Author Topic: Fanstuffs for SIGCORP  (Read 23052 times)

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
  • Current Mood: creative creative
Re: Fanstuffs for SIGCORP
« Reply #135 on: December 26, 2016, 02:53:17 PM »
Couldn't he stuff some into his pockets? :P

If the fanfics are not too long, I wouldn't mind reading it :)

Also while we're on the subject, did you read the (horribly depressing) fanfic, Letter?

EatingToastYay

• Tier 5
  • You are what you eat.
    • My DeviantArt
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #136 on: December 31, 2016, 08:42:11 PM »

Also while we're on the subject, did you read the (horribly depressing) fanfic, Letter?
:seraismile: That was yours, DM, yeah? Coolio, I remember reading it a while ago, but went over it again today. I think it's really interesting how the SigCorp employees and their relationships can be interpreted in such different ways! The back and forth letters between Neil and Eva are also a neat concept, though admittedly I didn't fully grasp how Neil gave her his letter and its contents, which seem to come directly from him in wherever that nice place with his grandfather may be (dead, of course) and why they both refer to it as simply visiting instead of permanently being there; it is true that some religions believe in reincarnation, meaning he would be born again and "return" to the world, but then that raises the question of why his grandfather is still not reincarnated, and if he is in nirvana or the equivalent, then it would mean that Neil has escaped the cycle of rebirth and he would not return... ??? I think I'm running myself in pointless circles over a minor detail, though.
On a different note about the story, the replacement of Neil with Jeremy makes me think about the circumstances that caused Roxanne to become Rob's partner. There seems to be a pretty big age gap between the two of them, and Rob seems to be experienced in the field while Roxie is still fairly new to the company at the time of the first minisode. This would have to have meant that something happened to Rob's previous partner, like how it occurs with Neil and Eva in your fiction?

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #137 on: January 01, 2017, 04:02:48 AM »

:seraismile: That was yours, DM, yeah? Coolio, I remember reading it a while ago, but went over it again today. I think it's really interesting how the SigCorp employees and their relationships can be interpreted in such different ways! The back and forth letters between Neil and Eva are also a neat concept, though admittedly I didn't fully grasp how Neil gave her his letter and its contents, which seem to come directly from him in wherever that nice place with his grandfather may be (dead, of course) and why they both refer to it as simply visiting instead of permanently being there; it is true that some religions believe in reincarnation, meaning he would be born again and "return" to the world, but then that raises the question of why his grandfather is still not reincarnated, and if he is in nirvana or the equivalent, then it would mean that Neil has escaped the cycle of rebirth and he would not return... ??? I think I'm running myself in pointless circles over a minor detail, though.
On a different note about the story, the replacement of Neil with Jeremy makes me think about the circumstances that caused Roxanne to become Rob's partner. There seems to be a pretty big age gap between the two of them, and Rob seems to be experienced in the field while Roxie is still fairly new to the company at the time of the first minisode. This would have to have meant that something happened to Rob's previous partner, like how it occurs with Neil and Eva in your fiction?
Seems you have a lot of questions that need to be cleared up.

First off, Neil and his grandfather are, not to be subtle, dead and in heaven. Neil's letter was kinda a hypothetical thing, though I was trying to make it seem casual and hide the point that Neil has passed away till the right time.

Also, Jeremy was just a random name I thought up. A background character with an optimistic perk, nothing else. Nothing happened with the other doctors, I just imagine Roxie and Eddie being the funny guys around the office (remember when Eddie was drunk?)

That's about it I think.

EatingToastYay

• Tier 5
  • You are what you eat.
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #138 on: January 01, 2017, 05:53:54 PM »
Also, Jeremy was just a random name I thought up. A background character with an optimistic perk, nothing else. Nothing happened with the other doctors, I just imagine Roxie and Eddie being the funny guys around the office (remember when Eddie was drunk?)

Oh, I was referring to the canon of SC in general, and wondering why Rob and Roxie were paired with each other in the first place. Seems like an interesting story to learn, though I suppose we never will...

The offices must be used to death, huh? It seems like instead of retiring, most agents work until they die of old age.
No one notes that it is unusual for Willis and Taima to still be working, after all. Lisa and Eva just say that they've been working too hard; Lisa says she doesn't think she'd be able to perform the procedure on the McMillans when the time comes (it's implied that Eva and Neil will do it), but it doesn't seem like anything new to her. Eva is uneasy about it; she and Neil were probably the ones to replace the last team and didn't experience their loss, since all of the offices are currently full, and Alistair (a nod to TtM's first fan-fiction by Merlan) seems to have left (...or died, but that doesn't line up with Eva's reluctance to face the reality of Willis and Taima's eventual deaths) and been replaced with Logan soon after TtM.

This is what I think is weird about Rob(spoiler tab in case ya just wanna skip, it's probably only important to me lol):
Spoiler: show
All of the other reindeer sets of partners are close to the same age as each other. It sort of appears as if whenever a team dies, an new one is hired, with most people coming from the same age group of mid/late-20s to early 30s, and probably straight from university after attaining a doctorate, curious and not knowing any better than to apply, like Eva, who thought the job was widely respected due to its ideals.
So then, why is he a different age than Roxanne? It's still possible that he was just hired with her later than is typical, but then he wouldn't have the authority to chew out Neil, as Roxie was obviously hired after Neil and Eva (when she tries to give directions to the meeting room, Neil says, "dudette, I've worked here for years" and it wouldn't have made any sense to say that if she already knew) and it seems that experience is required to gain credibility of advice in their job.
Was there just no one else qualified or willing to become an agent until the time around which Eva, Neil, Logan, and Roxanne are hired in relatively quick succession? Or was there something else that happened?

Also, in regards to Roxanne being cheerful after Neil's death, she could definitely a driving force to keep the office going! She's full of energy  ;) but I feel, a little, that something is a bit off with her in the SC universe as well?

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #139 on: January 01, 2017, 08:12:41 PM »

Oh, I was referring to the canon of SC in general, and wondering why Rob and Roxie were paired with each other in the first place. Seems like an interesting story to learn, though I suppose we never will...

The offices must be used to death, huh? It seems like instead of retiring, most agents work until they die of old age.
No one notes that it is unusual for Willis and Taima to still be working, after all. Lisa and Eva just say that they've been working too hard; Lisa says she doesn't think she'd be able to perform the procedure on the McMillans when the time comes (it's implied that Eva and Neil will do it), but it doesn't seem like anything new to her. Eva is uneasy about it; she and Neil were probably the ones to replace the last team and didn't experience their loss, since all of the offices are currently full, and Alistair (a nod to TtM's first fan-fiction by Merlan) seems to have left (...or died, but that doesn't line up with Eva's reluctance to face the reality of Willis and Taima's eventual deaths) and been replaced with Logan soon after TtM.

This is what I think is weird about Rob(spoiler tab in case ya just wanna skip, it's probably only important to me lol):
Spoiler: show
All of the other reindeer sets of partners are close to the same age as each other. It sort of appears as if whenever a team dies, an new one is hired, with most people coming from the same age group of mid/late-20s to early 30s, and probably straight from university after attaining a doctorate, curious and not knowing any better than to apply, like Eva, who thought the job was widely respected due to its ideals.
So then, why is he a different age than Roxanne? It's still possible that he was just hired with her later than is typical, but then he wouldn't have the authority to chew out Neil, as Roxie was obviously hired after Neil and Eva (when she tries to give directions to the meeting room, Neil says, "dudette, I've worked here for years" and it wouldn't have made any sense to say that if she already knew) and it seems that experience is required to gain credibility of advice in their job.
Was there just no one else qualified or willing to become an agent until the time around which Eva, Neil, Logan, and Roxanne are hired in relatively quick succession? Or was there something else that happened?

Also, in regards to Roxanne being cheerful after Neil's death, she could definitely a driving force to keep the office going! She's full of energy  ;) but I feel, a little, that something is a bit off with her in the SC universe as well?
Maybe it was by chance they got paired?

I heard Alistar was moved to another Sigmund Corp of something like that?

Whether they had great character development in the minisodes or not, we don't particularly know that much about the characters. Though I guess I could have changed Roxie a little bit to be more sorrowful about his death or even implied that more time had passed than originally thought. I just thought it's be nice to have a bit of light-heartedness in the whole thing. Then again, I wrote this ages ago (June 2015 according to FF) so ofcourse there was gonna be some questions here and there.

EatingToastYay

• Tier 5
  • You are what you eat.
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #140 on: January 02, 2017, 12:13:24 PM »
Maybe it was by chance they got paired?

I heard Alistar was moved to another Sigmund Corp of something like that?

Whether they had great character development in the minisodes or not, we don't particularly know that much about the characters. Though I guess I could have changed Roxie a little bit to be more sorrowful about his death or even implied that more time had passed than originally thought. I just thought it's be nice to have a bit of light-heartedness in the whole thing. Then again, I wrote this ages ago (June 2015 according to FF) so ofcourse there was gonna be some questions here and there.
Yeah, time sure does fly. Now it's 2017!

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #141 on: January 03, 2017, 02:32:59 AM »
Heh in a year, this would be considered ancient (and wrong :P )

EatingToastYay

• Tier 5
  • You are what you eat.
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #142 on: January 04, 2017, 07:13:03 PM »

Heh in a year, this would be considered ancient (and wrong :P )

Aw, DM  D: (jk that is very true  :kardiansmile: )

I feel as if I've already drawn them like this...
must
be
more
creative!!!

Also I probably would have been okay if I'd risked drawing Eva's right hand, but now it just looks awkward bc I was like "noo it will be bad" and didn't even try  :seraisweat:

Maybe it'd be nice to draw everyone like this though...
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 07:30:14 PM by EatingToastYay »

Mobbstar

• Tier 3
    • Klei Forums profile
« Reply #143 on: January 05, 2017, 01:21:51 AM »
Doctor Rosewell and dorktor Watts, wonderful couple! I love the shiny, but Eva seriously needs to learn to not wear bright colourful shirts under a coat.
You can contact me faster via Discord or Steam. Ask for my account name if you care.

EatingToastYay

• Tier 5
  • You are what you eat.
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #144 on: January 06, 2017, 11:32:36 AM »
 Yeah, I can't quite remember the color of Eva's shirt. Maybe it was too bright  :P

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #145 on: January 08, 2017, 03:15:40 AM »
Well you could probably look it up. I just tried and it's either green or blue (or cyan) :deepstuff:

EatingToastYay

• Tier 5
  • You are what you eat.
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #146 on: January 08, 2017, 08:46:58 AM »
Well you could probably look it up. I just tried and it's either green or blue (or cyan) :deepstuff:
I think I ended up somewhere in the middle of blue and green, so... I probably should have actually checked first. It's not too far off, though.

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #147 on: January 09, 2017, 10:25:13 PM »
I think I ended up somewhere in the middle of blue and green, so... I probably should have actually checked first. It's not too far off, though.
I think blue would work better with the white and yellow of her shirt than the green but that's just my speculation on it.

EatingToastYay

• Tier 5
  • You are what you eat.
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #148 on: January 10, 2017, 05:49:09 PM »
I think blue would work better with the white and yellow of her shirt than the green but that's just my speculation on it.
Perhaps, but that specific color scheme is more identified with River, so maybe it was green after all? I remember Eva wasn't wearing her lab coat at the end of the second minisode, but it was dark in the room, so the lighting may have messed with the colors.

EatingToastYay

• Tier 5
  • You are what you eat.
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #149 on: January 13, 2017, 09:36:30 PM »
Finished a sketch of Roxanne, made it as vectors in Scratch in speed-paint form: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/139245637/

* Recent Media

x-mas art

Views: 147
Posted by: cydriex
in: Freebird Games - Fan Works
For River

Views: 293
Posted by: Animefox
in: To the Moon