Episode 1: To the Moon > To the Moon - Discussions

Which bit(s) made you cry?

(1/15) > >>

snorkel:
I've heard from a lot of people that this game made them cry.

As I cry in just about every movie that's slightly sad, I fully expected to be bawling through this game.  But I wasn't.  I didn't shed a tear.

I almost feel like I missed something  ???

The only part which made me feel particularly sad was when (click to show/hide)Joey died.  Was that the part that got the tears coming for everyone?  Or was it something else?

Kaleb702:
I'll just list the most epic parts in random order.
(click to show/hide)Crying of laughter: Watts beating up a squirrel
Crying of heartwarming: HORSETIME
Crying of sadness: Everything's Alright
Crying of bittersweet happiness: Shuttle Launch

digkv:
I actually never cry in movies, I sat through Up without shedding a tear.  However, admittedly I've been getting a bit more emotional in my later years and I did cry in Toy Story 3.  I was absolutely heartbroken while playing this game, the characters created were so deeply fleshed, realistic and beautiful.  Such wonderful real human characters were formed.  I shed a few tears in actually only one scene, (SPOILERS). The scene at the carnival where River and John meet for the first time was just absolutely tragic.  Everything fit together, her asking him to look at the moon and what he actually sees.  It echoed the previous scenes so perfectly and just showed the tragedy of their relationship: that he could never remember the magical moment they first met and she was trapped in trying to get him to remember.  It just broke my heart, it was such a well done scene so tragic so beautiful.  I loved every moment of it.  I was expecting to cry at the "everything's alright" scene but i didn't, but i was deeply overwhelmed with emotion at the scene.  Still just a wonderful game, I wish i could re-experience it like it was my first time.

boreddoom:

--- Quote from: digkv on February 18, 2012, 01:26:00 PM ---I actually never cry in movies, I sat through Up without shedding a tear.  However, admittedly I've been getting a bit more emotional in my later years and I did cry in Toy Story 3.  I was absolutely heartbroken while playing this game, the characters created were so deeply fleshed, realistic and beautiful.  Such wonderful real human characters were formed.  I shed a few tears in actually only one scene, (SPOILERS). The scene at the carnival where River and John meet for the first time was just absolutely tragic.  Everything fit together, her asking him to look at the moon and what he actually sees.  It echoed the previous scenes so perfectly and just showed the tragedy of their relationship: that he could never remember the magical moment they first met and she was trapped in trying to get him to remember.  It just broke my heart, it was such a well done scene so tragic so beautiful.  I loved every moment of it.  I was expecting to cry at the "everything's alright" scene but i didn't, but i was deeply overwhelmed with emotion at the scene.  Still just a wonderful game, I wish i could re-experience it like it was my first time.

--- End quote ---

This. (SPOILERS) When they looked at the moon, everything just clicked. The reason why Johnny wanted to go to the moon and why River kept folding rabbits. It was so sad T.T

Merlandese:
Pickled olive scene. That heartless witch.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version