Author Topic: Bits of Toast  (Read 4459 times)

Mobbstar

• Tier 3
    • Klei Forums profile
Re: Bits of Toast
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2017, 11:09:44 PM »
Reminds me I should learn to sketch shading. That are grade A sketches you got there!
You can contact me faster via Discord or Steam. Ask for my account name if you care.

EatingToastYay

• Tier 5
  • You are what you eat.
    • My DeviantArt
  • Current Mood: creative creative
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2017, 10:01:51 AM »
Reminds me I should learn to sketch shading. That are grade A sketches you got there!
Hm, maybe you should put a thread up on the CS too!

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2017, 10:23:32 PM »
That's lovely! :)

I'd like yo see your take on the Quintessence characters one day but... one thing at a time ^^;

EatingToastYay

• Tier 5
  • You are what you eat.
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2017, 05:34:43 PM »

I'd like yo see your take on the Quintessence characters one day but... one thing at a time ^^;
Hm, maybe (after Black Hawk, of course)
Are there any sprite sheets or references you could point me to for Quintessence characters?

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2017, 03:35:17 AM »

Hm, maybe (after Black Hawk, of course)
Are there any sprite sheets or references you could point me to for Quintessence characters?
You can probably ask Kan or Thunderbird.

Y'know, Lunair actually turns into a black hawk in-game (infact, that's where the idea for such an OC came from... except he's a bad guy :/ )

EatingToastYay

• Tier 5
  • You are what you eat.
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2017, 09:27:11 AM »
Sounds good!

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2017, 09:38:55 AM »
Not sure which ones you'd be looking for, but here're some! :) Let me know if there's anyone not there you wanted:

EatingToastYay

• Tier 5
  • You are what you eat.
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2017, 09:43:52 PM »
Oh, that's really helpful! Thanks Reives  :seraismile:

So now y'all can have Quintessence fanart!
I should be sleeping rn, but I made this sketch of Lunair instead:

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2017, 01:43:38 AM »
I love it! *u*

EatingToastYay

• Tier 5
  • You are what you eat.
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2017, 01:09:34 PM »
Y'know, Valentine's Day is one of those weird holidays. I don't think it's mainly celebrated for religious reasons, though it's named after a saint (who died a horrible death bc he was performing marriage ceremonies in Rome. Very romantic).
Maybe the best description of my feelings toward it is "ambivalence".
On one hand, it's really cute to see couples giving each other stuff and hanging out. Any day that celebrates love (especially with the current climate of discontent and violence in my country) is much appreciated.
On the other, though, it's been heavily commercialized, and most businesses are less interested in promoting a love life than they are in selling you something, whether or not it's even related to relationships. Sometimes it seems like the gifts and materials matter more than actual affection.

The Flying Marlin

• Tier 5
  • Current Mood: unmotivated unmotivated
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2017, 06:39:56 PM »
Y'know, Valentine's Day is one of those weird holidays. I don't think it's mainly celebrated for religious reasons, though it's named after a saint (who died a horrible death bc he was performing marriage ceremonies in Rome. Very romantic).
Maybe the best description of my feelings toward it is "ambivalence".
On one hand, it's really cute to see couples giving each other stuff and hanging out. Any day that celebrates love (especially with the current climate of discontent and violence in my country) is much appreciated.
On the other, though, it's been heavily commercialized, and most businesses are less interested in promoting a love life than they are in selling you something, whether or not it's even related to relationships. Sometimes it seems like the gifts and materials matter more than actual affection.

I don't mean to sound like a downer, but I have a totally different view on Valentine's day. And I'm aware that this might not be the best place/time to post this.

Maybe the best description of my feelings toward it is "hatred". :P

I understand how many people think it's "cute" with all the celebrations of love, particularly romantic love. However, as someone who's deeply struggled with social situations and has absolutely no dating experience, Valentine's Day sometimes feels like the rest of the world is showing off. And it really doesn't help that Valentine's Day is promoted almost literally everywhere, making it virtually impossible to escape it. Especially since I'm at a point in my life where I feel like I'm expected to have some romantic experience, and that people might judge me for not having any experience whatsoever. And while I'm fully aware that everyone who promotes it does so with the best of intentions, it often feels like Valentine's Day is the world's way of punishing me for having severe social anxiety. And it often gives the vibe that people who are in relationships are inherently better than those who are not. And I'm sure that there are many other people who feel the same way about Valentine's Day.

I'm not too concerned about its commercialization, save for the fact that the commercialization perpetuates the exclusivity. At least with holidays with religious origins (e.g. Christmas, Easter), the commercialization causes the holidays to be more open to everyone.

But I guess it's nice that there's a holiday that promotes love in this political climate :)

I know that this might have sounded incredibly selfish and angsty, but part of me felt like I had to share it. I truly wish I had a more positive view on Valentine's Day. Sorry for the depressing rant :P

Mobbstar

• Tier 3
    • Klei Forums profile
« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2017, 11:11:22 PM »
I don't mean to sound like a downer, but I have a totally different view on Valentine's day. And I'm aware that this might not be the best place/time to post this.

I completely and utterly agree, actually. But what you didn't mention is why it is bad for couples too. If the two of you are still in the "trying out" phase, the massive pressure and emphasis on the day can easily force you to make a too fast move, do something silly and break up. I've seen it happen to friends. And even if you are a loving couple already, you shouldn't put too much faith into that one day. Love your dearheart any day of the week. Give him/her gifts on his/her own birth- or namesday, but not some silly, overrated holiday.

In writing this, I realised I always hate the current holiday for some reason, but never mind it during the rest of the year. Wow.
You can contact me faster via Discord or Steam. Ask for my account name if you care.

Kyo

• no title at all
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: evil evil
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2017, 01:09:15 AM »
ITT: NORMIES REEEE

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2017, 02:29:22 AM »
I don't mind Valentines Day (Though it does remind me that I'm alone ::) )

I mean, I get to see more shippy fanart of game characters more than usual. I just forgot to draw my own Valentines Day thing ._.

EatingToastYay

• Tier 5
  • You are what you eat.
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2017, 07:36:16 AM »
Hey, I don't mind hearing different opinions on it!  :seraismile:
I've never cared much for anything society wants to throw at me. Probably got that from my dad (though I seem to have gotten his anitsocial streak as well, so. Eh).
I mean, Valentine's Day is one day out of 365(or 366). I don't think it matters what you're doing on that day more than any other. It's more important to live a life through the year where you do good and help other people in your own way, from minding the store to engineering rocket-ships  :3
My parents grew up in a country that resented them for their race. My father was born wealthy, so he avoided most of the troubles (other than the fact that learning Chinese languages was illegal during that time, and he was segregated into an all-Chinese school) but my mother and her family had their shop (and house bc it was on the second/third floors) damaged several times over the years by mobs due to the tensions at that time.
When they moved to America, they believed my sister's life and mine would be far better than theirs. Despite the current shenanigans going on, that has mostly held true. I mean, we've never been assaulted or robbed, and if the school I go to taught Mandarin (which it doesn't, only Spanish and French) I could learn it if I wanted to. Obviously, it's still not the best place ever. No one really cares that the way I grew up is different from the way they did; they just expect me to be like everyone else, and think it's bizarre when I bring a food they don't recognize to lunch or say that my zodiac is an animal. My sister, who tries harder to fit in (though she likes to pretend she doesn't care) has probably been affected worse by alienation.
But I can't forget that I'm still fortunate to be here. It doesn't matter that I'm alone. It doesn't matter that I'm different.

Because I am undefinable, not by any day, not by a "single" or "taken" status, not by any privilege or disadvantage, not by any label society assigns.  8)
So are all of you!

Soo, stay crispy and don't get burnt  :kardiansmile:

* Recent Media

x-mas art

Views: 112
Posted by: cydriex
in: Freebird Games - Fan Works
For River

Views: 228
Posted by: Animefox
in: To the Moon