Author Topic: MotW: Sandcastles  (Read 5375 times)

HarryE

• Tier 5
  • Fall in a more hard-boiled manner
  • Current Mood: happy happy
MotW: Sandcastles
« on: January 28, 2010, 02:48:24 PM »
Here's my MotW fangame. Made it a long time ago and thought, hey, why don't I release it over for the freebirds? Thought I'd introduce the most difficult puzzle I've ever made to you guys. So here it is. Here's what Volrath had to say;

Quote from: Volrath

Created by HarryE
Based on characters from "Master of the Wind" by Volrath and ArtBane
Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/?hywwwyyakmz
Cade needs some serious cheering up after the group unexpectedly came across his now-abandoned childhood home. Trusting in the healing power of laughter, Finley tells him a funny anecdote about a day at the beach while he was a youngster. We remember this scene from Arc IV....but what happened after?

Now we know. Let's just say the cast of Master of the Wind have very active imaginations. Stoic and Laurel must navigate a massive sandcastle in an effort to reach their comrades, a luxurious fortress filled with statues of those who imagined it into existence. Anyone who has played HarryE's Children of Gods project knows that he is one hell of a puzzle designer, and Sandcastles drives it home.

Anyone not looking for a big challenge should turn back now. The beautifully crafted mini-games and puzzles will test your reflexes and rack your brain. I'm embarrassed to admit I have yet to complete the final room (pictured below), where nearly all of the preceding mechanics come together for a unforgivably brutal grand finale. The puzzles are amazing, and I'm sure there's a solution, but this gauntlet has exposed my limitations as a player.  :D

Those who finish this baby have major bragging rights. Everyone get to it and show the creator what you're made of!

Note: If there is no "Saves" folder in the project, you may have to create one...or else the game will crash when you attempt to save.

I dunno what causes that Saves glitch.

And if you're really stuck on that last puzzle,
then click here for a video
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 03:58:51 PM by HarryE »

Rayen

• is on an emotional roller-coaster.
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Forum Semi-Lurker
  • Current Mood: unmotivated unmotivated
Re: MotW: Sandcastles
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 03:25:51 PM »
Invalid or Deleted File
The key you provided for file download was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on Mediafire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or Mediafire. If you believe you have reached this page in error, please contact support.

:-X

-----
That smile you see upon my face? That's nothing more than just a mask.

HarryE

• Tier 5
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 03:58:23 PM »
Well, I'm off to a roaring start with that one.

http://www.mediafire.com/?hywwwyyakmz

Vasha

• 小説家
  • Tier 7
  • Relentlessly Gay
    • My Tumblr
  • Current Mood: blank blank
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 10:59:56 PM »
downloading it rightn ow ;)

Vasha

• 小説家
  • Tier 7
  • Relentlessly Gay
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 08:35:58 PM »
so i started playing, but i must say, i apparently suck at puzzle games.

Spoiler: I haven't even gotten past the first floor! • show

1) Finley puzzle, easy and awesome. loved it
2) Cade's 'bounce the crystal' game is annoying. there's not way to tell where the crystal is going to go for sure (either that or i just suck), and you have to get a LOT successful. whenever i'm doing good, i just keep going! gah! when does it end?!  :O_O:
3) Cade statue puzzle i beat... sort of. i got through the maze-like part, and go to the weird chair, but then i didn't know what to do. then apparently i accidentally configured the statues that i couldn't get back to the maze, so i stopped
4) this was fun... for awhile. i got close to the end (i think), but then it just got annoying and i quit. didn't read the note, though

HarryE

• Tier 5
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 03:09:50 PM »

2) Cade's 'bounce the crystal' game is annoying. there's not way to tell where the crystal is going to go for sure (either that or i just suck), and you have to get a LOT successful. whenever i'm doing good, i just keep going! gah! when does it end?!  :O_O:
3) Cade statue puzzle i beat... sort of. i got through the maze-like part, and go to the weird chair, but then i didn't know what to do. then apparently i accidentally configured the statues that i couldn't get back to the maze, so i stopped
4) this was fun... for awhile. i got close to the end (i think), but then it just got annoying and i quit. didn't read the note, though

Spoiler: show
2) Look carefully at the trajectory of the crystal when Cade uses his wind spell on it, and you'll have an idea as to where it'll come down.
3) You need to investigate the chair really carefully.
4) If you've got to the chair, then you've gotten past the part where you need the note.

Vasha

• 小説家
  • Tier 7
  • Relentlessly Gay
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 04:08:36 PM »

2) Look carefully at the trajectory of the crystal when Cade uses his wind spell on it, and you'll have an idea as to where it'll come down.
3) You need to investigate the chair really carefully.
4) If you've got to the chair, then you've gotten past the part where you need the note.

Spoiler: Spoiler Againz! • show
2) i was doing that, but sometimes i'm way off D:
3) meaning just look at it a lot, or something specific?
4) there's a chair in the baron room? you mean the one not on the same level as the statues? (i think that was a chair at least) if so, then i haven't gotten there yet

HarryE

• Tier 5
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2010, 06:54:17 PM »
2) Keep at it. If it appears to go nearly straight up, it will land near the side he's on. If not and it goes far, it'll be on the far side.
3) Look at the right arm of the chair.
4) Oh, I thought you were still talking about the Shroud Statue Puzzle. That Baron one, the note says that the statues have a range of 3 squares each. Also, if you die enough times, a fairy will appear and she can mark out the spots that aren't safe for you.

Vasha

• 小説家
  • Tier 7
  • Relentlessly Gay
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2010, 08:49:40 PM »
2) K. I'll keep going once i get the time
3) right arm? k. i thought i looked at all of it, but i'll try it again
4) k, i figured out the 3-range thing, and the fairy appeared but i never talked to it. might be helpful, though.

speaking of your games, this game has made me want to start playing CotG again

HarryE

• Tier 5
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2010, 07:26:20 AM »
Ach, yer a sweet lad fer sayin that! Where'd you get up to in CoG? Also, how're you getting along with this?

Vasha

• 小説家
  • Tier 7
  • Relentlessly Gay
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2010, 09:25:20 AM »
um... i think i was sneaking into some sort of bar or something? yeah, but i'm gonna have to replay it :P oh, and i haven't played this again yet (other stuff taking up my time) but it's the weekend now, so i should be able to play both of these again! :reivsmile:

EDIT: well i finally got to the second floor (those markers help a lot), but now there is a really annoying bug. whenever you get blown into a movable statue, you teleport back to the fairy that says 'have fun adventuring' and she keeps saying it, and you can't keep playing.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 10:19:58 AM by Vasha »

HarryE

• Tier 5
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2010, 11:02:33 AM »
Yes, I've had people reporting that bug, and I can't trace it for the life of me. I'm sorry about that...

Edit: I've just remembered the walktrhough video. It's in the first post, but I'll put it here, too.
Spoiler: solution • show
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ammEPCQIH4[/youtube]
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 02:10:23 PM by HarryE »

Vasha

• 小説家
  • Tier 7
  • Relentlessly Gay
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2010, 05:57:00 PM »
i might use that... just because the glitch is really annoying and i don't want to have to keep redoing it... but i'll try it a few times again before i use it.

and i started playing CotG. Have i ever told you how much i loved the montage after you beat the hog captain? i'm not sure why, but it's awesome. yumemiru is also an awesome song

HarryE

• Tier 5
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2010, 12:40:40 PM »
Hmmyeah, I got rid of that song... Proper music and then suddenly MIDI music didn't really flow. I've got a better song, though. :P

Vasha

• 小説家
  • Tier 7
  • Relentlessly Gay
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2010, 12:42:15 PM »
oh my gosh, better song?! yay! :reivsmile: :vikonsmile: ;D :kardiansmile: :D :seraismile: