Community (Misc.) > Creativity Showcase

Let Them Trickle [Short Story]

<< < (2/3) > >>

atommo:
I've just read this and its great! I can't believe I missed this before :reivsweat: I like the way the story develops in a way like a movie keeps referring to a bomb but in the end it fails to cause any major harm. Anyhow, well done on a great story :)

Miss Nile:

--- Quote from: The Tumbleweed on April 10, 2012, 03:48:25 AM ---Wow, I can't believe this is the first reply to such a great story  ???

(Don't look unless you've read)
(click to show/hide)I was convinced from the start that this story was going to be a tragedy, the way Lisianthus dealt with death by practically sending herself to suicide. So when I found out it wasn't a tragedy, that was very refreshing :)

I don't usually enjoy stories set in fantasy worlds such as this, but I genuinely enjoyed it. I can't help but feel that there are some deeper meanings or satirical messages hidden in the text. Such as the way something so big started from a small misunderstanding, or the way that Lisianthus changed throughout the story into the type of person that others saw her as. (Right? Or did I misunderstand?)

Anyways, thanks for sharing the story, I really enjoyed it. :) It's left fairly open ended, so if there are any follow up stories, I'd love to read them.  :seraismile:
--- End quote ---

Ahh thank you so much for your reply, Tumbleweed. I am really glad you enjoyed this-I was losing confidence after the lack of replies. xD

[In reply to your spoiler]:

(click to show/hide)Yup, you got that right. I was trying to picture Lisianthus as a complicated character-she isn't the one to be easily broken down, no matter how others think of her. And she isn't exactly the good character either; she has her faults.

As for a follow-up, I know it sounds strange, but this short story is based off an RP I take role in on another site. xD Lisianthus is there-three years after this story ends. You know, if you'd like, I can tell you what happens to her later. ^^

--- Quote from: atommo on April 10, 2012, 06:48:14 AM ---I've just read this and its great! I can't believe I missed this before :reivsweat: I like the way the story develops in a way like a movie keeps referring to a bomb but in the end it fails to cause any major harm. Anyhow, well done on a great story :)

--- End quote ---

Thank you. =D I am glad to have put such a suspense through it. Merci again for the reply. ^^

Tumbles:

--- Quote from: Luv on November 20, 2286, 10:46:39 AM ---As for a follow-up, I know it sounds strange, but this short story is based off an RP I take role in on another site. xD Lisianthus is there-three years after this story ends. You know, if you'd like, I can tell you what happens to her later. ^^

--- End quote ---

Please do!  :vikonsmile:

Miss Nile:
As you wish. :D

Please read only if you read the story, as it contains some spoilers:

(click to show/hide)Three years after ruling her kingdom, Lisianthus finally found her cousin, Nerine, who has the powers she has been searching for so long in the human world. Although she tries to take the powers out of Nerine, by force although not hurting her cousin, she eventually gives up on it as she falls in love with Nerine's human husband, Alex. Eventually, Alex falls in love with her, too, despite being married to Nerine (and he does claim that he still loves Nerine at the same time).

The couple continued to have a secret relationship but eventually, Nerine found out when she caught them kissing at a time they thought they wouldn't be caught. Knowing that she had to leave to go back to her world anyways, and that Alex had to stay with Nerine (the girl forgave him as she loved him so much), Lisianthus gave up on Alex and returned to her world, but depressed and sad as the only hope for happiness she had died away.

Tumbles:

(click to show/hide)My my, that's very sad :( At least Nerine and Alex stayed together, but not only did Lisianthus end up depressed, she also gave up on happiness.

And I guess she'll never get to cry...  :'(
Anyways, thanks for sharing that :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version