map (duh)
  • Have keys for three special attacks, one regular attack, moving, and dashing preferably
  • I'd like the person's MP to start at 0, then go up at a constant rate (like 1 MP per second or something)
  • i need intelligent enemies. like, i NEED intelligent enemies. i need INTELLIGENT enemies
  • HP/MP bars. it would be nice if the enemy had an HP bar too

um... i think that's it. if you don't have something like that, i'd also just like to see your favorite battle system.

thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 08:55:21 PM by Vasha »

mepwnn

• いつまでも
  • Tier 7
  • profile picture courtesy of Silentgears
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: Awesome ABS!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 08:35:37 PM »
Ugh. Once again, I think the best course of action is a simple evented battle system (I can send you a compressed version of a simple one I WAS working on...)
Portals... must capture... ALL the portals... (click image to enlarge)

Vasha

• 小説家
  • Tier 7
  • Relentlessly Gay
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 08:37:56 PM »
yeah, i was thinking up what i wanted, and i realized 'hey, this is actually a lot like the Q-tbv battle system' (which is evented)... but reives is absent right now  :'(

can your BS do (most of) the things i posted up? i'd like to look at it if it can!  :reivsmile:

mepwnn

• いつまでも
  • Tier 7
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 08:45:24 PM »
I think this is what it can do:
  • Specialized actions (attack, healing, magic). Dash was removed cuz I was trying to work on it
  • Battle on a different map
  • For the MP thing, just set the MP to zero when the battle starts then write a parallel process for increasing it over time.
It was a simple one, so it doesn't have HP bars and stuff, attacking is melee only, and the system is a little weird.

Attacking: A five frame period where your character sprite flashes once  to mark the start of the attack. Touch the enemy to attack. The enemy cannot attack while you're attacking (I think)
Healing: Five second cast that heals some HP.
Special Attack: Your choice.
Sprinting: Removed
Enemies: Set to move towards you, attack, then step away. Once HP is lowered to a certain percent, then there is a chance they will use a special attack (for now it's just two earth shaker  jumps)

When I get back on my own comp, I'll upload it

Vasha

• 小説家
  • Tier 7
  • Relentlessly Gay
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 08:54:18 PM »
um...
attacking: hmm, that sounds like it's a bit awkward. it's not an instant thing? you attack and then have to touch the enemy?
Healing: not all of my people can heal (most of them can't actually, it'll make more sense in-game though) so that doesn't really matter as much
Special Attack: i have a few ranged special attacks. the skills are all evented, though, right?
enemies: hmm... that's... semi-intelligent...? probably gonna want them to use special attacks more often though...
HP/MP Bars: those are kinda important  :vikonsmile:

mepwnn

• いつまでも
  • Tier 7
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010, 09:09:03 PM »
When your HP is critical, the character begins to flash red.

Here's a link: http://rapidshare.com/files/349408562/EBS_Test.exe

It has no RTP included, but only uses the RTP. Also, the coding isn't that hard, just looking at the codes and the common events will easily tell you what to do. Needed picture files are included.