Author Topic: About the stuttering bug with Windows version  (Read 974 times)

EPM

• Tier 2
About the stuttering bug with Windows version
« on: January 04, 2018, 05:13:01 AM »
Didn't happen to me personally, but happened to some friends.

Hate to be the one that spoils the party with that alternative build solution, but I find very annoying that the textboxes don't move with the camera movement... And you move the camera a LOT. Hopefully if you don't tell them they don't actually notice, but when you notice...

Just... give this some priority. The problem is more extended than it seems and the actual solution is more of a solution right now.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 07:10:48 AM by EPM »

Eli

• Tier 7
  • Det. Meddlesome
  • Current Mood: tired tired
Re: About the stuttering bug with Windows version
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 04:00:04 PM »
I agree that we should either make the alternative build fully working with the achievements and moving dialog boxes support (we haven't forgotten about these, but they make take some time), or find a fix for the stuttering on the legacy build.
I'm the one who prepared the alternative build on Windows using Ancurio's mkxp, but as I clearly mentioned on the Steam discussions forum, it is not the final solution, it is an experimental build intended to make the game playable for those who can't play it, for now.

Have you been able to find a pattern for the cases that the stuttering happens with the legacy build? Do all your friends use Windows 10 64 Bit? Any possible common hardware?

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: playful playful
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 02:02:28 PM »
<buttIn>

@Eli, I've run it on 64 bit windows 10 without the issue, so that's not the problem. All the PCs I've played it on have Nvidea graphics cards. So maybe the issue is with onboard graphics. Maybe it's specifically on-board graphics for either amd or intel boards.

(Hope that helps you narrow down the potential issue)

</buttIn>

Eli

• Tier 7
  • Det. Meddlesome
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 02:29:46 PM »
Thanks a lot, Legacy!

It seems at least in one case someone had this issue with AMD RX 480, so maybe AMD GPUs are related to this issue.
Also most say they have the same issue with To the Moon too, while at least one user reported no issue with To the Moon!

Eli

• Tier 7
  • Det. Meddlesome
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2018, 06:25:31 AM »
Well, it took me long enough to find a fix for the message box not moving with the camera movement, but it seems I was able to fix it, please try the updated alternative build on Windows now ^^
(So far German and English builds have this fix).

* Recent Media

Johnny and River

Views: 258
Posted by: chronotron12
in: To the Moon
Eva and Neil plushies

Views: 368
Posted by: kikikai
in: To the Moon