Author Topic: Darkness Rebirth needs artists  (Read 3577 times)

Sushi

• is a glom.
  • Tier 7
  • FLOAT! FLOAT! FLOAT! ...OLIVEEEEEERRR!!!
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: Darkness Rebirth needs artists
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2010, 06:12:43 PM »
Hmm, sounds pretty good to me~my normal style is fairly anime realism, though it leans more towards realism. But I can tone it down a bit, just as long as it's not super anime. Once I get my schoolwork straightened out, I can try it. :] I could do fullbody if it's just the drawing--but I couldn't do it if it has to be a full digital work, that's just far too much work than I can deal with right now. I can probably go digital for the faces, though.
"Part of the appeal of the fantastic is taking ridiculous ideas very seriously and pretending they're not absurd." — China Miéville

strawberry

• Tier 4
  • uh oh .. here&there ^o^
  • Current Mood: thoughtful thoughtful
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2010, 11:26:23 AM »
umm .. I'm not pretty sure I can draw like that but I can give it a shot  :seraismile: I have a week of holiday and I'll probably release only the prologue of my game [yeah I'm veeery lazy with my own game since I know it's gonna be a looong project because of it's story&co it'll take a LOT to finish it] somewhere in the summer holiday so I have plenty of time ;) . btw your avatar reminds me a bit of my sis' style of drawing .. if you want to check her drawings, search CristinaRareDamphire on DeviantArt [I think that's her username there lol  :seraisweatdrop: ].

but if you already have a sketch or idea how your chara should look, I'd be glad to give it a try ;) .

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: playful playful
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2010, 01:36:34 PM »
Sorry for the late reply on this, my internet was down, then I moved.

@Sushi, all I really need is the faces. I mainly just need them for the cutscenes. While I LOVE the facemaker faces used in quintessence, I wanted something different for Darkness Rebirth.

@strawberry, I don't have any ideas on how they should look except a character sprite. I provide that, a biography of the character, and a description of how I want them to look and what expressions I'll need. Sometimes I'll provide a voice sample. Then you can let your creativity shine and create awesome faces :D

strawberry

• Tier 4
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2010, 04:20:08 PM »
that's fine with me :D as long as the description of the chara points out fizic details like hair colour&co. I'd like to try smth like that :) btw I can rather draw girls then boys, I managed to draw decently only 2 boys :seraisweatdrop:

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2010, 05:02:52 PM »
Rayen has pretty much drawn most of the boys already, so that's great :D Can I PM you with one of these descriptions, or are you not ready to start yet? (and yes, hair and eye color are mentioned)

Sushi

• is a glom.
  • Tier 7
  • FLOAT! FLOAT! FLOAT! ...OLIVEEEEEERRR!!!
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2010, 05:09:57 PM »
Hmm, okay then, I can give it a shot! If you can give me the info now, that'd be great. I can't guarantee I'll get it done right away--still have mega schoolwork--but I'll try to get to it as soon as I can. C:
"Part of the appeal of the fantastic is taking ridiculous ideas very seriously and pretending they're not absurd." — China Miéville

strawberry

• Tier 4
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2010, 04:42:06 AM »
yup I could try that too ^_^ I still have like 2 days of holiday

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2010, 04:49:05 PM »
Alright, let me finalize what I want the remaining characters to look like, and I'll get you each some e-mails :)