Author Topic: Laura Shigihara's "Melolune"  (Read 40752 times)

Unimaginative Username

Re: Laura Shigihara's "Melolune"
« Reply #75 on: April 01, 2012, 03:01:00 PM »
It looks good, and probably sounds good too.

EdmeDeStrange

• Tier 1
« Reply #76 on: April 28, 2013, 06:06:12 PM »
The Game is really fun, but this one part I am stuck on is where:
Spoiler: show
The Two boys (Their names slip my mind) fell down into the caverns and I can't find all the Melolunes I need down there...I'm Stuck, and I searched everywhere.

Akira

• Tier 5
  • Masih berpikir..........
  • Current Mood: tired tired
« Reply #77 on: December 06, 2013, 04:43:48 AM »
What a great story!
I'll waiting for next melolune
Hope the next melolune released soon! :)

Anime_Stars

• Tier 2
  • The only person I can't escape is myself...
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #78 on: March 24, 2014, 02:01:39 PM »
I must play zees .-.
How to cosplay Hetalia: Step 1. Get a world map sign around your neck.
You're done!

Eli

• Tier 7
  • Det. Meddlesome
  • Current Mood: tired tired
« Reply #79 on: April 26, 2014, 03:48:03 PM »
I started to port Melolune to Mac a few months ago and I failed.  :reivsweat:

I started my work on porting Quintessence to Mac recently and I'm still struggling with it but in the way I learned a lot more about what needs to be done to port games to the mkxp engine (made by Ancurio, which is used for porting these games to Mac & Linux).

Today I decided to give Melolune another try and in just a few minutes I made a port and I have played it for more than an hour so far and it has worked well. :)

Here is the download link for Mac:
https://app.box.com/s/63gerirohnsn3xe7i3bw

I know Melolune is put on hold while SuperShigi is working on her new game, but even at the current state it is a game well worth playing.  :)

Notes:
- I had to convert midi files to ogg in order to make them compatible with mkxp engine.

- Save files are located in here:
Code: [Select]
~/Library/Application Support/SuperShigiYou can press Command-Shift-G in Finder and paste the above address in it.

Linux Version:
It just needed a Linux version of mkxp engine, I got it from Ancurio's Linux port of The Mirror Lied, so here it comes:
Melolune Demo for Linux
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 06:04:55 AM by Ali »

russellhal

• Tier 2
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #80 on: May 29, 2014, 03:12:54 AM »
 I am so going to play this one:)

A Fat Kid

« Reply #81 on: January 10, 2015, 11:05:53 AM »
The game is good for the first 30 minutes. It's as if it was designed to be played as a short demo, and everything else beyond the demo was rushed and shoddily put together. The cliff dive in quality is steep.

Mapping and music are solid throughout the game. Shigi has the knack of creating absolutely stunning maps, so much so that my own mapping is heavily influenced by hers. There is no need to elaborate about her skill as a musician. The musical puzzles were a neat idea too; I only wish that there were more of them.

But otherwise, Melolune is fairly weak.

The writing isn't anything special. I have to agree with Bard that you could see the parents' deaths from a mile away. The story lost me after the first hour, and Shigi tries to include too many characters without leaving enough time to develop each. That led to me not giving a hoot about anyone except Aero, Achaius and Dominic. The blue haired guy, that professor/scientist, the criminal guy, totally forgettable.

The biggest mistake was the combat system. It should've been stripped from the game. Not a single mob is a challenge, behaving pretty much like bullet sponges. Hit the glass cannon first, then hit the tank over and over til he's dead. The bosses are challenging, but a cake walk once you figure how to beat them. Not a single mob in the game can take a full barrage of specials, meaning you can always kill the healer/glass cannon/support in the first turn before they can even act. It's really quite mindless. Thank goodness Rakuen won't include combat.

This game is responsible for casting doubts in my thoughts regarding Rakuen. On one hand, it shows how much potential Shigi has at producing a masterpiece, so long as she plays her hand right. On the other, it shows how fast she can send a game into the ground.