Which bear is the most bearable?

Sarah Bear (first attachment)
1 (16.7%)
Liz Bear (second attachment)
2 (33.3%)
Miles Bear (third attachment)
3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Opinions on Card Art (It's a Bear!)  (Read 138 times)

Merlandese

• 静態の遊子
  • Tier 7
  • ---
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Opinions on Card Art (It's a Bear!)
« on: May 14, 2018, 11:46:57 AM »
Hey, birbs!

I'm designing a simple hand management game about capturing animals for points. Right now there are three potentially wonderful artists to choose from, but I'm having trouble deciding which is the more interesting style for the game. If you have suggestions or opinions that'd be really helpful!

The bears are in the attachments.

Within the three cards, only the bear itself is a true representation of the artist. The other parts of the card are generic prototypes until the artist is actually hired, at which point it'll all become customized.

Thanks! :)

PS: Here's a link to the PNP if you want to know more about the project: Royal Pest Control

EgotisticalRaven

• Leeeeroy Jeeeeenkins!
  • Tier 7
  • ایگوتیستیکال ریون
  • Current Mood: sad sad
Re: Opinions on Card Art (It's a Bear!)
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 12:18:19 PM »
I personally love the second one! But that's probably because I love that style. Not only does the second one look so good, but it also really makes it stand out, so you are enjoying the look of the cards as well as enjoying the other stuff.

The third one is nice too. Depending on the look you're going for, the third one would probably be the best, but it doesn't really stand out to me, it sort of feels a bit dull, I mean, it looks nice, but just doesn't stand out as much as the second one.

The first one looks okay, but I don't really think it would be best for this kind of thing. It just looks too storybookish. Which I guess would be fine if it was the style you were going for, but it doesn't really pop out to me.
PoisonRabbit is dead, the EgotisticalRaven ate it.

fenzil

• Tier 3
  • Current Mood: cool cool
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 12:22:09 PM »
I like the third one best. The first one is good too but it seems more aimed at children which as far as I can tell isn't the intent of the game.
PM me for Steam profile link

EatingToastYay

• Tier 6
  • You are what you eat.
    • My DeviantArt
  • Current Mood: thoughtful thoughtful
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 06:31:41 PM »
If you're really going for a natural style, I think the first one fits the best. If cartoony then i like the second, and if you're an aesthetic kind of person then the third one  :seraismile:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
  • Current Mood: creative creative
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 10:25:35 PM »
I personally like the third one but as state above, it depends on the style of the game.

* Recent Media

Johnny and River

Views: 158
Posted by: chronotron12
in: To the Moon
Eva and Neil plushies

Views: 287
Posted by: kikikai
in: To the Moon