Author Topic: Quintessence threads listing  (Read 38758 times)

Merlandese

• 静態の遊子
  • Tier 7
  • ---
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: Quintessence threads listing
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2018, 03:53:34 PM »
Does someone know if the quintessence will be one day finished, I just loved where it was going and I can be patient as long as I can see the ending.

Thank you
Yes, it will be.

That was your one wish, Boxter. You don't get any more after that! ;)

Boxter

• Tier 2
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2018, 05:58:50 AM »
Well I have a special attachment to this story as I found this one better than to the moon.

After all, to the moon was greatly influence by one precise thing, the movie inception.

While quintessence is influence by at least ten different scenario while having completely unique parts.

The characters are also so human like and full of big fault that they are just incredible.

It's actually difficult to do a scenario with such egoistic characters because they won't accept to help each other without compromise, and this game does have a lot of them.

Anyway, I should finish by saying, no wonder that one of your game reive have receive such popularity when your first project was that good.

Thunderbird

• 雷の鳥
  • Tier 7
  • Flame Haze
« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2018, 08:33:14 AM »
After all, to the moon was greatly influence by one precise thing, the movie inception.

It's probably more influenced by Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and some events in his personal life (like Kan stated in some interviews).

(Plus: Frankly, I don't even like Inception that much)
Even if you are nothing more than a drop in a bucket...
Every drop leaves ripples.

Boxter

• Tier 2
« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2018, 03:53:44 PM »
I do prefer to the moon take on the subject.

I also find to the moon to be quite personal with its characters and that is also great.

But I have to admit that the subject is modifying one little memory quite deep into peoples mind so that they die happy.

The thing that makes it personal is that part of my sentence: "so that they die happy".

The rest of the sentence could describe inception when you think about it.

Thunderbird

• 雷の鳥
  • Tier 7
  • Flame Haze
« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2018, 04:42:52 PM »
In Inception it's more a dreamworld of the subconscious, less past memories (plus they have some stupid stuff about dream within in the dream being exponentially slower in time progress). It shares that it's about changing something in the mind to reach a goal, but that's a very broad topic.

Humans are great at finding similarities, so I think the notion that an author took ideas from game/movie/book x that was released before is applied very quickly.
Even if you are nothing more than a drop in a bucket...
Every drop leaves ripples.

Kyo

• no title at all
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: evil evil
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2018, 02:35:00 AM »
Humans are great at finding similarities, so I think the notion that an author took ideas from game/movie/book x that was released before is applied very quickly.
Speaking of which... Inception has ripped off the idea from Philip K. Dick's "Ubik". Just sayin'.

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2018, 11:32:02 AM »
Aye, the film inspirations for TtM were pretty much Eternal Sunshine otSM, Up, and Memento. Inception's concept's pretty similar in some way, but by the time it came out we already had (and missed) our first announced release date (April 2010) :P

Boxter

• Tier 2
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2018, 03:55:47 PM »
Thank for the explanation, I actually wanted all of it.

So all these details are interesting.

Thank you again

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
  • Current Mood: creative creative
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2018, 06:32:27 PM »
But while we're on the subject, I wonder what inspired Quintessence, if anything.

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: playful playful
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2018, 11:37:16 AM »
But while we're on the subject, I wonder what inspired Quintessence, if anything.

I think Reives cited Animorphs and Elfen Lied at one point. But I can't even begin to remember when that was or in what context.

(@Reives, am I right? :o)

* Recent Media