Author Topic: An old lighthouse hoping to reconnect . . . hopefully in a more lasting way.  (Read 1693 times)

Amaranth

• I'm back and better than ever!
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Uh, hi.

Life is a thing, and so I got a bit distant, even when I didn't want to. I remember I posted something like this a few years back, but then I got distracted again. I'm probably more put-together now than I have been in ages---or at least I'm trying to be. I've always had trouble forging lasting connections, but my fond memories of Freebird brought me back again.

My username as displayed is Amaranth, but before anyone new starts thinking I'm the Aveyond creator, that's not me. I just liked the meaning behind amaranth when I was trying to come up with a forum name back in the day. (During my last visit I changed it to a more recently-used name, but folks got confused, IIRC, so I changed it back.)

TL;DR: My name is Charlotte, so feel free to call me that if you want. Or call me Amaranth if you're used to it. Whatever works.

I also finally picked up To the Moon and A Bird Story during Steam's summer sale and thoroughly enjoyed both. The funny part is that back in my college days---probably sometime before or after my last visit (I can't remember)---I found out I'm an Aspie. So To the Moon has even more meaning for me than it would've otherwise.  Everyone who worked on it and tested it has my deepest gratitude.

I'm done with school for now, but I'm still trying to understand myself about six years later. I finally have a paying job, and I hope it'll be a stepping stone I can use to get where I want to be. I'm working on writing.

P.S: If anyone's over on Lemmasoft, I have an account there too because I want to create things, and learn from those who already know what they're doing. (Different username, though---PM me if you want to know.)
Check out the Letter--->Word Abbreviation thread for some fun!

Examples of my skills:

Hallelujah! A xylophone orgasmed recently.

Actually, geriatric gigolos can still have dalliances.

A really muscular, super-tough, reliable older nutty guy.

Ruben

• ~True Remembrance~
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • :)
Oh, I remember you back from 2010. :) Good to have you aboard again! It's always a joy to see somefrom from the old guard coming back.

Thunderbird

• 雷の鳥
  • Tier 7
  • Flame Haze
Welcome back ^^
Amaranth is also a song from nightwish I really like :3
The forum is a bit quiet at the moment, but I'm sure FP release will bring a bit of frish wind.
Even if you are nothing more than a drop in a bucket...
Every drop leaves ripples.

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
  • Current Mood: creative creative
Hey welcome back. I'm a new member that doesn't know a lot of the older people here but it's good to see someone return :)

Glad to hear you enjoyed To the Moon.

Yes the forums are a bit dead right now, aren't they? But like Thunderbird said, hopefully Finding Paradise will change that :)

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: playful playful
I was about to be like "WOH! THE AVEYOND LADY!" Then you clarified XD

Welcome back!

Double A

• Tier 6
  • Double double
  • Current Mood: tired tired
Welcome back I suppose! Like Dragon Mage, I'm also a fairly new member. But it feels nice for me to meet one of the older members of this forum. And I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the games.  :)

Programming is hard!!   T_T

Amaranth

• I'm back and better than ever!
  • Tier 7
Thanks, folks. :) (Sorry for the delayed reply! I got busy with work and other stuff.)
Check out the Letter--->Word Abbreviation thread for some fun!

Examples of my skills:

Hallelujah! A xylophone orgasmed recently.

Actually, geriatric gigolos can still have dalliances.

A really muscular, super-tough, reliable older nutty guy.

Mobbstar

• Tier 3
    • Klei Forums profile
Re: An old lighthouse hoping to reconnect
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2016, 11:32:17 AM »
Hello! I am a person you won't really expect to see at all.

...Yes.
You can contact me faster via Discord or Steam. Ask for my account name if you care.

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
  • Current Mood: creative creative
Oh don't worry about him Amarath. He's a newbie *slowly pushes out of thread* (Jk Mobb XD )

Eli

• Tier 7
  • Det. Meddlesome
  • Current Mood: tired tired
Welcome back Amaranth, I wasn't active back then when you used to be active, but I have seen some of your posts in the past few years when I was reading old topics :)

Wyndfal

• Tier 6
  • I don't believe in the internet.
Oh my god! It's really you!  :o Welcome back, Amaranth. :)

I remember seeing a lot of your posts when I first registered in the forums in 2012 (you were already long gone by that time). Like Eli, I used to search the forums for older posts to get to know the Elders better, but then I noticed that the one with the very promising personal text "I'm back and better than ever!" wasn't going to come back after all. But now it seems the spell has been finally broken. And I'm excited to see what you're capable of. Also souvenirs, lots o' them. :P

Now the question is, are you really "better than ever"?  :3
But I do believe in ham.

* Recent Media

x-mas art

Views: 185
Posted by: cydriex
in: Freebird Games - Fan Works
For River

Views: 361
Posted by: Animefox
in: To the Moon