Author Topic: The Painkillers (Spoilers)  (Read 11058 times)

troyamonga

The Painkillers (Spoilers)
« on: February 06, 2012, 03:37:34 PM »
So, what's everyone's favorite theory on why Dr. Watts uses painkillers? I personally think that Dr. Watts is dying, and is using the painkillers to lessen the pain.
Sure, you beat me in football. But can you beat me in...Mario Kart?

Question March

Re: The Painkillers (Spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 07:05:32 PM »
As of now, I only think he's having an addiction. I see no indicators as to why he's dying.

troyamonga

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 09:35:15 PM »
There are other reasons to take painkillers too. Remember what doctors prescribe them for. Neil might have lied to Eva so that she wouldn't worry.

Question March

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 10:07:27 PM »
Yep, but we don't know yet if Neil lies for the right reason, not much is known about that side of his personality. I, on the other hand, would want to see more clues to his...specularity (lolwut) in the next episode which will either confirm one of the several theories about him or just confuse us more.

P.S. Good thing you're not bringing up the red flash thing at the end, the Oldbirds really flip out when thew Newbirds are positing that as proof of something. :P

Judedeath

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 10:19:23 PM »
Yeah, they are kinda sensitive about the red flash thing.

Also he's taking them obviously cause he walked into a wall and got hurt.
Old River was as dead as a doornail, this must be distinctly understood or nothing wonderful can come of the story I am about to relate.

Question March

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 10:21:29 PM »

THE 4TH WALL! Never realized we were that close.

Judedeath

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2012, 10:24:02 PM »

THE 4TH WALL! Never realized we were that close.

M Bison: Of Course!
Old River was as dead as a doornail, this must be distinctly understood or nothing wonderful can come of the story I am about to relate.

troyamonga

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 02:44:10 PM »
P.S. Good thing you're not bringing up the red flash thing at the end, the Oldbirds really flip out when thew Newbirds are positing that as proof of something. :P

I didn't use the red flash because...it really can't be used as good evidence. It could have been ANYTHING. (Personal theory is a flash of pain, but I'm not trying to use it as evidence to convince anyone.)

Just Lance

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2012, 02:14:39 AM »
They're actually modified painkillers to stop him from turning into gigantic cupcake and nom the world!
"God, it's so hard to be a smartass nowadays." Dr. Neil Watts (To the Moon)

dutpotd

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2012, 05:37:29 PM »
I'm really curious how this will play out.

Especially since it seemed like a) he must have been recently injured because Eva didn't know about it, but b) he couldn't have been recently injured because he seemed able-bodied enough, does this mean c) he was injured a long time ago and is addicted to the meds? But if so, why did he clearly state he'd rather be dead. OR d) he had a flash of pain at the end and really was recently injured and we just didn't see any of the impacts until the end, OR e) he had a flash craving/need to take the pills due to addiction.

Certainly wasn't clear, and I like the fact the designer can go any way with it - addiction or injury - both could be equally devastating or problematic in future instalments.

The-PurpleOrange

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2012, 12:38:33 PM »
He smashed his face on the steering wheel when he crashed.

snorkel

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2012, 02:47:40 PM »
When did he say he'd rather be dead?

The-PurpleOrange

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2012, 11:38:13 AM »
 To be  honest I really don't know what the painkillers significance is at this time, other than knowing Neil is addicted to them though why he became addicted is also not currently know. I also cannot say without doubt that the red flash is linked to them in someway since the only link is that the painkillers and the flash were in the same scene I believe, but other than that there is no way of telling if they were linked. And even if they were we still wouldn't know what it would all mean.

So yeah, it's a pretty open topic. Anything could happen.

Question March

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2012, 06:52:37 PM »
It's not even safe to say that Neil is addicted as Eva is the only one who implied it. From the player's POV, Neil could be just very well be in the right dosage of the meds but is unwilling to let people know about it.

Judedeath

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2012, 08:44:32 PM »
Here's something I don't think anyone has brought up yet, how do we know these are Painkillers, instead of say them being something else but they're being kept in a Painkiller bottle?

* Recent Media

Eva Rosalene Chibi

Views: 957
Posted by: Anime_Stars
in: To the Moon
Neil Watts Chibi

Views: 962
Posted by: Anime_Stars
in: To the Moon
Sleep | Music Video

Views: 30
Posted by: Skywrtr