Author Topic: To The Moon Movie!  (Read 46422 times)

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
  • Current Mood: creative creative
Re: To The Moon Movie!
« Reply #195 on: February 22, 2016, 01:26:29 PM »

This can't be real. If it was, we would have known/found out about it in the last two years -_- unfortunately, it's no where near as popular as FNAF (which is actually getting a movie I might add) therefore, cannot be real :-\ sorry to be a Lunair in this situation.

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #196 on: February 22, 2016, 03:17:28 PM »
It's confirmed; Quentin Tarantino had some tough requests for changes in the script but once I approved them he was good to go.

If you were reading between the lines, I actually did hint at it a while back, along with the actor who'll be playing the docs:
https://www.facebook.com/FreebirdGames/photos/a.271787352836902.91072.257613620920942/1251876614827966/?type=3&theater

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #197 on: February 22, 2016, 04:21:50 PM »
Hm I'm still a bit skeptical but I guess we'll see. I just hope it isn't complete crap like some other movie adaptations.

Kyo

• no title at all
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: evil evil
« Reply #198 on: February 23, 2016, 07:08:18 AM »
Hm I'm still a bit skeptical but I guess we'll see. I just hope it isn't complete crap like some other movie adaptations.
You're like a fish that jumps out of the water of its own free will, eats a fisherman's bait before he could even ready his fishing rod and then crawls right into his basket, waiting patiently to be cooked. No challenge at all.

Sun

• Tier 5
« Reply #199 on: February 23, 2016, 01:44:53 PM »
You're like a fish that jumps out of the water of its own free will, eats a fisherman's bait before he could even ready his fishing rod and then crawls right into his basket, waiting patiently to be cooked. No challenge at all.
The bait was out though.

If Tarantino made a movie version of TtM, who knows whether he'd introduce a few more characters just so they could die in over-the-top gory ways.

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #200 on: February 23, 2016, 02:11:25 PM »
No, I'm pretty sure you're referring to The Flying Marlin :P

EatingToastYay

• Tier 5
  • You are what you eat.
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #201 on: July 07, 2016, 12:26:26 PM »
Is it fine that the topic is like a couple of months old now? There's this warning that it's giving me in scary red...

To The Moon could look cool as an animated film; it would give it the same throwback kind of feel as the RPG-Maker graphics of the game. I think the most obvious trouble is getting someone to actually animate it, and to compound the problem, the length of the game as it stands.
There are 52 scenes (think along lines of grouped dialogue and animations) in To The Moon!:
1. Intro + Meet the Doctors
2. "Boulder"
3. John's House / Lily and the Kids
4. Playing Detective
5. I thought you liked role-playing?
6. Abandoned Lighthouse
7. Into the Memory
8. Meeting Johnny
9. Empty House full of Folded Paper
10. She won't be alone anymore
11. "For River" / River's Wish
12. The Incomplete House
13. Good News at a Get-Together / Pickled Olives
14. Anya
15. Rabbits
16. Confession (It's just a part of it)
17. Bookstore / Acting
18. The Wedding
19. The Village Idiot / Take Me Anywhere
20. Diagnosis (I'd rather not)
21. Movie Night
22. Asking River Out
23. "I know what I need..."
24. Childhood Home
25. Soccer Ball (aka football)
26. Transferral
27. Nothing has changed?
28. To The Moon - The Movie
29. The NASA Representative
30. Provocation Montage
31. Calling it a Night
32. Contemplation
33. Lily's Story
34. Hidden Medical Records
35. Roadkill Fetch-quest
36. Painkillers / Excuses, Excuses
37. Destabilization
38. Joey
39. What's mine is yours too
40. The Carnival
41. Stargazer / Coffee Addiction
42. Constellation / Billions of Lighthouses
43. Eva's Plan / Plants vs. Zombievas
44. Changes
45. Everything's Alright
46. Exploring NASA / It's not here
47. Another "River"
48. "To The Moon"
49. Stopping Traffic
50. Launch
51. (Credits)
52. Cliffside(hanger)

Out of all of these, exactly two can be removed without completely compromising the story: 5, the fake role-playing sequence (which doesn't work in the context of a movie anyhow), and scene 36 with the painkillers, to encourage people to play the game to find out instead (I suppose it is a bit mean, but the game should still have things that the movie doesn't).

The scenes are somewhat flexible; they can technically be combined or further separated because each new scene just marks a notable transition either in setting, topic, or both. For example, scene 13 could be categorized as two scenes, one with the actual memory and one with Neil getting the memento from John. And 41 and 42 could be categorized as a single scene instead, but I think there should be some separation between the doctors conversing and the discovery that River appears at the carnival.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 12:28:00 PM by EatingToastYay »
meep meep im a beep

Thunderbird

• 雷の鳥
  • Tier 7
  • Flame Haze
« Reply #202 on: July 07, 2016, 04:54:13 PM »
Is it fine that the topic is like a couple of months old now? There's this warning that it's giving me in scary red...

that's a standard forum feature, if you have something useful to contribute there is no problem with digging up old threads :)
Even if you are nothing more than a drop in a bucket...
Every drop leaves ripples.

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #203 on: July 07, 2016, 05:19:37 PM »
If ya give me a couple years, I might be able to make an animated, movie-ish version of this game. I don't think I wanna leave out any scenes though (like the painkillers one). There are some non-gamers out there that will never know of/play TtM therefore, never get the pain killers part. My movie may be long but it'll be in parts. May even be a couple hours long overall (due to no game play feature) which is a proper length of a movie anyway. The hardest part would be to find voice actors (if I decide to make it a voiced or if it's possible).

Thunderbird

• 雷の鳥
  • Tier 7
  • Flame Haze
« Reply #204 on: July 07, 2016, 06:13:38 PM »
If ya give me a couple years, I might be able to make an animated, movie-ish version of this game. I don't think I wanna leave out any scenes though (like the painkillers one). There are some non-gamers out there that will never know of/play TtM therefore, never get the pain killers part. My movie may be long but it'll be in parts. May even be a couple hours long overall (due to no game play feature) which is a proper length of a movie anyway. The hardest part would be to find voice actors (if I decide to make it a voiced or if it's possible).

Don't bite off more than you can chew ^^
Try making an 1 minute animated short and you will see what I mean.
Creating an multiple hour long animated movie is a major task, even for an experienced animator that settles on low quality.
Even if you are nothing more than a drop in a bucket...
Every drop leaves ripples.

EatingToastYay

• Tier 5
  • You are what you eat.
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #205 on: July 08, 2016, 11:17:31 AM »
Yeah, unfortunately we don't have a huge team of animators, musicians, and tech people like a big animation company would. For one person, all of the character animations, effects, backgrounds, camera movement, editing, audio syncing, etc. mount up to something which approaches impossible. But maybe...it could still be done with a smallish team, with backgrounds commissioned and an orchestra hired. I think it would require a ton of planning in any case!
meep meep im a beep

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #206 on: July 08, 2016, 08:58:15 PM »
Well as time goes on, I could ask for help from other animated experts and such across the internet. If a solo game designer can do it (Yandere Dev) than surely I can do it as well.

TheGamerUnknown100

• Tier 2
« Reply #207 on: January 05, 2017, 03:31:30 PM »
 :pegasled: :pewpewpew: :needshat!: :gothat!:

*BUMP*

losasaurus

• Tier 2
« Reply #208 on: January 17, 2017, 01:31:35 PM »
I imagine the release of Finding Paradise will result in a renewed interest in an adaptation.

TheGamerUnknown100

• Tier 2
« Reply #209 on: May 14, 2017, 11:18:56 AM »
I am back *Bump*

It's been years since I started this thread.... wow... so much has happened....
 :music: :hatsale!:

I wish i was younger again...

* Recent Media

x-mas art

Views: 307
Posted by: cydriex
in: Freebird Games - Fan Works
For River

Views: 548
Posted by: Animefox
in: To the Moon