Author Topic: Minor dialogue mix-up?  (Read 2375 times)

EatingToastYay

• Tier 6
  • You are what you eat.
    • My DeviantArt
  • Current Mood: thoughtful thoughtful
Minor dialogue mix-up?
« on: July 15, 2016, 09:15:14 AM »
This is really small, just letting ya know that on the Mac version of To The Moon on Steam, during the scene when the doctors are about to start into John's memories, the dialogue boxes are labeled differently from the character they appear over. If the player chose Eva to look around, the scene has an Eva dialogue over Neil:

and vice versa.

Kyo

• no title at all
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: evil evil
Re: Minor dialogue mix-up?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 10:41:17 AM »
Yeah, I noticed this. I fixed it in the Polish version.

Spoiler: show
Which means the Polish version is objectively superior as it doesn't have any text-related mistakes.

EatingToastYay

• Tier 6
  • You are what you eat.
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 12:15:45 PM »
oh noooooo  :o jk it's not life or death  :P Also "meteoroid" is spelled "meteroid" the first time the doctors go up the stairs to John's room! I always wondered why a lot of Let's Players on YouTube had misspoken it as "Metroid"  :3

FirmlyGroundedAspie

• Tier 2
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2016, 03:11:16 PM »
It's possible it's been discussed before, but in the scene where River first begins to make Origami rabbits, John clearly states that she went out to have her hair cut, but the clippings, we are told, are in a basket near the wall.

EatingToastYay

• Tier 6
  • You are what you eat.
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2016, 09:13:51 PM »
It was his question, "You went out for a haircut this early in the morning?" So he wasn't entirely sure, but probably assumed it at first because most people don't cut their hair themselves, or because River normally goes out to trim her hair. He likely noticed the bucket with her hair in it after he saw her making the rabbits and conversed with her.
I'm not entirely sure why she chose to cut her hair herself; perhaps she didn't want to take the time to drive to a salon because she wanted to start folding the bunnies straight away? Though I know why she cut her hair. Maybe it was that important to her, and she wouldn't let anyone else do it for her.

Eli

• Tier 7
  • Det. Meddlesome
  • Current Mood: tired tired
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2016, 03:41:04 PM »
Nice catch, EatingToastYay!

I tried it and could reproduce it on my side, but I also tried the DRM-free Windows version of the game (the one that got released on Gog) and on Windows it wrongfully writes "Dr. Rosalene" too, with the difference that on Windows the message bubble correctly displays above Neil's head, while on Mac it is displayed at his left.
I have also tried it with the Steam (Windows) version (I guess it is more updated), and it still shows Dr. Rosalene (my save file may be influencing it, but the same save file displays it correctly with the Polish language).

If you press fn-F7 when you launch the game, you can choose "polski", then you will see that on Mac the correct name gets displayed too.
Which gets me to the point:
Spoiler: show
Kyo's translation has made the game objectively superior on all platforms!  8)

Tinnakon

• Tier 1
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2018, 02:44:46 AM »
The game is still playing a fascinating puzzle.

* Recent Media