Author Topic: Finding Paradise pre-theories  (Read 43864 times)

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
  • Current Mood: creative creative
Finding Paradise pre-theories
« on: November 08, 2014, 12:47:59 AM »
OK for those of you who have played through A Bird Story will already know that the name for TtM's sequel is Finding Paradise. While Kan rests up a bit I thought maybe we could come up with pre-theories for the game. (A Bird Story theories are also welcome :) ) After I played ABS I thought about how the title of the games are linked with the plot so my theory is maybe Finding Paradise has to do with the protagonist wanting to go somewhere or find something. I'm not sure if it's to do with the bird at all but I'm sure we'll see him in the sequel as well.

Dev J Chand

• Tier 5
  • Wacky Cynic
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: Finding Paradise pre-theories
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 01:39:46 AM »
Well, I'm just partway through the game, but to me it seemed that the whole thing was basically about a boy thinking about his life through a dream. It had the same sort of black outlines for people he didn't remember well, lights flashing at certain moments, etc. If anything, I feel this is part of the boy's story told from his perspective, and To The Moon 2 will show off a bit of this part, as well as some other moments of his life from the doctor's perspective.

Mav

• Tier 2
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 03:23:15 AM »
My theory is that this boy is Neil Watts and he will be next patient in Finding Paradise. This boy wanted to help this bird as Neil wanted to help people as a doctor. Furthermore, Neil took some pills at the end of To The Moon, so I assume that he is sick somehow. Theories, theories... ;)

Dev J Chand

• Tier 5
  • Wacky Cynic
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2014, 03:27:43 AM »
My theory is that this boy is Neil Watts and he will be next patient in Finding Paradise.

Theory debunked by Kan. Neil Watts is going to be a doctor in the next installment alongside Eva.

Here's the post hinting that:

https://www.facebook.com/FreebirdGames/posts/1251874908161470

Sun

• Tier 6
  • Person of personness
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2014, 03:29:41 AM »
Dragon Mage, good idea about what he wants already showing here. Makes me think, he kept on dreaming of flight. Both by making those paper planes and imagining flying through the air on them.
And the bird he found tied into this idea of flight ... hmmm. And when he found the bird, it couldn't fly. But thanks to his good care, in the end, it was able to fly ... and gave him another paper plane, maybe so as to say "And this is so you can fly, too."
I bet it will be about him wishing to fly. Or finding a kind of freedom he never had in his life. He sure seemed to have a very playful mind, but it all stayed mostly imagination, apart from the bird making his dream come true in a way.

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2014, 03:56:05 AM »
I bet it will be about him wishing to fly. Or finding a kind of freedom he never had in his life. He sure seemed to have a very playful mind, but it all stayed mostly imagination
This is a really good theory. I imagined his wish would be something like that, givin the name of the title.

Kyo

• no title at all
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: evil evil
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2014, 05:03:09 AM »
I have a theory that the winged trauma led the boy to develop a deep hatred for birds. Finding Paradise will be a first person shooter, in which we will be playing as the boy (now an adult) that travels the world in his obsession to shoot all the birds out of existence.

That's the first half of the game. In the second one, we'll play as the doctors, trying to fulfill the wish of the last bird in the world (the one from ABS, of course), who's dying out of its wounds.

I have yet to discover what is its wish.

Spoiler: show
I heard that the sequel is actually going to have a subtitle. Finding Paradise: Modern Warfare. And it will run on Unreal Engine 5.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 05:08:30 AM by Kyo »

Dev J Chand

• Tier 5
  • Wacky Cynic
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2014, 05:57:19 AM »
I have a theory that the winged trauma led the boy to develop a deep hatred for birds. Finding Paradise will be a first person shooter, in which we will be playing as the boy (now an adult) that travels the world in his obsession to shoot all the birds out of existence.

I thought you'd be suggesting this:

I'm disappointed. :P

Dev J Chand

• Tier 5
  • Wacky Cynic
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2014, 08:43:45 AM »
Just finished the game, and I'm sure of one thing:

The doctors are going to mess up this boy's memories very badly. This boy will prove to be a very resistant patient, and he'll defy a lot of their attempts to try and re write the memory. That's the only way the veterinary doctor barging into the boy's room makes any sense. Or that whole escape attempt with the book plane convertible. :P

Frostyflytrap

• Tier 2
  • What should I write here? I'm really confused now.
  • Current Mood: alright alright
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2014, 11:39:19 AM »
I have loads of theories on what A Bird Story's fantasy parts mean.
In the parts where he rides the big paper airplane and helps the bird search for other nest, I presume they were looking for the bird's family. But at the end of that scene, the boy returns to the balcony and all the pieces of paper from the plane fly back into his notebook. Which I think may be hinting that his voyage was all in the book, all his imagination, all was written on paper or drawn on paper. That only explains the first scene with the paper plane, but the second one where he uses it to run away, I'm not so sure yet.  :-\

fay_envoy

• Tier 3
  • Fay is fay forever.
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2014, 06:49:01 PM »
My theory is here:
The boy's birdie has been dead before (there's a scene said A thunder hit paperplane and they're fall into the ground.)
And a long pariod he had been not see the birdie.
So he's last wish is found a paradise with him and birdie, and find his birdie.
Last screen, he had been seen the birdie again, may be edited by two doctors.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 03:38:38 AM by fay_envoy »

Jesicani

• Tier 3
  • Current Mood: blank blank
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2014, 08:24:13 PM »
I haven't completed ABS yet, but I do want to contribute to this thread XD. Judging from what I've played so far, he does seem to interpret the world differently than that of a "normal" (quotations because what is normal is ultimately subjective) person.

School is like a jungle to him, when he goes off the beaten path its as if the trees move for him, etc.

Why he does this could be a product of either two things:
1. It's simply because he is a child (but of course accepting this notion means that I have no theory to contribute)
2. Some form of mental condition

In the first game, we observed a character who had Asperger's, which was River, but It wasn't her mind we were exploring, it was Johnny's. I wouldn't be too surprised if we were to delve into the memories of someone with a similar condition to that of River's.

Also, according to the Wikipedia page, those with Asperger's "often display intense interests". From what I've seen form the character in ABS, he has a very intense interest in flying.

The wikipedia page also states that, "They may be poorly coordinated, or have an odd or bouncy gait or posture, poor handwriting, or problems with visual-motor integration." And in the short amount of time that I played, I've seen the character fall a few times.

But, I still can't say with absolute confidence that the patient in Finding Paradise will have Asperger's. Firstly because interpreting the world around you in near-fantastical ways is not a symptom associated with Asperger's from what I've seen in my 1-minute research. It's just a possibility I thought I should put forth.
Relish Dyrone's hype!

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2014, 10:20:51 PM »
OK I just played A Bird Story through again and another theory came to mind. I thought since most of the game is based off the kids imagination, the beginning is real and the boy is still waiting for the bird to return. The ending could just be what he wished had happened but never did. Perhaps the bird did die but we're not sure how (since the giant paper plane is obviously just the boys imagination). It could of accidentally fell from the balcony trying to fly for all we know. I know it's a kind of depressing theory but that's just what I think.

playit17

• Tier 1
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2014, 02:25:44 PM »
My theory is that his final wish is to see the bird one more time. So they need to find where the bird went therefore "Finding Paradise"

fay_envoy

• Tier 3
  • Fay is fay forever.
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2014, 07:38:18 PM »
New theory appeared!
Almost all of the A BIRD STORY is a dream.
From the boy once fall asleep(Watch the papers on the desk), The dream happened in the birdie who will come before.
And the strange things and what happen is the dream.
Till the desktop has been place more and more paper, some birdie whistling woke him up --- and everyone know what happened!
So the real time of the story is only ONE night and ONE morning!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 07:41:40 PM by fay_envoy »

* Recent Media