Home

Welcome to the new Media section!  This is a feature currently under testing; whether it'll stay or be removed in the end will depend on several factors.  For now, feel free to play around with it and have fun!
6 items
Trailers, teasers, demos, and other official Freebird Games videos.
68 items, and 144 in sub-albums
User-submitted Fan Art and Fan Fiction can be found here.
1 item in sub-albums

Recent Items

Items view: Normal view Filestack view
Sort by: ID Date Title Views Rating | Sort Order: Ascending Descending
Name Posted Views Comments Rating
~Lunaireelika~ Lunair Cosplay posted by Raxus in Quintessenc­e - The Blighted Venom May 20, 2010, 05:11:28 PM 2036 10 4.26 (4 votes)
A edited picture of the user FullMoon/Moony as Lunair when her eye warning shines...
Teaser: To the Moon posted by Arwym (آرویم) in Freebird Games - Official Videos May 19, 2010, 12:38:44 PM 179 4.62 (1 vote)

The premise of To The Moon is based around a technology that allows doctors to construct artificial permanent memories in the patients – such that a person can request attempts to alter their mind to wake up with memories of things that didn’t actually happen. The technology is mostly used to “fulfill” people’s life-long dreams, be it becoming a rock star or a millionaire or whatnot, when they did not succeed at achieving such things in their real lives.

However, since the artificial memories constructed are permanent, it sharply conflicts with the real memories soon after the person wakes up, and essentially corrupts the person’s mind to a degree that they would not be able to function properly anymore. Thus, the operation is only done to people on their deathbed, in their last moments, to fulfill what they wish they had done with their lives but didn’t.

The machine has one tricky limitation, however. How it works, is that it recreates interactive scenes of the patient’s life from their subconscious memory, and allows the doctor to step into it. They would then attempt to influence the person to make a different decision than they did – and if they succeed, a logical tangent of an alternate “future” (i.e. present) would be formulated with the help of the machine, and written into their permanent memory.

The story follows two of these doctors’ attempt to fulfill the dream of a dying elderly man. In their course to do so, they traverse backwards through the dying man’s memories, unfolding his life story before their eyes.

And his lifelong dream is, of course, to go to the moon.
"Beyond the Land and the Mist" (Lunair Naeryns) posted by Arwym (آرویم) in Quintessenc­e - The Blighted Venom May 19, 2010, 10:12:23 AM 1680 3 4.42 (1 vote)
Description taken from the DeviantArt entry:
'Beyond the land and the mist...'

This is fanart of my favorite character in the Quintessence: The Blighted Venom story. Q:TBV is an interactive novel with RPG gameplay. That's how I prefer to call it, as it is more focused on storytelling than gameplay.
I painted it in Paint Tool SAI, and this is my first time trying to paint like that. I had problems with the background because I am not experienced with backgrounds... less with landscapes. Well, but at least I am worse at drawing buildings and furniture. >.>

Lunair Naeryns is an original character by Kan Gao (Reives).
Quintessence is an amateur's work, but there's a lot of love, hard work, time and dedication put into it.

http://arwym.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d1jx5pw
Quintessenc­e Title Screen posted by Reperawin in Quintessenc­e - The Blighted Venom May 18, 2010, 05:23:54 PM 1784 1
This is a test file for testing the Media section.

This is too a image for my Newbie-Friendly Quintessenc­e FAQ which will come in a couple months (If I finish it at time  :P )

Random Items

Name Posted Views Comments Rating
To the Moon Fan Art posted by Merlandese in To the Moon December 23, 2010, 02:24:57 PM 11371 4 4.57 (5 votes)
Eva and Neil.  :platquack:
To the Moon ~ For River - Piano (Johnny's Version) - reproduction posted by quellatalo in To the Moon August 26, 2012, 03:05:57 PM 119 4.77 (4 votes)
I reproduced the song and also created a score for it.
It's track 12 in the ost
The Mirror Lied posted by Vasha in The Mirror Lied June 05, 2011, 05:24:41 PM 461 3
So, for English class we had to write a piece of Literature in the style of either the Romantic Era, the Victorian Era, or the Post/Modern Era. Originally I was doing a modern story, then looked at the rubric and realized I was hardly doing anything related to what the teacher said was 'Modern Literature.'

But, as I was looking, I got an thought: "Hey, a lot of this stuff kind of sounds like The Mirror Lied!" As I kept reading, it kept reminding me of that game, and so this was born. It's already made people hate me (cuz I won't give them the meaning of it), and one person said it seemed like I was high when I wrote it.

So, here were some of the things she said 'Modern Literature' consisted of:
Collapsed Plot
   -It will seem to begin arbitrarily, to advance without explanation, and to end without  
    resolution, consisting of vivid segments juxtaposed without cushioning or integrating  
    transitions.
   -It will suggest rather than assert, making use of symbols and images instead of
    statements.
   -The reader must participate in the making of the story by digging the coherent
    structure out that, on its surface, it seems to lack. Therefor, the search for meaning,
    even if it does not succeed, becomes meaningful itself.
Fragmentary Techniques
   -Modernest literature is notable for what it omits: the explanations, interpretations,
    connections, summaries, and and distancing that provide continuity, perspective, and
    security in traditional literature.
   -The idea of order, sequence, and unity in works of art is sometimes abandoned. the    
    long work will be an assemblage of fragments. Some modernist literature registers
    more as a collage.
Shifts in perspective, voice, and tone
   -Modern fiction tends to limit the reader to one character's point of view on the action.
    This limitation accorded with the modernist sense that "truth" does not exist
    objectively, but is the product of a personal interaction with reality. The selected point
    of view was often that of a naive or marginal person--a child or an outsider--to convey
    better the reality of confusion rather than the myth of certainty.
Stream of Consciousness
Symbolism

It also required some sort of Modern-relevant social commentary, so here's what I'm going to tell my teacher if she asks: Birdy represents war. Every time he flies over a continent, it's destroyed. "Birdie lies to you" (and some other things) is talking sort of about how to some people war may seem justified like you're doing it for the right reasons, but it always ends badly.

Or something like that.

NOTE: One of the fonts used did not come with my computer. It's called 'Anglican.' Google it or something to find it I guess (cuz I don't know where I got it from) or just change it to a different font. Like Monotype Corsiva (not as awesome, but that's what I used when I had to transfer it to google docs).
Lunair posted by L-Kan in Quintessenc­e - The Blighted Venom March 28, 2011, 02:12:06 AM 2686 7 4.65 (7 votes)
That doesn't look very Lunair do the color. And i'm not using reference at all, so if there's something wrong tell me 'kay?
johnny and river posted by daniel9394 in To the Moon October 11, 2013, 06:24:49 AM 1683 1 4.01 (4 votes)
This is my doodle hope you all enjoy it

Recent Comments

In Colin and Faye By chronotron12 Jul 14, 2018
In Colin and Faye By Erenussocrates Jun 24, 2018
In Colin and Faye By Mobbstar May 11, 2018
In Colin and Faye By Dragon Mage Apr 26, 2018
In It's a Promise By Legacyblade Feb 27, 2018
In It's a Promise By Dragon Mage Feb 26, 2018
In Neil needs a hug By Dragon Mage Feb 20, 2018
In Falling By Dragon Mage Jan 17, 2018

Total Items: 219
Total Albums: 13