Author Topic: Feelings  (Read 13329 times)

Re: Feelings
« Reply #75 on: November 25, 2011, 03:09:56 AM »
I just played this tonight and is my first freebird game.

I view the little girl as the step sister. I see this because the girl never even acknowledges the mom or goes inside the house. The little girl is only there to pick up the brother, and that is it. Also, the sister only wants the brother to stay with her. She never mentions the mother at all.

A part which makes me wonder is the letter. What was in the letter? Possibly the mother asking for some money for the sons cake? However, that money would have gotten to her too late, meaning maybe it was just asking for money or something else.

I too have had to grow up with divorced parents. Neither one was in poverty, but still the feeling of having to tear yourself in two is there. The father wants the son to stay, yet the mother wants the son as well. Every Christmas and major holiday was always this decision on who to stay it with.

Such a beautiful piece of art though. I am most definitely checking out your other games Sir Rieve.

And TC, I did almost cry, lol.

Just Lance

« Reply #76 on: November 25, 2011, 04:41:25 AM »
I know what you mean
The background is somewhat of similar to me to but only with difference that my old man rarely cares for me after divorce... So it's somehow really painfull to see that young lad to be... Well in my eyes tricked into belive that his fater really cares for him more that his mom.... Well This was a long time ago... But still.
"God, it's so hard to be a smartass nowadays." Dr. Neil Watts (To the Moon)

Crusism

« Reply #77 on: December 28, 2011, 05:38:45 AM »
It's stories like these that make me hate volunteering for foster care.
It's sad as it is beautiful artistic game from Reives and Freebird Games. Bravo!

I especially liked the secret.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 05:41:04 AM by Crusism »

"In life, we do things. Some, we wish we had never done and some we wish we could replay a million times. They make us who we are and, in the end, they shape and detail us. If we were to reserve them, we wouldn’t be the person we are today. So, just live. Make mistakes and have wonderful memories. But, never second guess who you are, where you’ve been and, most importantly, where you’re going."

« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2012, 07:39:03 PM »
I loved this story, and yes, I did cry.

I think the thing that would have made me cry more is if the mother sold the music box, the one thing she owned that brought her joy, just so she could afford a cake. But she didn't, and for that I'm happy.

prism

« Reply #79 on: April 22, 2012, 07:43:23 AM »
I loved this story, and yes, I did cry.

I think the thing that would have made me cry more is if the mother sold the music box, the one thing she owned that brought her joy, just so she could afford a cake. But she didn't, and for that I'm happy.

Seeing it from this perspective made me feel somewhat happy too. =]  I did not cry, but watched with a heavy heart throughout.  When i realised the mother was opening and shutting the music box,  I felt really helpless.  I wish the father had the decency to at least send her a message to let her know their son is staying the night with him.  Nevertheless, thank you, Freebird Games, for this lovely albeit sad little story.  I enjoyed it and really love your graphics and the music!  :seraismile:

Andri

« Reply #80 on: May 11, 2012, 07:08:36 AM »
It's very touching. I like the part where the mom saves the money in that small jar for his son's birthday. As for other people who thinks that this game is unrealistic, I think that that games or movies or books doesn't have to be realistic as they are only tools "to tell a story". Reives did a great job telling the story through the music, limited dialogues, and the scenes.

AnKun

« Reply #81 on: July 30, 2012, 09:44:00 AM »
Just "palayed" this... *sob sob*  :'( :'(

Somehow, when I see someone doing something for their loved ones in vain, that is just the saddest. Brings memories from my childhood.

Thank you Reives, you 've reminded me how much I love my mom. Gotta give her a call, right now  :'(
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 09:45:40 AM by AnKun »

kikikai

« Reply #82 on: August 27, 2012, 02:57:04 AM »
Just finished this...and oh my God...I...I... :-[...my mum's the best for taking care of me and my bros all these years. Enough said.  :'(

Eve J

« Reply #83 on: January 09, 2013, 06:07:49 AM »
This didn't take away any emotional impact the story had on me (things like that give me heart-punch), but I'm the tiniest bit confused on one thing. Please tell me which one is right, and if neither are right....please explain. :P

a) The birthday boy was the lady's grandson, and he was staying home with his parents? That doesn't sound right to me, but ugh.

b) The birthday boy was the lady's SON, and she used to be married to the man at the other house, but he had possibly remarried to the red-haired woman? And I guess the little girl was her daughter....

Now I feel like I'm just spouting nonsense.  :facepalm:         

Question Mic

« Reply #84 on: January 09, 2013, 07:57:16 AM »
It's been years so I may be wrong but I think it's B.

The birthday boy's parents are separated and he had the predicament of choosing who to spend his birthday with.

Blue

« Reply #85 on: January 12, 2013, 01:02:37 PM »
Wow, just wow. This was actually the first one i played. I've still yet to play the others (lol what i decision to play this first). Anyway, i think this game was really brilliant. Kinda bummed about the ending. But i have to admit i didn't cry ( i know i'm ashamed.) nonetheless i really do feel for the poor mother.

What's true is that there is no one to blame at all. There is no bad guy, which i think is quite extraordinary. Its exactly, what it says a 'slice of life'.

I feel so bad for the mother, at the same time i want to blame the kid for being reckless and the dad for being so inconsiderate. But he's five, and he's just lost his dad. And as for the dad he's just trying to make sure his son doesn't feel insecure. It was just so unlucky what happened.  :'(
Well, hello there. I see you looking at my signature :)

Here take this:
"The Best things happen to those who make the best of the way things are"
[Inspiration Unlocked]
----------------------------

Ooh, Btw. Check out this little hobby of mine, feedback is deeply appreciated:
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoyalBlueGambit
Thanks for being awesome.

gogobrasil8

« Reply #86 on: January 23, 2013, 05:03:23 PM »
Oh a bit sad, but i didnt cry.
Anxious for Episode 2
Team Portuguese

To the Moon - Finished
Do you remember my lullaby? - Finished
The Mirror Lied - Finished
Quintessence - Playing

:plat:<- I love This Smiley

SteventheSlayer

« Reply #87 on: January 28, 2013, 12:12:51 PM »
Finally got around to playing this.
It was definitely sad, though I'm not the crying type. I can definitely relate to the situation though. I have seen stuff like that happen before, and let me tell you, it's just as sad in real life.
I'm amazed at how Kan is able to bring up emotions and thoughts in people that wouldn't have happened otherwise.

Btw, I liked the exaggerated accents, for this reason. When I see it written like that, I can HEAR the person talking like that. You can hear the kids talking, and the shop owners with thier accents. It just makes it more real for me. Just my opinion.

One last thing, is it a coincidence that the man and woman looked almost exactly like River and Johnny?  Just wondering...
I don't even...

« Reply #88 on: April 18, 2013, 11:46:18 PM »
Hey there. The name's Danthe. I just made a showcasing of Do You Remember My Lullaby?, and I hope you guys will enjoy it. It's made a bit like a TV series, where every episode is around 7 minutes long. In the start of every episode I've also made a little recap of the previous episode. I hope you'll enjoy it, since this game/visual novel is very dear to me, but if you don't, don't be afraid of telling me what you think. I prefer negative response rather than no response at all, since that is how one can improve.
Have a nice day.

-Danthe.

My channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCro1U2hQwN3dBqpOyDWkRWg
Episode one:
Do You Remember My Lullaby? - EP 1

Dev J Chand

« Reply #89 on: May 17, 2013, 12:30:17 AM »
I somehow felt that the story was incomplete. Like, yes there was some setting up and it built tension in the part where the mother was waiting, but is that really the end? I thought there would be some sort of resolution in the end. Atleast, he could have shown
(click to show/hide)
. It felt a bit too abrupt for me.

* Recent Media

Eva Rosalene Chibi

Views: 408
Posted by: Anime_Stars
in: To the Moon
Neil Watts Chibi

Views: 379
Posted by: Anime_Stars
in: To the Moon
Sleep | Music Video