Author Topic: Quintessence's first participation at the annual Misaos awards.  (Read 3423 times)

Freebird Games

• Administrator
  • Tier 7
  • Reives is my servant.
    • Freebird Games {Quintessence - TBV, The Mirror Lied, Do You Remember My Lullaby}
Quintessence's first participation at the annual Misaos awards.
« on: January 30, 2008, 10:03:18 PM »
Wow, I was stunned when someone sent me the Misaos final results page today. I have only just known about this on-going RPG Maker games award a couple of weeks ago, at which point I had no idea that Quintessence would have stood a chance with even acquiring one award, from what I've heard about the RM2k3 vs. RMXP voting population ratio in the past.

I guess this year, things have turned around. As an awfully pleasant surprise to me, Quintessence managed to acquire 8 Misaos awards, making it the nominee with the most awards received! I apologize that it sounds somewhat vain, and I do think that some of the said (and as listed below) awards came unexpectantly, and Quintessence may or may not deserve it, but this result was definitely came to me as a pleasant shock:

The 2007 Misaos RPG Maker Games awards Quintessence won are as follows:
http://rpgmaker.net/misaos/2/

• Best Atmosphere - Quintessence: The Blighted Venom

• Best Cast of Characters - Quintessence: The Blighted Venom

• Best Introduction - Quintessence: The Blighted Venom

• Best Music - Quintessence: The Blighted Venom (Extra cheers to James Q. Zhang, the primary composer! A rocking land slide victory. :) )

• Best RPG Maker XP Game - Quintessence: The Blighted Venom

• Best Storyline - Quintessence: The Blighted Venom

• Best Supporting Character - Vikon(!!!)

• Sleeper Hit of the Year - Quintessence: The Blighted Venom

Also, I would like to give a hat off to the other rmxp.org games that made the community proud! Memento Vivere by Rye, Master of the Wind by Artbane and Volrath, Ethereal Dreams by Makio-Kuta and Racheal, Cell Chamber by Calibre, Nadir's Canon by Euphony, Sandfall by Despain, and Notes on Pulling the Sky Down by Anglachel!!

And last but not least, I sincerely thank every one of you out there that supported us, and Quintessence, in both its creation and in this event. Without ya guys' helpful feedback, support and inspiration, who knows where Quintessence would be at now.

So, from both James and I, a big thank you to you all!! :'>

Cheers, and may the new chapters to come be better than the last! Think of this Chapter 6.5 system demo as a celebration present. :)
                « Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 10:24:16 PM by Reives »

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
                • Mod-Suspect
                • Tier 7
                • Current Mood: playful playful
                Re: Quintessence's first participation at the annual Misaos awards.
                « Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 02:54:45 PM »
                I'd say it deserves all of them. I agree that a few of quintessences characters aren't as original as they could be, (Lunair for example, but her backstory rounds her out) but compared to other RMXP games I've played...quintessence whoops.

P.S. I knew Vikon would get "Best Supporting Character", he is a comic relief without becoming flat or cliche.

James QZ

• Composer
                • Composer
                • Tier 4
                  • Composer's Biography
                « Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 05:17:44 PM »
                It's a great honor to get so many awards. I must say that I couldn't have done it without YOU GUYS and of course the director of Quintessence, Kan Gao.  :D

It's a moment of triumph and victory, but we have to rememer, everybody is a winner here. I'd like to thank you again for your support and please continue to do so.

Big Cheers,

-J
                I believe in the existence of extraterrestrials.

somename

• Tier 2
                • Current Mood: happy happy
                « Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 12:05:46 PM »
                This is indeed one of the best games ever made in rpg maker, and as someone that didnt like RMXP(rm2k ftw!~ ;o) I have to say this is one of my favorite game so far, so in another words...
                Great job, you deserved it :]. *going to download the new demo*

Freebird Games

• Administrator
                • Tier 7
                • Reives is my servant.
                  • Freebird Games {Quintessence - TBV, The Mirror Lied, Do You Remember My Lullaby}
                « Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 03:37:58 PM »
                Thanks, somename. :) I've found most of the 2k/2k3 population to strictly boycott xp games, so I am glad ya gave it a chance. Welcome to the forum, by the way.