Author Topic: The Music  (Read 763 times)

nekobuster

• Tier 2
The Music
« on: December 15, 2017, 05:45:14 PM »
Apart from the story, the themes, and the gameplay, there's always the more notable aspect in all of the Sigmund Corps series: the music.

I think that both To the Moon and Finding Paradise incorporated music with storytelling very effectively. For Finding Paradise, the character development for Colin partially relied on his development with his cello skills, as well as the other characters that motivated him to play better. So I felt that the greater quantity of soundtracks than the previous game made sense. Also, it's more OST made by Kan Gao, and what's not to appreciate about that?

As for whether or not I found FP's OST better than TtM, I'm not sure yet. Both games had different themes in their story, and I felt that each of their respective soundtracks complimented wonderfully with the story they had to tell.  Maybe once I have each of the game's soundtracks to listen to for comparison, then I might have a final decision. But I definitely know that both games' soundtracks are phenomenal for their presentation. Many props to you once again, Reives.

What do you guys think?

StarwindD6

• Tier 2
  • Everything's alright so long as the beacon shines
  • Current Mood: alright alright
Re: The Music
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 09:19:29 PM »
I think that the music is straight-up done differently in both games. TtM's comes off as more quirky and thematical to me, with the songs being more simple and recognizable (which in my opinion makes the music have an endearing air to it that adds to the scenes they play in). Some of the songs I can still recall and I still can play For River on memory alone.

FP's music seems more grand and in a way more skillfully made, since it seems to use more instruments. I also have a harder time making out an overarching musical theme in it.

I think both fit into the games they are in respectively. TtM's simplisticness is a great match for a story about daily life, a very dear friend, and emotions and feelings, etc. While FP's grander style fits into a story about a boy becoming a man and all the fantasies he lives in and finally finding a friend who's gone far, far away.

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
  • Current Mood: creative creative
Re: The Music
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 09:29:28 PM »
Don't forget Laura also played a part in the soundtrack. Still a little too soon to learn the lyrics and start singing that song (I get a little teary eyed still :P ) but it was a beautiful song :)

* Recent Media