Headers > Website and Forum Feedback

Bird Ranks

(1/3) > >>

Merlandese:
I suggested awhile back that we should change the ranks at Freebird to birds. If you guys are interested in changing forum ranks to free birds, I've taken the initiative and collected a rather comprehensive list of birds. Of course, this is just a suggestion and the final "okay" will come from the Powers That Be, but you can consider this a sort of demonstration or appeal.

I've gone through and made a collection of birds in several long lists in accordance to size. Each list is a generic size of bird in alphabetical order. Between each list is another list of the birds seen between two sizes (some types of Albatross can be found in the Large and Very Large category of birds.)

All of the adjectives have been removed from types of birds (there is Falcon but not Peregrine Falcon) unless they were hyphenated (such as Owl and Screech-Owl).

Missing from the list are mythological birds, Birdy, and the bird portions of Platypus.

I suggest intro level members are Dodo, even though it was a pretty big bird. From there, I think they should wheel through the lists in order of size, then preference. These lists will need to be cut down a lot if we wanted to realistically incorporate them as ranks, but it's a good start. If there are birds missing and you'd like them on there or birds that we can safely assume have no place as forum ranks, go ahead and say so.

:)

(click to show/hide)Amakihi
Avadavat
Bananaquit
Bushtit
Canary
Chickadee
Cordonbleu
Flycatcher
Gnatcatcher
Goldfinch
Grassquit
Hummingbird
Kinglet
Kiwi
Mango
Mannikin
Nuthatch
Parula
Seedeater
Siskin
Solitaire
Sparrow
Starthroat
Titmouse
Tyrannulet
Verdin
Violet-ear
Vireo
Warbler
Waxbill
White-eye
Woodstar
Wren

(click to show/hide)Chickadee
Flycatcher
Goldfinch
Nuthatch
Sparrow
Titmouse
Vireo
Warbler
Wren

(click to show/hide)Accentor
Akohekohe
Auklet
Becard
Bluebird
Bluetail
Bluethroat
Boblink
Brambling
Budgerigar
Bulbul
Bullfinch
Bunting
Cardinal
Catbird
Chaffinch
Chat
Chickadee
Cowbird
Creeper
Crossbill
Dipper
Dotterel
Dove
Dovekie
Elapaio
Finch
Flycatcher
Godwit
Goldfinch
Greenfinch
Grosbeak
Ground-Dove
Hawfinch
House-Martin
Junco
Kingbird
Kingfisher
Lark
Leiothrix
Liwi
Longspur
Murrelet
Needletail
Nighthawk
Nuthatch
Omao
Oriole
Ovenbird
Owl
Palila
Parakeet
Pewee
Phainopepla
Phalarope
Phoebe
Pipit
Plover
Poorwill
Pygmy-Owl
Pyrrhulokia
Quail
Rail
Redpoll
Redstart
Redwing
Robin
Rosefinch
Rosy-finch
Rubythroat
Sanderling
Sandpiper
Screech-Owl
Shrike
Snipe
Sparrow
Spindalis
Starling
Stint
Stonechat
Storm-Petrel
Swift
Tanager
Tern
Thrasher
Thrush
Titmouse
Towhee
Veery
Vireo
Wagtail
Warbler
Waterthrush
Waxwing
Wheatear
Woodpecker
Wren
Wrentit
Yellowthroat

(click to show/hide)Auklet
Dove
Flycatcher
Godwit
Grosbeak
Kingbird
Kingfisher
Murrelet
Oriole
Owl
Parakeet
Plover
Quail
Rail
Robin
Sandpiper
Snipe
Swift
Tern
Thrasher
Thrush
Towhee
Woodpecker

(click to show/hide)Ani
Auklet
Bittern
Blackbird
Bobwhite
Chicken
Chukar
Collared-Dove
Coot
Crake
Crow
Cuckoo
Curlew
Dove
Dowitcher
Duck
Fieldfare
Flicker
Flycatcher
Francolin
Gallinule
Garganey
Godwit
Golden-Plover
Grackle
Grebe
Greenchank
Grosbeak
Grouse
Guillemot
Gull
Hawk
Hobby
Jacana
Jackdaw
Jay
Kestrel
Killdeer
Kingbird
Kingfisher
Kiskadee
Kite
Kittiwake
Knot
Lapwing
Meadowlark
Merganser
Merlin
Mockingbird
Moorhen
Murrelet
Myna
Noddy
Nutcracker
Oriole
Owl
Parakeet
Parrot
Partridge
Pauraque
Penguin
Petrel
Pigeon
Plover
Prairie-Chicken
Ptarmigan
Puffin
Quail
Quail-Dove
Rail
Redhead
Redshank
Robin
Ruff
Sandgrouse
Sandpiper
Sapsucker
Scrub-Jay
Shama
Shearwater
Smew
Snipe
Sora
Stilt
Swift
Tattler
Teal
Tern
Thrasher
Thrush
Towhee
Trogon
Tropicbird
Turnstone
Tutle-Dove
Whimbrel
Whip-poor-will
Willet
Woodcock
Woodpecker
Yellowlegs

(click to show/hide)Bittern
Crow
Curlew
Duck
Godwit
Grebe
Grouse
Gull
Hawk
Kite
Kittiwake
Merganser
Owl
Prairie-Chicken
Ptarmigan
Shearwater
Tern
Tropicbird
Woodpecker

(click to show/hide)Albatross
Avocet
Bittern
Booby
Brant
Canvasback
Chachalaca
Cormorant
Crow
Curlew
Duck
Egret
Eider
Emu
Falcon
Fulmar
Gadwall
Godwit
Goldeneye
Goose
Goshawk
Grebe
Grouse
Gull
Gyrafalcon
Harrier
Hawk
Heron
Ibis
Jaeger
Junglefowl
Kite
Kittiwake
Kookaburra
Limpkin
Loon
Magpie
Mallard
Merganser
Murre
Night-Heron
Ostrich
Owl
Oystercatcher
Pheasant
Pintail
Pochard
Prairie-Chicken
Ptarmigan
Raven
Razorbill
Reef-Heron
Roadrunner
Sage-Grouse
Scaup
Scoter
Shearwater
Shoveler
Skimmer
Skua
Snowcock
Tern
Tropicbird
Vulture
Whistling-Duck
Wigeon
Woodpecker

Cormorant
Egret
Goose
Heron

Anhinga
Condor
Cormorant
Crane
Eagle
Egret
Flamingo
Frigatebird
Gannet
Goose
Heron
Jabiru
Peafowl
Pelican
Sea-Eagle
Spoonbill
Stork
Swan
Turkey

Star-san:
Since the site name is Freebird Games, I think we should give this a shot. :) Though we have to cut the list with at least ten levels, wherein level designation is according to post count. I have some more suggestions, but I have to think it over on how to post it here well.

Just Lance:
I fon't know. I don't say it's a bad idea, but I liked those game themed ranks. ^^'

واشا:
While we may have liked the game-related ranks, that system is kind of broken nowadays. Right now, the title isn't even shown; just the picture, and a ton of us are already at the very top of the list. Changing could allow for a lot more ranks, so that there's not a hundred "Quintessence"s or whatever walking around. And doing something non-game related means we don't have to incorporate new ranks every time a new game comes out, though we can still add ranks if we want to.

...So, apparently I'm in favor of this -wasn't sure but just listed a bunch of pros-

That being said, when we cut down the list of birds, we should probably stick with the more well-known ones. And maybe you're an extra-large bird for awhile, but then you've been that for awhile, you become a mythical bird? Like a roq or phoenix or caladrius or Birdie?

Just Lance:
Yeah good point. I don't think I have much to talk about ranks... 15000+ posts is still 4000 more than second best poster (mep) but at least I give an insight how much posts the achievement of next rank may be...

At OSW forum we have ranks based on factions. As far as my memory goes we have Jedi ranks, Sith ranks, Imperial ranks, Clone ranks and anti ranks (for spamers and so as a part of punishment). Privileged members like old-timers, founders, redactors of website or moderators have either designation of their status or have a special rank just for them (we have something of a "wiki-magazine" site too). For example I am moderator over there and bear a special rank of "sniper" :P The head admin is Supreme Commander, grupe of admins have either special rank or they are Grand Moffs, because most of the staff is really heavy Imperial oriented in SW universe (not my case). But that's just our humble forum. We don't even have much registered members some 623 as of now and regulars are a couple of dozens... Certainly fewer than here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version